Sign in to follow this  
Jedi2155

Chevy Volt

my rules

dont be the slowest

dont cock block me

dont ride my ass ( cause i will drive even slower just to make you angry LOL JK )

if you can pass people to the left lanes dont pass on the right

dont make me slow down while you merge my lane, match my speed/faster or gtfo

DONT USE WIPER WASHER EVER ON THE FREEWAY BECAUSE I WILL GO IN FRONT OF YOU AND SQUIRT MINE UNTIL MY RESERVOIR IS EMPTY

DONT USE WIPER WASHER EVER ON THE FREEWAY BECAUSE I WILL GO IN FRONT OF YOU AND SQUIRT MINE UNTIL MY RESERVOIR IS EMPTY

LOLOL!!!!!!

I use it all the time :).

I've had someone do that to me when I was driving home from Troy one day, he was driving about 15mph under the limit and he revved up and then sprayed me. I followed him to a light and started unbuckling my seatbelt to go fuck him up, and low and behold that idiot broke about 4 different laws as soon as he saw me start to open my door. Well he got away and probably had to go home and change his pants. Needless to say if you ever do that to me I swear to god I will fuck you up.

I've had someone do that to me when I was driving home from Troy one day, he was driving about 15mph under the limit and he revved up and then sprayed me. I followed him to a light and started unbuckling my seatbelt to go fuck him up, and low and behold that idiot broke about 4 different laws as soon as he saw me start to open my door. Well he got away and probably had to go home and change his pants. Needless to say if you ever do that to me I swear to god I will fuck you up, go to jail, have my license suspended and then take court ordered anger management classes throwing away 6 months of my life and probably getting a felony record.

Fixed.

saw it this morning but since richard msg me

soo heres the article

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/16/officia...011-chevy-volt/

after looking the better pictures without people standing blocking.

looks pretty good and more exiting than any other hybrid cars that we have on the market, but im still annoyed that it has similar shape like the prius and insight (but we've discuss that)

wide stance, has the Chevy front face just like the Malibu.

interior looking pretty Japanese, nice seats, plastic material, and a 4 seater O_o, 16"/17" wheels ?

we'll see how many of this fancy design make it out to the final production car.

price ?

you look @ that pictures and you look @ this

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/PopUp...ideoID=20110102

see where the front axel and the back axel is @ LOL

i bet that shit is 200000x better to drive vs the final production.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Look at the hood, it has like a fake scoop/indent, that's more drag also the wheels/lights are what make that car anything other than average. The lines on it are basically a camery having a baby with a prius. Also notice how low this car is, the wheels look too big for an electric/hybrid car to reach more efficiency.

That being said it looks much better than the concept imo. It's not radical enough to warrant an enthusiast giving it a second look, but it's different enough to be noticed on roads.

I was never under the impression that the gas engine charged the battery when it switches over. I would hope that the already weak gas engine is putting all it's efforts towards moving the vehicle (via the electrical drive system) when it is engaged.

....by "sustaining" GM says that it means only that no additional power is drained from the batteries. Get it?

Yea, I damn well hope so. If the gas motor is producing enough power to keep the electric motor generating 150 HP + 273 lb-ft of torque while simultaneously also charging the battery the MPG savings this car has is going to go down the drain fast after the 40 mile battery limit.

Just for fyi, the rumor is they are going to use the 1.4-liter 4-cylinder engine from the GM Family 0 series in Europe which does """1.4 L Straight-4 (1364 cc): 73.4 mm (2.89 in) bore, 80.6 mm stroke, 10.5:1 compression, 90 hp (66 kW) @ 5600 rpm, 125 Nm @ 4000 rpm.""" source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Family_0_engine

So yea, 90HP is being converted to battery charging to keep the battery from going past 35% (I think the number was off the top of my head) which the electric engine is pulling from to move the wheels.

Yeah it was really confusing and stupid....because the guy who wrote knows almost nothing about hybrids.

Anyways, we got some super capacitor powered hybrids yesterday which gives them some MASSIVE increase in acceleration.....I can't wait to do acceleration on these suckers....SO FUN TO DRIVE THESE!

FYI capacitors can handle millions of charge/discharge cycles versus a standard lithium battery which is typically 300-500 discharge cycles and the lithium iron phosphate battery in the volt supposedly can handle 2-7000 charge discharge cycles (depending on a variety of factors) & the lithium batteries in the Tesla is in the 500 charge/discharge cycle range....

It seems the crash tests are decent and the battery packs didn't burst into flames or anything of the sort.

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2009/03/gm...-pack.html#more

I also found it interesting they're using a rectangular style (term correct?) form factor for the individual cells rather prismatic or cylindrical one as in most vehicles.

http://gm-volt.com/2009/08/14/test-ride-ch...totype-w-video/

Test Drive with Journalist

First of all the car was sharp and sleek, and the interior was dazzling. The LCD displays were bright and high definition. There was plenty of room on the passenger side, and Frank Weber at about 6′4″ seemed to fit into the driver side without difficulty. The two journalists in the back were comfortable as well. As Sam put it ?The Volt is considered a compact, but in spite of the sloping roof-line, it still felt surprisingly roomy. Both leg and headroom were more than adequate for this journ?s long-torsoed 5′10″ frame.?

Acceleration was startling. The car took off like a rocket even with all four of us in it.

Amazing as well was the absolute silence. Clearly the final design and soundproofing has had remarkable results compared to the mules. This was simply the quietest electric car I?ve ever been in.

It was smooth and nimble and did not feel weighted down.

It took quick turns with certainty.

Frank even said there was a bit of a delay programmed into the instant torque so that the final production cars would be even quicker, and would have better ride and handling. Hard to believe.

All I can say is no one will be disappointed with this car, destined to become, if it hasn?t already, the next American icon.

i hope the chassis and the suspension work; cope with the body shells and the torque, otherwise wont be fun to drive.