official post anything

T1no

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ergonomics on this Microsoft Standard Wireless Optical Mouse (LINK) are damn simple and damn good. Why is it that I find the most generic, simple mice to be so comfortable but perform horribly or lack some critical feature?! I need to start my own mouse company...

Edited by kuhla

yes lets starts those company.

only 500.000 doller

Hmm. To start I would need to buy 2-3 mice to reverse engineer some of their parts. That brings me to about $100. Next I would need to buy plenty of clay ($60 worth?) to make a bunch of molds for different designs. This would allow me to test ergonomics before I started getting actual plastic molds made. I would need to buy a bunch of actual mouse sensors so, at about $10 max for each bundle, about another $100 worth. I'm at $260 so far so thats a little over half. Let's say $90 in "bits". About $50 to build a testing/benchmark station. At $400 now. With the last $100 I would MAYBE have enough to get a CNC plastic body made as the prototype. MAYBE. Prototyping is expensive and injection molding is $$$$$. Yes, 5 digits.

Can you tell I have considered this before? :D

Turn off music. Turn up speakers/headphones.

Dramatic Lemur.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkqqMPPg2VI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkqqMPPg2VI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

GODDAM EPIC ROFL.

that video deserve its own thread