Tactically Inept

Question, twitch.tv status

par0ar

Hi.

All the info and code for the twitch stream button is in this thread, see 3rd reply: http://www.tactinept.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3840

For doing it with multiple channels, you could either do multiple iframes with multiple twitch.php (or your equivalent) which I imagine is more guaranteed to work or try to do one longer one iframe and twitch.php (or your equivalent) which spits out multiple buttons which I don't know if that even works. My php knowledge is limited.

I hope that is useful. Let me know if you have more questions (that I can answer). Mine isn't too "pretty" the way it is implemented.

There are some extra bits of info you can pull/embed, see here: https://github.com/justintv/Twitch-API/wiki/Streams-Resource

I have already Deen what you put together and its great, the main thing is it works ... You can always work on making it look pretty ... Good job.

I thought about putting it in the legend or header with multiple .phps but the thought it would look better if each person status was displayed under their info box, so you can see their status under any post they have made.

The problem is I can't work out how to have the script do it. I could create a custom profile field and pull it from there but my knowledge is limited too.

I don't know where posts are in the template files.

Then from there you would probably have to find a $USER variable or something like that and pass it in.

I'm sorry I can't really help you. It's a bit above my ability.

The only thing I would mention that may be relevant is that I've noticed that twitch's API is a tiny bit slower than my hosting (and probably yours) so I do notice sometimes the button take a second longer than the page to come up. If it was being called a ton of times on one page load and it was part of the template code, it may hurt loading times.