kuhla

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Malaphax said:

Considering I haven't read the books I may be way off by saying this, but doesn't that fit with the general theme of the novel?  I'd argue that tracer is certainly a popular figure from blizzard, probably more popular than some of the warcraft3/WoW characters. 

They talk in the book how people have online avatars of like.... everything.... I'm just still surprised they got the licensing to reference so much stuff....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Feelings are all over the place on that one.
Could be good.
Could be bad.
He doesn't look or sound exactly like Harrison Ford but does he have to as long as he "acts" like the character should?
We are getting it sooner than I expected.
I am very ok with Woody Harrelson, Donald Glover and Emilia Clarke being part of the cast.
I wonder when tickets will go on sale. Not doing the drive to irvine spectrum for this one. Just doing it local.
It would be neat if they did the "Rogue One" thing again in the sense that the end of the movie has him landing on Tatooine looking for a new job.

Some people on reddit made the comparison of Michael Fassbender's version of Steve Jobs.  While Fassbender looks nothing like Steve Jobs (and Ashton Kutcher actually does) his acting and portrayal of the character was so convincing, he managed to make it work.
Unfortunately I feel like this is going to be a shitshow and the main character isn't going to be anything to write home about.  All the news/rumors surrounding this movie is that it's had plenty of rough patches and some serious shortfalls to overcome. 
I hope the supporting cast and the more open license lets them make a strong Star Wars film. 
Yea, at this point I'm actually inclined to just stay local for all the Star Wars releases.  Episode 8 really robbed my passion for making a big production out of seeing these films. 

I actually hope they don't do the rogue one thing where they tie it in perfectly - not just because the actors look too young, but because it would need to involve a fairly major time-skip to properly work.  While I generally hate after credits scenes for movies, I think if they used that as the time-skip and setup for the original trilogy it would be a nice tie in without having to force it. 

Sidenote: The lego community actually had the inside info on the Millenium Falcon redesign back in early January. 
JDP_MDG_0801183807JPG.jpg