Sign in to follow this  
kuhla

A day in the middle east.

So I don't know if you all have been watching or keeping up on the news coming out of the middle east the last few days but its getting so rediculous I actually found myself laughing out loud today. Its like a bad movie with non stop plot twists!

** Hamas has started an all out war on the rival Palistinian faction Fatah in Gaza with Fatah loosing badely.

** With the popular vote in Gaza going 44% Hamas and 42% Fatah, the civilians on both sides are pissed by the chaos this fighting has caused.

** So now you have 3 sides. Fatah, Hamas and everyone else.

** The U.N. said it will "scale back" operations in the area since I guess its too hot for them.

----------> So that takes care of the Palistinian element. They now seem more pissed at each other than Israel and the US.

** In Iraq a major Shiite mosque was bombed.

** Later in the day Sunni mosques came under attack.

** US accuses Iran of arming Hezbollah in Lebanon, Hamas in Gaza, Shias in Iraq and the Taliban in Afghanistan

** US trains and arms local Sunni militants in Iraq who vowed to fight al-Qaida

** Everybody seems to hate al-Qaida.

----------> So in Iraq and Afghanistan there is also now seemingly more in-fighting between the locals than with the US/ISAF.

So we are only left with one problem. Who is bringing the popcorn? (note the sarcasm)