Sign in to follow this  
Jedi2155

2009 Prius redesign Information and Pictures...

I'm still hoping the new '09 prius looks something like what is shown from the Hybrid-X...but more information regarding the power system has been released and I feel sad....Toyota definitely didn't go the direction I was hoping for it....

They freaking increased the power of the Prius from 110 HP to around 160 HP (upped the gas engine from 75 to 100 HP the electric system as well) which is more than my current camry!!! Ugggh.

http://www.autoobserver.com/2008/04/toyota-prius-ne.html

On the other hand they also said there will be about a 10% MPG boost based on the Japanese numbers so it would be around 50-55 MPG, 2008 EPA tests which equates to about 65-70 MPG on the older EPA ratings.

I was personally hoping for at least 60 MPG EPA of which I would hope to get between 70-80 MPG my driving....oh well....a boost is a boost...

get the current one O_o (do it,no joke, serious)

then sell it in 2 years and lost prob 7-8 grand and get the new one 2nd year production.

that way they have time to fix some bugs and redo their packaging to make it more attractive.

to be honest after buying the Audi a3 1st year, I've learn something that nobody get it right the first time.

1st year production is kinda gay. : the bugs,packaging, and all the little things that they did to improve the car

my car is been around in Europe but some stuff just isn't perfect.

i wouldn't worry about not be able of selling it.

1st its a Toyota

2nd its prius

get the current one O_o (do it,no joke, serious)

then sell it in 2 years and lost prob 7-8 grand and get the new one 2nd year production.

that way they have time to fix some bugs and redo their packaging to make it more attractive.

to be honest after buying the Audi a3 1st year, I've learn something that nobody get it right the first time.

1st year production is kinda gay. : the bugs,packaging, and all the little things that they did to improve the car

my car is been around in Europe but some stuff just isn't perfect.

i wouldn't worry about not be able of selling it.

1st its a Toyota

2nd its prius

You're right. I should buy the current one and resell it in a few years after the new model and the Chevy Volt is out.

I was considering getting a Chevy Volt instead actually......

i cant say anything about that design concept to be a production model for the next gen prius LOL

the interior is definitely going to be different. (civilized)

still looks ugly

Looks are always subjective, in the end all that matters about aesthetics is one's personal opinion.

Looks are always subjective, in the end all that matters about aesthetics is one's personal opinion.

....but there are some general guidelines that the majority of people adhere to.

It doesn't matter to me....I don' care what you guys think if I like it enough.

There are certain things I care of what others think about, when it comes to looks in a vehicle....its usually a moot point. I'd only care it if it affects the kinds of girls I could get....and I sorta do care about that...but its at a point where if they care or don't like it, then I would have a problem with the girl.

It doesn't matter to me....I don' care what you guys think if I like it enough.

I wasn't implying how it factors to you, I don't particularly care how it matters to you, but I have heard too many people just say "looks don't matter it's all subjective yada yada yada" about too many things, but it does matter. Scenario: If you go to a job interview looking like a freak, I don't care if looks are subjective, you're stupid. Regardless of how subjective things are to someone, other people's opinions need to be taken into account when they hold power over your future.

Looks to a car is totally up to the owner just like that of a computer chassis.

A job interview is a obvious example where looks DOES matter. Obviously there are a lot of situations where looks does matter but the looks of a vehicle is a very small part of that considering that most people I regularly converse don't even know what I drive. Nor would the people I work with probably. Now if I were a PR guy or President of something or something else where the vehicle I drive would matter then yes, looks would matter. But for most part it does not matter for a transportation vehicle.

you know for example.

you said something you don't like/hates big wheels on a car.

i think the majority of people would disagree yes no ?

big wheels is nicer imo

yes if its too big its ugly but then some people like those big nasty wheels.

you know for example.

you said something you don't like/hates big wheels on a car.

i think the majority of people would disagree yes no ?

big wheels is nicer imo

yes if its too big its ugly but then some people like those big nasty wheels.

Well yes, thats just my subjective opinion...I have no right to force my opinion on others, not even for global warming or anything of the sort. The best I can do is give my opinions as respectfully as possible and hope that it will make a difference.

It is also my idea that on the subject of aesthetics, that you can try to change a persons mind concerning why this is or why this is good, but in the end result as usual is always up to the person as whether they will still find that style particularly pleasing once they get a better picture of others thoughts on its aesthetics.

yes, but you know the frustrating part is that when you are showing some one something that you really like and the other party dislike the damn thing soo badly;

you end up went wtf, i cant believe you dont like that and you have no idea why.

cause really there is no real explanation to that. LOL