Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
T1no

Official VW/Audi Thread

1,061 posts in this topic

I was talking with a guy yesterday at the conference with an SQ5. He was really happy with it and said that he feels he will probably be measuring all future cars against that.

nice. i would prob would never buy suv for a daily driver. wagon or real vehicle with offroad capabilities 

that whole virtual cockpit thing gets old real fast. had it on my a4 loaner

its fancy tho. its almost useless if you dont get the navigation.

Still cool as hell.

The changes I appreciate on the mk7.5

• Front and Rear Lights - The front lights look better and more aggressive, I love the changes to the red line.  The rear lights have a proper yellow indicators, which is a small detail I dislike on the "older" golfs
  • Additional driving settings / customization - you can choose between eco, normal, and sport modes. I have a feeling the differences will be minor but it's always nice to have more options
  • Bigger & Better infotainment system - I believe the 2017 model already comes with apple/google integration and the mk7.5 looks like they've bumped this again slightly

I dislike the completely digital cockpit, and with today's phones, why would I ever want to use a car's built in navigation when my phone will almost certainly be better - especially consider the car has android auto integration.

In a perfect world, I'll find a 2018 GTI S trim with performance package.  I don't really want the fancy upgrades, not super interested in the leather seats, bigger infotainment system or the digital dash.  I also have to be concerned about sunroof and fit so I don't want a higher trim model. 

Last I heard from a dealer the 2018 GTI should arrive approximately September. 
Sidenote, I briefly asked a dealer about that official tuning with a warranty, he was clueless and I don't blame him - it's only available to a small number of dealerships.  Honestly I think 230hp is plenty anyways, that's basically what my WRX gets and I rarely get a chance to enjoy it.

ohh ya i forgot with that apr shit lol

yea on the performance package; lsd is prob a must if you gonna tune it.  

im interested if they bring the full led tails to the us.

The APR stuff is basically not available to us in socal. You need to buy from some very specific dealers to get it.  Honestly I'm not interested in tuning it anyways, 220hp is plenty. 
I plan on getting a performance package or sport because of the bigger brakes. 
I sincerely hope the full led tail lights are coming, if they aren't that's some bullshit.  Honestly that might be enough to affect my purchase decision, especially considering the relatively small changes between the mk7 and 7.5