BATTLEFIELD4

T1no

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a text version someone posted on reddit. So you don't have to open up a pdf just to read patchnotes...

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/3qerh4/oct_27th_all_patch_notes_text_version/

I think the major points that stood out to me is that one new map is being released, some new tickrates should be available.

They also decided to nerf IRNV/FLIR into the ground. They will no longer see through smoke. Welcome to blind-fire simulator 2015. On the bright side, people should be able to push more aggressively with smoke.

They completely redid some damage and damage models on boats and other vehicles. Plenty of changes. We'll also be getting another map "Dragon Pass" in their winter update, which I expect to be the last update to bf4.

I'm not honestly sure how much time (if any) I plan on putting into bf4 rather than battlefront, but I'm hoping that most of these changes and updates will be taken into consideration on the next iteration of the main battlefield series.

EDIT:

I should also mention that you have to download the new map as "DLC" on origin.

It looks like they also made the phantom bow a basic unlock now. Which I think is good, because there was no way I was going to be able to do all that shit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/3qfap0/everyone_can_unlock_the_phantom_bow_now_on/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Almost two year bump.

Since we have been playing this again, I was thinking about what are some of the problems I have with the current BF4 (which would also overlap with what some of what I would like to see in another "modern" BF):

1. Remove all player controlled drones (UCAV, MAV, etc.)
  2. Reduce all vehicle acceleration. It should take much longer to go from full stop to full speed. Too easy currently to race into a base and then race out again.
  3. Reduce all land vehicle large turret speed. Not sure how best to do this. It would be kind of neat to see it as a keyboard control like arrow keys with space bar for fire. Fixed rotation speed. This would probably nerf vehicles so they would probably need an armor buff or something. The fact that being in a tank is just as responsive as a soldier on foot causes a lot of problems.
  4. Remove AA vehicles. They are too effective against all types of targets and there are a number of existing anti-AA options.
  5. Make terrain indestructible. This does hurt immersion a bit but they craters are annoying and, once all the trees are destroyed, it feels really lame to be fighting in "no mans land".

I'd actually change a few things from what you've mentioned. 

1. I would remove the COMBAT drones, but scouting drones are fine.  In fact I'd buff scouting drones so that indirect rocket fire on vehicles is a valid option and also reduce the collision damage to something minuscule like 10hp so they can't be used to ram players/vehicles.  Bringing back the tracer dart would be fun. 
  2. I think the vehicle handling as a whole should be redone, helicopters feel reasonable but jets and most land/sea vehicles feel awkward at best.  I think keeping small vehicles fast and nimble is fine but anything car/jeep sized should have a bit more weight and acceleration on it.  Jet's need to be slightly less mobile so that when they set up for a strafing run it can be dodged by ground/air units.
  3. I agree that reducing tanks/apcs effectiveness is a good idea, but I personally don't like the idea of taking away responsiveness because it always feels like a janky solution at best.  If anything I'd put negative mouse acceleration on the tank turrets so that small corrections feel fast but big sweeping turns hit a rotation speed cap (no 180 swivels).  I'd also be willing to make certain defensive capabilities weaker, the anti-missile system should block 1 shot rather than provide nearly 10 seconds of invulnerability.  Increasing their durability to ranged damage is fine but C4 should still be instagib with 1-2 satchels. 
  4. I think when the game launched we didn't have enough anti-air and they had the vehicles there to help prevent air camping.  I agree AA should be made an automated system that protects the uncapable spawn areas of maps, I think bf3 had this but it wasn't automated?  I also would like to see the engineer class start with the stinger/rpg unlocked to help incentivize bringing anti-air to the fight.  I think vehicles that are spotted should reduce the efficacy of flares/ECM.  If more than 2 players are working to down a chopper/jet they need to be flying low and breaking sightlines or running away and putting distance between themselves and ground forces.  I would give the concession that the aircraft should be shown where the target lock or missile is coming from so they can try and take out the anti-air that's hunting them. 
  5. I think reducing the terrain destruction would be the better option.  Allow for very light levels of cratering so you don't fight on the moon.  Also I believe the high ticket servers are mostly to blame for this, shorter matches don't run into this problem as often and i think resetting the map frequently would fix the no mans land issue.  Maps should aim for ~20 minutes of play.

1. yea remove combat drone / scouting drone uav is fine.

2. Either make jumping less spam able or make the hit reg better. prob less spamable cause its dumb even on semi tactical shooter.

3. i thought the destructible is fine but tank is too slow and annoying to maneuver on those terrain. kinda lame. (also why i like rush game mode better. i get to destroy new shit and i have cover.)