Tactically Inept

[TV] American Gods

Malaphax

A recently released ex-convict named Shadow meets a mysterious man who calls himself "Wednesday" and who knows more than he first seems to about Shadow's life and past.

www.imdb.com/title/tt1898069/

Season 1 just ended.  I have not read the book this is based on, but it jumps around quite a bit with several different point of view characters.  The concept for the show is interesting, and the visuals are top notch.  I think this is Starz attempt to build their own game of thrones style big budget series.  I generally don't have an issue with profanity, but there are certain scenes where every other word is "fuck" and it comes off as poorly written.  I'd recommend the show, but be prepared for weirdness. 

26 minutes ago, Malaphax said:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1898069/

Season 1 just ended.  I have not read the book this is based on, but it jumps around quite a bit with several different point of view characters.  The concept for the show is interesting, and the visuals are top notch.  I think this is Starz attempt to build their own game of thrones style big budget series.  I generally don't have an issue with profanity, but there are certain scenes where every other word is "fuck" and it comes off as poorly written.  I'd recommend the show, but be prepared for weirdness. 

Considering I have read a handful of his written work, that is a fairly true statement for Neil Gaiman in general.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Finished season 3. I still feel season 1 was the best.

source - https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/starz-cancels-american-gods-after-3-seasons-due-to-falling-ratings/ar-BB1f6OGM

American Gods has been canceled at Starz after three seasons.

The Neil Gaiman-created series struggled to maintain ratings in its most recent airing and the premium cable network decided to end it.

However, according to THR.com, Starz is in talks with show producer Freemantle about a potential final movie or series of episodes that would wrap up the drama for fans.

I am not exactly surprised. The show has a lot of problems and not just for the casual audience but also for the more serious fans of the Neil Gaiman book this came from.