Tactically Inept

official post anything

T1no

Woke up at 1:30am and couldn't fall asleep again. Sorry for the late group text. Hope I didnt wake you up, Tino.

It is now 5am... I am waiting for it to be a more reasonable hour before heading in to work early. Today is going to be a long day...

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

article - https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ywp8k5/researcher-who-stopped-wannacry-ransomware-detained-in-us-after-def-con

Marcus Hutchins, AKA MalwareTech, previously registered a specific domain included in the ransomware’s code, which stopped the malware from spreading.

On Wednesday, US authorities detained a researcher who goes by the handle MalwareTech, best known for stopping the spread of the WannaCry ransomware virus.

Oh boy. Read the article. This is some prime material for some shady conspiracy stories.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've looked at this wikipedia page before, but it's obviously grown immensely over the last year and I expect it will continue to increase as Netflix spends $6B+ on original content. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_original_programs_distributed_by_Netflix

After skimming over that I noticed two major things that are interesting.  They have quite a bit of foreign content that I was unaware of, I've seen the trailer for "3%", but beyond that I didn't know they had that much foreign language content they've pumped out.  If you look at future original programming you also notice a rather large number of Anime projects.  I've seen jokes on large imageboards about Netflix buying up and "ruining" anime, but I didn't realize how many releases they had scheduled in the future.  Of course I just recently posted a trailer for Neo Yokio, and that looks like some of the worst garbage imaginable and I've personally seen my fair share of utter shit anime. 

I guess I should keep in mind that not everything Netflix produces will interest me (almost the entire comedy section) but I do believe they have a reasonable level of quality for their projects, so I'm curious if they maintain that or if they end up all over the place like most other traditional movie/tv studios. 

• 11 months later...

was debating posting this on serious but i'll just put this here. move it if spark some questions or discussion. 

i just came across this video that bbc (western media) reported at the time.

its about the Indonesian Riots. many died, many raped, many fleeing, stuff destroyed, looted, Fall of Suharto and market pretty much crashed.

me and my family still lived there at the time and i remember i skip school and stayed home because it was to dangerous to go anywhere. 

I was told by my parents few years after we moved here to the US that this is pretty much why we are here. we were granted asylum and to this day im very thankful that they did that.

Don't get me wrong, I still love Indonesia and its much more improved and stable; but politics are politics and racism against ethnic Chinese still an issues.

speaking of bali 

heres living expenses copy pasta from reddit

ACCOMMODATION: Depends on where you are going to live. Here is the average price I know

House rent: IDR 60.000.000 to 120.000.000 per year

Indekost: IDR 2.000.000 to IDR 5.000.000 per month

2 Bedroom Villa (in Canggu): IDR 200.000.000 - IDR 300.000.000 per year

MOTORCYCLE:

IDR 600.000 per month

UTILITIES:

Electricity: IDR 1.000.000 to IDR 2.000.000 per month

Mobile: IDR 150.000 per month

Internet & Cable TV: IDR 300.000 to IDR 500.000

FOOD:

Warung food: IDR 10.000 to 20.000 per meal

Denpasar Cafe: IDR 50.000 to 75.000 per person

Tourist Cafe: IDR 100.000 to IDR 200.000 per person

Tourist Restaurant & Beachclub: IDR 200.000 to unlimited 😂

Thats all i can think of right now. Shoot me with questions. I’m happy to answer :)

yes sometimes they ask one year in advance rent for longer term.

Rp 120 000 000 = ~8grand USD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

"Meatless 'Beyond Burgers' come to Carl's Jr. restaurants"
article - https://www.engadget.com/2019/01/02/beyond-meat-burgers-at-carls-jr/

The competition in lab-made veggie burgers is heating up. Beyond Meat has brought its burgers to more than 1,000 Carl's Jr. locations in the US, marking its Beyond's largest restaurant deal to date. Order a $6.29 Beyond Famous Star and you can eat a vegetarian (sorry vegans, there's American cheese) burg that tastes much like its conventional beef counterparts. You can also pay $2 to add a Beyond patty to other burgers on the menu.

It's a big move for Beyond, and plant-based meat substitutes as a whole. Until now, the most reliable way to snag a Beyond Burger in the US was to buy a pack at Whole Foods. Now, you can grab one on impulse when you're out on the town. It also gives Beyond's rival Impossible Foods some fiercer competition. You can already eat Impossible burgers of various sizes at White Castle, Hopdoddy, Umami Burger at other well-known (if frequently regional) chains -- this gives you more options in more places. While you probably won't go out of your way to eat at Carl's as a result, this could prove tempting if you're trying to cut meat out of your diet.

That's pretty cool. I've heard about Beyond Burgers a few times. I still want to try one someday.

• 1 month later...

Most interesting:
https://www.quora.com/Does-Russia-have-any-Red-Dawn-type-movies-showing-an-American-invasion

No, interestingly, neither USSR nor Russia has ever produced movies about military confrontation with US or invasion by US. This has never been a part of the propaganda in Russia, unlike spying. There have been many spy movies with good Soviet spies fighting bad American spies. But in terms of movies about military they have always been about coopearation between Russian and US army. There was only one notorious Russian movie in which Russian marines actually fought with American soldiers on a US nuclear base located on a deserted island in the Pacific. It was a movie filmed in 1985 and titled “Detached Mission” (Odinochnoye Plavanie). But even in that movie the US soldiers were led by a crazy rogue commander who decided to start a revolt against the US government and attack the Russian fleet to cause a nuclear war. Russian marines teamed up with good Americans to fight the bad Americans and (surprise-surprise) won. But the mere picture of Russians shooting men wearing US uniform (even the rogue ones) has caused some shock in Russia. But the public loved the movie and it turned out to be a real blockbuster. A few pics from the movie:

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-weirdest-thing-the-Soviet-Union-did

Soviet Coke Trade:

After first being introduced to the drink, Marshal of the Soviet Union Georgy Zhukov, who practically won WWII for the USSR, fell in love immediately with Coca-Cola, yet his country saw Coke as a prime example of capitalist evilness, so Zhukov had to be careful consuming the drink in public.

So in all Soviet enginuity, Zhukov, through several key American figures, got Coca-Cola to make him colorless Coke packaged in a bottle similar to the picture I showed, but with a white cap with a red star on top, and in return, smoothened Coke transport throughout occupied countries.

• 1 month later...

i think i found what caused my micro stuttering.

discord splash main page have this banner ads that is now animated. not sure what format im gonna guess some mpeg4 video or someshit. when i go to another tab that doesn't have garbage in them my stuttering is gone. this could be related to that 2nd monitor nvidia mess that i brought up few days ago.

• 3 weeks later...

"Speedgate: World’s First Sport Generated by AI"
1) https://news.developer.nvidia.com/speedgate-worlds-first-sport-generated-by-ai/
2) https://www.engadget.com/2019/04/15/ai-sport-speedgate/
3) https://playspeedgate.org

It's a bit of a gimmick but it actually doesn't sound too bad. It really does seem to mush a bunch of a different sports together while keeping the equipment requirements relatively low.

• 2 weeks later...

"Downtown Paid Parking Pilot Program Approved"

https://fullertonobserver.com/2019/04/22/downtown-paid-parking-pilot-program-approved/amp/

Parkers arriving at or after 9:00 PM in the paid lots will be subject to a $5 flat fee. Anyone parked prior to 9:00 PM will not be subject to the fee.

Patrons will park, enter their license plate number in a kiosk pay station located in the lot or structure in which they are parked, and pay the fee. Parkers will also have the option to pay by app. The city already has kiosks in the Soco structure, which will now be utilized for the first time.

For DTF.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

kuhla is complaining about his media backlog, so I'm going to complain about mine.  This is my current/upcoming show list I'm attempting to keep up to date on. 

Mandalorian
Mr. Robot
Watchmen

His Dark Materials
Rick and Morty
Psycho Pass
Vinland Saga
Critical Role Campaign 2
Undeadwood

The Crown - November 17

I'm glad we're in a golden age of televsion, but I'd prefer if this particular season was better spaced out.  I'm probably just going to start culling some of this until I have more time and then watch at my own pace. 

• 4 weeks later...

I personally used this guide when watching DS9
https://medium.com/maxistentialism-blog/star-trek-deep-space-nine-in-82-5-hours-10acde591fd2

He cuts most of the garbage episodes and the holodeck bullshit from the earlier seasons, but later seasons are so integrated with the dominion war that it's best to just watch nearly all of them. 

• 2 months later...