Tactically Inept

Mirror's Edge

kuhla

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad the average gamer would get less use out of running shoes than that diorama that comes in the real special edition.

yea yea I know..... I'm not in the doritos and mtn dew primary demographic.... my views don't reflect the majority.... marketing couldn't give a

• 7 months later...

http://www.mirrorsedge.com/gameplay

Gadgets:

Faith needs little less than her running skills, martial arts knowledge, and determination to fight the oppression smothering the citizens of Glass. But a few pieces of hi-tech hardware will help her to traverse the city.

Mag Rope - Latches on to specific points in the world, allowing for unique traversal and interaction opportunities.

Disruptor - This upgrade of the tech in Faith's glove lets you disrupt and destroy KrugerSec and AI systems.

Build up and maintain Focus by maintaining movement and action. When Faith has Focus enemies can’t hit her, but losing Focus makes enemy attacks a greater threat to your health level. Once Faith focuses completely, she enters into Flow, a state of awareness that allows you to attack in new and more powerful ways.

The Flow/Focus part seems interesting, although I'm very wary of the gadgets. I think the reason why so many people liked the first one was because it was all about free-running. We'll see if this ends up like the recent assassins creed game and if they go full batman.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a decent number of hours in this too.

• If you did not like the last game, you won't like this.
  • If you liked the last game, you will like this.
  • It's open-world now with some very small side-missions (fetch this with timer, get to here with timer, etc.)
  • because it is open-world you end up going back over the same areas sometimes many times which is a bit annoying.
  • Combat system is much improved but it's still nothing to write home about.
  • An unlock system was added for no reason I can understand. You start the game with less abilities than you had last game.
  • Definitely still hast that gotta-move-fast-gotta-move-fast feeling combined with the occasional sphincter tighetning blind jump that you have been led to for 20 ft now hoping there is something you will grab.
  • Graphics are a lot like the last game, very bright, smooth, lots of ikea.
  • Loading times feel long. There also seems to be some loading as you move around the city.
  • The bone crushing sound from falls is gone.
  • You actually go all the way down to street level sometimes now.
  • There are time-trials sprinkled everywhere along with public leaderboards.
  • Grapple-hook addition kind of makes sense since it allows for a bit more variety in level design but you are not constantly using it.

Happy with my purchase. I'm pretty convinced at this point that this is a niche experience/game though.