official post anything

[8:37 PM, 3/18/2020] Martino Harly: i hope youre dooing well dogtor
[12:09 AM, 3/19/2020] Martin Bazant: Yes it’s healthy times
[12:09 AM, 3/19/2020] Martin Bazant: Make sure to eat lots of garlic
[12:09 AM, 3/19/2020] Martin Bazant: Not only now but all the time
[12:09 AM, 3/19/2020] Martino Harly: i am
[12:10 AM, 3/19/2020] Martino Harly: i love garlic
[12:10 AM, 3/19/2020] Martin Bazant: Good
[12:10 AM, 3/19/2020] Martino Harly: my wiwe made garlic bread with real fresh chopped garlic

[12:10 AM, 3/19/2020] Martino Harly: are you seeing panties with corona
[12:10 AM, 3/19/2020] Martin Bazant: Only one
[12:10 AM, 3/19/2020] Martino Harly: i mean patiens lol
[12:11 AM, 3/19/2020] Martino Harly: are you wearing ppe ?
[12:11 AM, 3/19/2020] Martino Harly: pe pee ?
[12:11 AM, 3/19/2020] Martin Bazant: None
[12:11 AM, 3/19/2020] Martin Bazant: No peepee
[12:11 AM, 3/19/2020] Martino Harly: really ?
[12:11 AM, 3/19/2020] Martin Bazant: Just garlic and big balls
[12:11 AM, 3/19/2020] Martin Bazant: Yea, only old people need to worry
[12:11 AM, 3/19/2020] Martin Bazant: And stay in house

5 hours ago, Jedi2155 said:

As if 2020 couldn't get any worse for the world, we have a locust problem....

https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/explained-why-we-have-a-desert-locust-problem-this-year-6431837/

It's the end of the world as we know it

"Uber sends thousands of Jump e-bikes to the recycling heap"

https://www.engadget.com/uber-scraps-thousands-of-jump-bikes-193541447.html

Stuff like this just makes me both angry at the company and at society. Why is there no way to deal with the liability terror? Why does there have to be so much waste? These were not only perfectly good bikes but Ebikes.

On 5/29/2020 at 9:00 AM, kuhla said:

It's the end of the world as we know it

"Uber sends thousands of Jump e-bikes to the recycling heap"

https://www.engadget.com/uber-scraps-thousands-of-jump-bikes-193541447.html

Stuff like this just makes me both angry at the company and at society. Why is there no way to deal with the liability terror? Why does there have to be so much waste? These were not only perfectly good bikes but Ebikes.

That's nothing compared to China's bike issue:

https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2018/08/china-abandoned-bike-share-graveyards/566576/

This is probably more appropriate for a serious discussion thread but....

https://old.reddit.com/r/JusticeServed/comments/ilyl86/guy_goes_up_to_stranger_and_slaps_him_in_the_face/?sort=confidence

....I unironically find the comments in this thread about this video sort of interesting.

If some stranger walked up to you and mashed a piece of pizza into your face then are they a complete piece of trash asshole? 100%. Did they get you dirty? 100%. Did they possibly ruin your plans? 100%.

However look at all the people commenting that the response, a carefully considered, full power, knockout punch, was completely justified.

Maybe I have read too many news reports of people being killed because of just one bad punch or too many science articles about how one bad concussion can cause permanent brain injury but full power strikes, to me, are only justifiable in a life or death situation. What was shown in this video was wildly disproportionate and yet many people are approving it which seems strange right now with so many other discussions going on about what is "reasonable" use of force.

It's the mob.

Is it the deliberation that makes it unacceptable?  If the person who was slapped/assaulted immediately fired back with a punch would that make it more defensible?  What if instead it was an open palm slap?
It seems to me like you're advocating for people to let bullies get away with assault rather than someone standing up for themselves. 

I look at it more as a combination of people being emotional and the repeated taunts following the slap.  If a random person physically assaults you, they should expect that turnabout is fair play.  Even if the aggressor had thrown sauce or poured a drink on this person instead (arguably much less physically damaging than a slap) I would still expect turn about to be fair play, and probably even expect an escalation to a more physical response like hitting.  The taunting afterwards is just asking for it, it's arguably inciting violence at that point. 

I feel more empathy for the individual that was slapped in the face (for seemingly no reason) and then taunted, then I do for the original assailant. 

2 hours ago, Malaphax said:

Is it the deliberation that makes it unacceptable?  If the person who was slapped/assaulted immediately fired back with a punch would that make it more defensible?  What if instead it was an open palm slap?
It seems to me like you're advocating for people to let bullies get away with assault rather than someone standing up for themselves. 

I look at it more as a combination of people being emotional and the repeated taunts following the slap.  If a random person physically assaults you, they should expect that turnabout is fair play.  Even if the aggressor had thrown sauce or poured a drink on this person instead (arguably much less physically damaging than a slap) I would still expect turn about to be fair play, and probably even expect an escalation to a more physical response like hitting.  The taunting afterwards is just asking for it, it's arguably inciting violence at that point. 

I feel more empathy for the individual that was slapped in the face (for seemingly no reason) and then taunted, then I do for the original assailant. 

A knee-jerk reaction could have been understandable and forgivable but that is not what happened here.

If this was a situation where there was risk to life or injury then absolutely throw all the options for a response on the table, even disproportionate, even unfair however this was a slap with a piece of pizza followed by (maybe also preceded by) some ugly words. If there was a need for any response at all it should be proportional. That video was an example of calculated violence, that could have ended in loss of life or serious injury, in defense of what? His honor? His clothes? His reputation?

If a bully taunts someone, would it be considered reasonable for the victim to break the bully's leg? Is that how he stands up for himself?

Escalation, turnabout, fair play these are all terms with degrees and levels that require two parties. The highest level is reserved for life and injury and if one side is going to go that far, there better be an objectively good reason for it.

if he did that to me.

i would push him and get even with him with that pizza and just have a big food fight.

but what most likely happen i would curse his ass, clean up myself and leave.

the punching is too much imo bodily injury/assault.

i couldn't tell if anything happen before that video tho.