Sign in to follow this  
Jedi2155

Admin Validation - READ LAST POST

To get Admin Validated Post the Following:

1. How you found this site

2. Name

3. Proof that you're not a spammer :)

Following that, a admin will soon validate your account :).

*edit*

New Users must PM either Kuhla or Jedi2155 to get verified.

I have severly restricted the Validating user group privliges. They can no longer post/reply at all (so they can't post in this thread right now) or view our member profiles among other things that I changed. EDIT 2 : This is a temporary measure until Richard and I talk tonight/tommorow/over the weekend to form a group consensous. Perhaps we will give validating users permission to post/reply in this section of the forum ONLY (as in ONLY Site Suggestions) but I would prefer if we make it a PM-an-admin system.

Ideally I would like if everyone that joined had a friend already here who could vouch for them but that would severly restrict and complicate the registration system.

This spam problem is getting much worse. There are currently 12 people waiting to be validated who registerd today/yesterday. They all have very bizarre email addresses which leads me to assume they are spammers. I have denied all of them. If you were NOT a spammer awaiting validation, sorry. Try again.

EDIT : Until Richard and I talk, and come to a group consensous on how to handle this, I have re-enabled the usage of the PM system for users that are awaiting validation. PM either myself, Jedi2155 or both and answer the questions Jedi2155 mentioned in his post above. PMs to any other user will result in immediate ban/account deletion.

Edited by kuhla

Ah CRAP!

Someone PMed me and I didn't realize it! So their account got deleted by the time I checked my e-mail...damn...almost had another member....

*sigh* We need new blood. I figure lets turn off the admin validation system and just let everyone through. It will mean we have to do a lot more thread deleting because of spammers but we need more members zomg...

I want no more than a hundred spammers on our forum at any one time.

lol keke ... so next time your in admin panel can you disable the validation system plz :D

I just tried a mass member delete based on some common spammer email addresses. It netted and deleted 127 members. I hope no one else got hurt with it in any way. If you have problems, please mention them.

I did another series of mass deletes based on certain email address characteristics. These deletions was much broader than the last one so once again, please let me know if your account gets accidentally deleted, although I strongly doubt it will.

I have been working on a banned email filter for a while now which should preemptively stop some of the more popular spambots from even being allowed to register in the first place. However a few of the filter rules are somewhat broad so if anyone is having trouble registering, let me know. For now we should see a decrease in spam posts from even appearing in the first place.

Guest ScreamoonW

Can you please make your installation instructions a little bit more clear as I have done it verbatim and it is NOT working for me I am getting errors when I try to access it through the DA interface

Guest FreekingDelphina

Im wondering if the "require validation" on rooms should even be an option. If you let others add to your story, Im starting to think that you should require validation. This will prevent a lot of crap from getting on the site I think.

Whatchyall think?

Ignore everything in this thread as of 2-2-13.

Email validation and open registration will be enabled once I can get some things worked out.

EDIT 3-13-13: Registration should be open now.