Tactically Inept

official post anything

T1no

whenever I see a website use the term "soc" I still think its talking about state of charge, even when I know the context is smartphones or whatever.

lol... I do the same thing now when I see "ISP" and I for a fraction of a second my brain has substituted "Intrusion Prevention System" instead of the screen panel technology

EDIT: I'm leaving it. See Richard's reply below.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

source - http://www.engadget.com/2015/12/28/fact-found-pirates-details-on-facebook/

How can law enforcement agencies track down some of the world's most (in)famous pirates? The same way that we find out how our school frenemies are doing: stalking them on social media. TorrentFreak has investigated the recent convictions of three of the UK's biggest file-sharers to learn how exactly they were caught. It turns out that copyright enforcement officials are doing the same sort of armchair-sleuthing that we all do, only that they've got a hotline straight to the police.

For instance, 22-year-old Reece Baker was more commonly known by his online alias, Baker92. According to the report, his fatal mistake was to include a shout-out to his "baby momzie Ria" in an NFO (info) file. Officials at the UK's Federation Against Copyright Theft guessed that Baker92 was a surname/year of birth combination. They then searched Equifax's credit-rating database to find anyone born in 1992 with that surname and, potentially, a child with a woman named Ria.

Similarly, 24-year-old Sahil Rafiq posted torrents under a wide variety of usernames, including memory100, hail_alpha and sohail20. Unfortunately, the sohail20 identity was also used on the customer support website for an online retailer. Rafiq had posted a question concerning his laptop, but signed the piece "Kind Regards, Sahil Rafiq." With his real name, authorities took very little time in finding his Facebook profile and, from there, were able to alert the police.

Facebook was also the petard by which 40-year-old Graeme 'Reidy' Reid was hoisted, since he used the same anonymous e-mail account on his profile as he did his piracy. FACT bods simply searched for his Hushmail address and his Facebook page popped up -- where he'd obligingly listed his occupation as "encoder." We've not checked, but presumably bank robbers are going to start making similarly honest alternations to their social media pages in the near future.

As much as FACT would like you to think twice about sharing illegally-obtained material around the web, there's another moral here. After all, if enforcement officers were able to find these people with a few well-chosen Google searches, then perhaps the secret is to not be so forthcoming with your personal information.

http://i.imgur.com/iWKad22.jpg

HAPPY NEW YIR GAIS. 2015 was a decent year for me

new job (not that guwd but ehhh first world problem i have a job)

new car

new games

new adventures

new shittttttts

ups and downs; few problems here and there. but hoping a better 2016 for all of us.

Thanks.

So state college has been closed for so long now and I never knew why so I tried to find some news about it today and....

source - http://www.dailytitan.com/2014/11/construction-begins-on-state-college-boulevard-railway-undercrossing/

Construction has begun on an undercrossing that should alleviate traffic problems on State College Boulevard that will likely be complete by late 2017, according to the Orange County Transportation Authority.

The construction is taking place on State College Boulevard between Santa Fe and Kimberly Avenues in Fullerton. Upon completion, it will result in an undercrossing that will eventually see a 500-foot section of State College Boulevard lowered to dip beneath a railroad bridge that will also eventually be constructed.

....it looks like it's still going to be closed for a long time....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished house of cards season 4. This Friday Daredevil season 2 comes out. I have a big test i need to study for on the first Saturday of June. I have found the perfect image to describe how I feel.

netflix-percent-off-your-next-mid-term-t

In all seriousness I am stepping up my studies and I encourage all of you to hold me accountable.

• 2 weeks later...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_original_programs_distributed_by_Netflix

Someone brought up that Netflix has created 111 original programs since they first started in 2012. They're increasing the pace at which they are producing original content as well.

Some minor notes: They also brand a few shows at "netflix originals" even though Netflix only own the international streaming rights. So "Peaky Blinders" is actually just a bbc produced show that Netflix owns exclusive US broadcast rights.

• 3 weeks later...

The holding company that owns them is killing off this set of retail stores in the hopes they can salvage the other two they own.

The real issue I have is that this totally screws over people who used sports challet for scuba certification and also for snowboard/ski rentals. I have no idea who's going to try and come in and replace them, but my bet is that those are the two niche categories that would need replacing.