Sign in to follow this  
T1no

RAnd0m Au7om071v3

kuhla   

Good video.

A smaller tire with more sidewall is probably my preference because I don't drive a track to work.

I've never been a fan of massive tires+wheels.

kuhla   

HMMM. OC Autoshow I'm probably interested. Local. Cheap. A quick touching base on all the manufacturers that are willing to show up.

kuhla   

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mazda-strategy-idUSKBN1AO0E7

TOKYO (Reuters) - Mazda Motor Corp said it would become the world's first automaker to commercialize a much more efficient petrol engine using technology that deep-pocketed rivals have been trying to engineer for decades, a twist in an industry increasingly going electric.

The new compression ignition engine is 20 percent to 30 percent more fuel efficient than the Japanese automaker's current engines and uses a technology that has eluded the likes of Daimler AG and General Motors Co.

A homogeneous charge compression ignition (HCCI) engine ignites petrol through compression, eliminating spark plugs. Its fuel economy potentially matches that of a diesel engine without high emissions of nitrogen oxides or sooty particulates.

Mazda's engine employs spark plugs under certain conditions, such as at low temperatures, to overcome technical hurdles that have hampered commercialization of the technology.

Mazda's share price closed down 1.3 percent. That compared with a 0.3 percent fall in the benchmark Nikkei 225 index.

Neat.