Tactically Inept

Quote of Day

Jedi2155

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As a friend, I would like to point out that type of talk should probably be kept private. It paints a negative picture of your significant other. If she doesn't care, then it doesn't matter but she might be embarrassed otherwise.

Just my opinion.

I did ask if I could tell my friends that, but she never did answer me on it. I do like to embarrass her sometimes. I didn't see how it paints a negative picture of her on it though so I'm deleting it. It was a joke quote meant to have two purposes, show how insensitive I can be sometimes, and allude at something else that had innuendo even though nothing of the sort occurred (as Tino knows very well how often I take off my belt at his house).

Cynical realism is the intelligent man's best excuse for doing nothing in an intolerable situation. - Aldous Huxley

Watch what people are cynical about and one can often discover what they lack - George S. Patton

I love Winston Churchill quotes....

Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts. - Winston Churchill

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential - Winston Churchill

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.- Winston Churchill

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/...AbqU3Gcs8Qt1.99

• 2 weeks later...

I teach community college. The other day a 28 year old woman in class said that the "average person touches their face 375 times per minute." Per minute. PER MINUTE. We told her no and she stood her ground. She would NOT yield. Said it was research.

This fat kid in the back of the room is a physics major. He was about to lose it. Just stared at me and tapped his face as fast as he could. I love that kid.

• 4 months later...

Having friends is important. If you have friends, that means you are
not insufferable. Make sure you meet the friends of your friends. If
you can’t stand any of them, then your friend has poor taste and their
validation does you no good. Move on. My advice: save energy by
befriending people that have no other friends.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe we are, in some way, headed for a man made extinction event. These things happen all the time to this planet. It's nothing new and there's no reason that we shouldn't be the thing that creates it this time around. I just hope our hearts and brains can figure a way to slide through it fairly gracefully. But maybe "extinction event" and "graceful" never appear side to side for a reason. - Peter Buffet

Pearls of wisdom:

"Women are shoemakers and men are the customers. You want the customers that will try on one, keep it, love it, and cherish it. You don't want the ones that will try on all the shoes and not buy anything.

...Especially the ones with the big feet. They stretch out your shoes and make them ugly."

Thank you, grandmother.

• 4 weeks later...

"Folks, I can tell you I've known eight presidents, three of them intimately." --Joe Biden, Aug. 22, 2012

"I promise you, the president has a big stick. I promise you." --Joe Biden, citing Theodore Roosevelt's famous quote, "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." (April 26, 2012)

• 2 weeks later...

In the end, it shouldn't matter whether you get there or not. There is no light at the end of the tunnel, not because there isn't any light, but because you shouldn't be in any tunnel to begin with. Have goals, work hard, but be where it is bright.

A little anxiety at 27 is healthy though and also quite common. It tends to get worse, but you just have to forget how old you are (I have been told this is easier for Men). Try this:

1. Pretend you are 60 for a minute, then pretend to be a 60 year old pretending to be 55. Would anyone tell the difference, or even care?
  2. Now return to 27 and secretly pretend you are 22.
  3. Now spend the next 5 years the way you envisioned you would have, so that you can be the 27 year old you always imagined you would be.
  4. If you succeed, you are probably ahead of yourself, even at 32. If you fail, you are just like everyone else who failed until 32 but eventually succeeds by 37. If you fail again, you are just like everyone else that failed until 37 but succeeds by 42. Eventually by the time you retire, you will catch up with yourself, or settle in a good place.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Old AIM Quotes (I got plenty of them =D)

T1nOl1c1oUS (Martino Harly in reference to Ren)
T1nOl1c1oUS (6:38:01 PM): he dint go online tht much
JeDi2155 (6:38:06 PM): yeah
T1nOl1c1oUS (6:38:10 PM): hes busy with his stupid lil edonkey d.l
JeDi2155 (6:38:14 PM): lol
T1nOl1c1oUS (6:38:17 PM): he said aim will take away his bandwith

T1nOl1c1oUS (8:25:46 PM): who wana buy tht
JeDi2155 (8:25:47 PM): lol
JeDi2155 (8:25:51 PM): rich bastards

T1nOl1c1oUS (8:26:01 PM): omg idiot
T1nOl1c1oUS (8:26:18 PM): if i have 1 million i wont get tht shjit

JeDi2155 (8:26:27 PM): lol
JeDi2155 (8:26:31 PM): why not?

T1nOl1c1oUS (8:26:39 PM): cause
T1nOl1c1oUS (8:26:50 PM): then u call me ricch bastard

• 1 month later...

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” – Michael Ellner

• 7 months later...

Musk also met Hans Koenigsmann, a German engineer who became the company’s fourth technical employee, at a rocketry club launch in the Mojave desert. “My German accent helps in presentations,” Koenigsmann says. “When I say, ‘This will work,’ it is more convincing than other accents for some reason.”

http://qz.com/281619/what-it-took-for-elon-musks-spacex-to-disrupt-boeing-leapfrog-nasa-and-become-a-serious-space-company/