Tactically Inept

Fighting Games

ren

post cool stuff here

talked to kuhla on monday about this, here is a very well made video that explains hit confirm way better than I can.

it is made in sf4, but it applies fully (possibly even more so due to prevalence of supers) to sf3, and most every other sf/capcom game.

check out his other videos for high level/in depth fighting game mechanics. sf4 has alot more depth than I thought it did.

i should note that 90% of those hit confirms are done with links

c.LP->c.LP for instance

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Daigo won handily. The only guy who would have stood a chance against him got eliminated by fucking mike ross on a clutch headbutt. If gamerbee had made it to the finals I would have been excited as it was it was boring and honestly the stream dropping didn't help the hype.

This evo had a fucking truckload of akuma players all of them were really good, however JR Rodriguez had the most "stylized" akuma often landing demons from fucking nowhere just for style points.

Gamerbee stole the show eliminating justin wong, he also won a 16 man invitational from team spooky, beating out everyone else handily. Gamerbee beating out jwong is doubly insulting because wong said that adon was a shitty character. The fact of the matter is, he has no combos and a very limited moveset. However he has a decent dragon punch a fucking ridiculous overhead and good damage. So if you can react fast enough (gamerbee did this many times) then you win. I like how sometimes it's not about combos or mixups but about just flat out reactions and counters.

The best part of evo was when ricky ortiz won the losers finals, he ran over to give justin wong a hug and justin was freaking out, practically pushing/ducking out of the way. I want that in .gif format because of the massive awkwardness it represented. It needs the rather obvious text of "Nigga you gay". Oh well daigo didn't give a shit, he schooled the nailpolish purse wielding faggot anyways.

In all seriousness if you want to see all the "good" matches I'd actually recommend watching all of the day 2 evo matches. There were more people and far better play overall. Also massive respect to Vangeif that guy is amazingly good, and on a playstation controller not to mention that was his first evo, him and gamerbee are now on the map and deserve massive respect.

Other than most of the final match (fucking stream) I saw the jwong elimination vs gamerbee and semifinal of jwong vs vangief.

I would very much like to see this epic hug evade you speak of... *GOOGLE POWERSSS ACTIVATEEE*

Found: Posted Image

HNGGGGG that looked awkward.

I'll check out some of the other matches when I get a chance: http://www.eventhubs.com/

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.justin.tv/peacefuljay

That stream is pretty much 24/7. There are plenty of pros that frequent it, such as: alex valle, lamerboi, liquidSRK, and juicebox etc...

It's always pretty decent for a quick look. So far the best player I've seen is a seth player who's name is Zeniside. He plays that character like it's meant to be played, cheap and dirty. So if you're bored and want to watch a bit of quality street fighter, I highly recommend it.