kuhla

Cool Mil Pics

nothing funny or too crazy today. just cool looking pics imho.

source - http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showt...ead.php?t=80307

Posted Image

high res - http://www.defenselink.mil/photos/May2006/...M-9529D-016.jpg

U.S. Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Jeff Ortiz kneels behind cover during a mission to search for weapons caches in Ar Ramadi, Iraq, on April 20, 2006. Ortiz is assigned to 1st Platoon, India Company, attached to Kilo Company, 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment. DoD photo by Lance Cpl. William L. Dubose III, U.S. Marine Corps.

Posted Image

high res - http://www.defenselink.mil/photos/May2006/...-011_screen.jpg

U.S. Marine Corps Cpl. Joseph Digloramo (right) provides overhead security while seeking cover from indirect small-arms fire during an operation to prevent and disrupt insurgency activity in Ar Ramadi, Iraq, on April 25, 2006. Digloramo is assigned as a combat correspondent with India Company, 3rd Battalion, 8th Marines. DoD photo by Lance Cpl. William L. Dubose III, U.S. Marine Corps.

Posted Image

U.S. Army Capt. Douglas Laxson, commander of Apache Troop, 1st Squadron, 33rd Cavalry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division, talks with adults about young children throwing bricks at soldiers on patrol, April 30, 2006. U.S. soldiers began patrols again in two towns near Sadr City, Iraq, to re-establish security. U.S. Army photo by Staff Sgt. Russell Lee Klika

Posted Image

wowa i really really like the color contrast in that picture... unrealistic? yes... cool imho? oh yea...

U.S. Army Cpl. Jared Jenkins and 1st. Sgt.Arthur Abiera search a home during a routine presence patrol on the outskirts of Sadr City, Iraq, April 30, 2006. The soldiers are assigned to Apache Troop, 1st Squadron, 33rd Cavalry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division. U.S. Army photo by Staff Sgt. Russell Lee Klika

source - http://militaryphotos.net/forums/showthrea...ead.php?t=80425

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i really like how the L85 with the AG36 underneath, OICW-ish, yet smaller

British soldiers hold their weapons as they rush to the scene of the British helicopter crash site in Basra, 550 Km, (341miles) south of Baghdad May 6, 2006. A British military helicopter was shot down by a rocket in the southern Iraqi city of Basra on Saturday, Iraqi police said, and firefighters said they had found four charred bodies in the wreckage. The helicopter burst into flames on impact and a thick cloud of black smoke billowed into the air. Hundreds of youths quickly surrounded the area, yelling and pelting British troops cordoning off the crash site with rocks. REUTERS/Wisam Ahmad

Posted Image

Demonstrators flash victory signs during the 'Global Marijuana March' in Kiev May 6, 2006. Police separated the rival right-wing from the skinhead protesters denouncing any moves towards legalisation. REUTERS/Gleb Garanich

Posted Image

Right-wing protesters shout slogans against the legalisation of marijuana at a rally in Kiev May 6, 2006. Police separated demonstrators from rival protesters at a 'Global Marijuana March' calling for the legalisation of the drug. REUTERS/Ivan Chernichkin

Jesus, both of those pics fit the sterotype associations with both left and right parties

lol....so true....

source - http://militaryphotos.net/forums/showthrea...ead.php?t=80494

Posted Image

lol... just lol.....

President Bush holds 7-month-old Lane Garrett Christenson before departing Vance Air Force Base, Saturday, May 6, 2006, in Enid, Okla. Bush spoke earlier in the morning during a commencement ceremony at Oklahoma State University. (AP Photo/ Haraz N. Ghanbari)

57545482.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=E3A33B5

the hell....wait...hold on a second...lemme see if i get this straight...

Pakistani seminary students set fire to a German flag during a demonstration in Multan, 06 May 2006, to protest on the killing of Amir Cheema, 28, in German police custody. Cheema, a Pakistani student who allegedly tried to attack a German newspaper editor for printing cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed has hanged himself in jail, a Pakistani diplomat said. The 28 year old, was found dead 03 May, in Moabit Prison in Berlin where he had been held for six weeks awaiting a court appearance. AFP PHOTO/Mohammad MALIK (Photo credit should read MOHAMMAD MALIK/AFP/Getty Images)

source - http://militaryphotos.net/forums/showthrea...ead.php?t=80887

Posted Image

at least they got the colors right this time :lol:

Pakistani Islamic religious students stand on the German flag, which is laid on the main entrance of the mosque to protest against Germany on the death of a Pakistani student in Berlin jail, Friday, May 12, 2006 in Islamabad, Pakistan. Pakistani student Amer Cheema, 28, who was arrested for allegedly trying to hurt a German newspaper editor for publishing Prophet Muhammad cartoons has died in custody in Berlin. (AP Photo/Anjum Naveed)

Posted Image

cue the possible caption music...

(1) cuz everybody was kung fu fightin .... du nu nu.... as fast as lightin

(2) Rocky theme song

(3) Mission Impossible theme song ...... ahaahahahha

Iraqi police recruits show their skills during a graduation ceremony in Najaf, 160 kilometers (100 miles) south of Baghdad, Thursday, May 11, 2006. As part of a new security campaign, officials plan to restructure police forces in the capital under the newly formed National Police force. Currently, Baghdad is filled with tens of thousands of police officers, soldiers and paramilitary troops whose identities and allegiances often are not known. (AP Photo/Alaa Al-Marjani)

Posted Image

57587207.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=E3A33B5

yea...and if I could get into E3 you would see in one of those pics in line wanting to hold teh fifty cal!! (ben? pls do the honors)

A visitor © poses with US Army special forces soldiers at the 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) at the Los Angeles Convention Center, 11 May 2006. The soldiers were there to promote the Army's official video game called "America's Army, Special Forces" with the subtitle "Empower Yourself, Defend Freedom." AFP PHOTO / Robyn BECK (Photo credit should read ROBYN BECK/AFP/Getty Images)

There haven't been many really good mil pics lately...

source - http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showt...ead.php?t=82572

Posted Image

LOL! They are using the same headset I have, but don't use anymore. I think they are wearing it backwards....

Military members from Thailand and the U.S Army work togetheron Tuesday, May 23, 2006 at the Thai Armed Forces Preparatory School Command Post Exercise (CPX) in Nakhon Nayok, Thailand, during Cobra Gold 2006. Cobra Gold is an exercise designed to ensure regional peace through the U.S. Pacific Command's strategy of cooperative engagement, and strengthens the ability of the Royal Thai Armed Forces to defend Thailand. (AP Photo/SSgt. Efren Lopez/U.S. Air Force)

Posted Image

Don't ask me why or how but this picture seems really funny to me...... its like he is about to say : "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it looks like it is going to rain......"

Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld address the cadets of the Class of 2006 at the graduation ceremony at the U.S. Air Force Academy. Wednesday, May 31, 2006, at Air Force Academy, Colo. (AP Photo/David Zalubowski)

high res warning on next 3

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/pho...F-5040D-016.jpg

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/pho...F-5040D-035.jpg

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/pho...F-5040D-220.jpg

awesome.

A B-2 Spirit soars after a refueling mission over the Pacific Ocean on Tuesday, May 30, 2006. The B-2, from the 509th Bomb Wing at Whiteman Air Force Base, Mo., is part of a continuous bomber presence in the Asia-Pacific region. (U.S. Air Force photo/Staff Sgt. Bennie J. Davis III)

image_popup.jpg?yw_repository=youatweb

MILITARIES OF THE WORLD TREMBLE BEFORE THE MPG-SAVING GERMAN MILITARY'S SMARTCAR AND BUG........ lol

rough translation: Air force soldiers from <insert name> barracks parade through a town.

Die Luftwaffensoldaten aus der Erndtebr?cker Hachenberg-Kaserne pr?sentierten sich auch beim gro?en Festumzug der Gemeinde (Quelle: Luftwaffe)

image_popup.jpg?yw_repository=youatweb

This is another picture of the same parade of German Air Force personell but I don't quite understand it when I try to translate it so I am very curious as to what is going on....it does mention goosebumps though....

Gro?er Zapfenstreich als Dankesch?n an die Gemeinde Erndtebr?ck: G?nsehautatmosph?re f?hlten viele der tausenden von Zuschauer (Quelle Luftwaffe)

show_jpg.pl?sz=1&key=1345061

high res -> http://jccc.afis.osd.mil/images/hres.pl?Lb...45061&dir=Photo

ACU man... its growing on me in all the geardo pics I see it in....

A U.S. Army Soldier from Bravo Company, 1st Battalion, 17th Infantry Regiment, 172nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team secures a street corner during a patrol in Mosul, Iraq, May 29, 2006. DoD photo by Tech. Sgt. Jeremy T. Lock, U.S. Air Force.

I'm falling in love with ACU as well.....its one of those things where you learn to love it!

Although that last pic is very blurry .....the gun is still friggin sweet.

Lotsa cool little tidbits from yesterday's daily pic thread...

2006-06-03T121154Z_01_BUC06D_RTRIDSP_2_R

hehe....funny signs....

Romanians hold anti-homosexuality signs during a protest against a scheduled gay parade through the capital, in Bucharest June 3, 2006. The placards read "Against homosexuality - for normality."

71106486.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=08A8BA3

other than the 3 million G3s and 1 Uzi .... how the hell did one of them get a winchester lever action and gdammit I would have taken off their hands myself for free and resold that piece of history!!

A man runs away from a stack of firearms 01 June 2006after setting fire to them in the town of Jinja, some 70 kms east of the capital Kampala, as part of a joint initiative between A Safer Africa, an organization that destroys decomissioned weapons, and the Ugandan Army. More than 60,000 rifles, handguns, grenade launchers and mortars have been collected across Uganda, with many recovered from rebels in the north of the country and from the Karamoja region where semi-automatic weapons are easily available. The weapons are first burnt to eradicate their wooden components with the remaining metal then melted and recycled to be used again. AFP PHOTO / STUART PRICE (Photo credit should read STUART PRICE/AFP/Getty Images)

42-16872857.jpg?size=67&uid={31225478-1f

cool guns....ghetto ride....oh well....

May 30, 2006 Australian peacekeeping troops jump off a mini truck as they deploy to secure an area near the Airport. East Timor's government was expected to continue its crisis talk for a second day on Tuesday as new fighting and looting erupted in the tiny nation's capital Dili, leaving homes and buildings in flames.

42-16877507.jpg?size=67&uid={abdfc921-ca

SPR wannabes? looks like and AR10.

Australian soldiers bring visibly distressed women and children out of a suburb of Dili. Fighting broke out between locals and the burning down of houses as tensions run high in the capital after weeks of fighting between rebel army and police and and their colleagues who remain supportive of the East Timorese government. Hundreds of soldiers from Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and Portugal have arrived to help provide security for the country and end the violence.

71115048.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=08A8BA3

omgawd she is like floating!!!..................................jk

Policemen carry away a countermarcher taking part in a sit-in during a demonstraton 03 June 2006 in Duesseldorf, western Germany. Around 200 demonstrators were detained after clashes with police during the protest against the far right, police said. A police spokesman said demonstrators had thrown stones and bottles at some of the 1,000 officers who had been deployed at the anti-Nazi demonstration to avoid clashes between far-right and far-left elements. AFP PHOTO DDP/JUERGEN SCHWARZ GERMANY OUT (Photo credit should read JUERGEN SCHWARZ/AFP/Getty Images)

30416561.jpg

30416563.jpg

LOL!!! So where can I get a test drive??

A "student driver" sign has been mounted on the front of a Stryker, the Army's newest troop-carrying vehicle, at the Pennsylvania National Guard Training Center at Fort Indiantown Gap, Pa., Thursday, June 1, 2006. Some compare the Stryker to a Humvee on steroids. It's so much quieter than a traditional tank, Iraqis call the soldiers on them ghostriders. The Pennsylvania National Guard is the nation's only Guard unit to receive them, and it plans a public viewing on June 10. (AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster)

30419707.jpg

See! See! ACU can work...............as long as everyone is wearing it and marching in formation .....

Aside from his sneakers and lack of height, Michael Mabanag Jr., 6, walks with his dad, Army Sgt. 1st Class Michael Mabanag Sr.'s unit marching away from the deployment ceremony for the 3rd Stryker Brigade Combat Team at Fort Lewis, Wash., Friday, June 2, 2006. (AP Photo/The News Tribune, Drew Perine)

30418284.jpg

Interesting side point, one commentor mentioned that : "The one standing behind the President is a Corazziere (courassier) and they have to be m 1,93 tall minimum, if I remember well."

Italian San Marco Regiment Marines march on Via dei Fori Imperiali avenue during the Republic Day military parade to mark 60 years of the foundation of the Italian Republic, Friday June 2, 2006. In background, a giant Italian flag drapes Rome's ancient Colosseum. During the military parade, members of Italian Lower Chamber President Fausto Bertinotti's PRC Communist Refoundation Party held a counter parade peace rally, with a march from nearby Ponte Sant'Angelo Bridge to Largo Argentina cirlcle.(AP Photo/Pier Paolo Cito)

30420926.jpg

"he is looking at me.... no matter where I move his eyes follow me.....maybe if I turn my back to him...."

Paramilitary police officers march through Beijing's Tiananmen Square, on the eve of the anniversary of the bloody crackdown on democracy protesters Saturday June 3, 2006. Sunday marks the 17th anniversary of the military attack which ended weeks of pro-democracy protests which had centered on Tiananmen Square. Hundreds, possibly thousands, were killed as the Chinese army shot its way through city streets to take the square on June 4, 1989. (AP Photo/Greg Baker)

30426302.jpg

the term driveby once again takes on new levels.....

Australian soldiers train their weapons on a group of people as rival gangs continued to battle each other in the streets of Dili in East Timor, Sunday, June 4, 2006. (AP Photo/Mark Baker)

And that is a SPR

close but not exactly....

Posted Image

Yeah you're right, it looks like a 7.62mm variant. I was thinking with the rails and what not, it would just be a SPR but the magazine and the lack of a forward assist is what makes it not a SPR.

lotsa cool pics today....

show_jpg.pl?sz=1&key=1345232

another ACU pic with loads geardo all over teh place

U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Bruce Martin and Sgt. Brian Dobrenen, both with the 10th Mountain Division, return to their humvee after speaking with locals during a patrol through Ghazni, Afghanistan, May 21, 2006. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Christopher S. Barnhart)

963f3113-5200-4402-bcce-fb41a75b684c-big

were goin down down to the reallyrrraaa and suger were goin down swingin.....

41d9da76-ed3a-4351-bee4-8416daeb67e3-big

....and their eyes met.....

Thousands of Shiite supporters of radical Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, pictured on poster at right, demonstrate in the Shula district of Baghdad, Iraq Monday, June 5, 2006 in protest against an alleged raid by U.S. forces on one of al-Sadr's offices in Baghdad, and demanding the release of al-Sadr followers. (AP Photo/Hadi Mizban)

30433015.jpg

30433017.jpg

wowa!! that camo looks cool imho!! I don't know how well it works with all that black but yea!!

Forty-five soldiers from the Czech 72th mechanised battalion, including two women, board a plane before departure for a half-year EUFOR peace-keeping mission in Bosnia-Herzegovina from Prerov's airport in Bochor, North Moravia, on Monday, June 5, 2006. Czech soldier are assigned to protect the military base in Tuzla, the multinational forces staff headquarters, as part of the EU operation Althea. This is the first foreign mission for all the 45 soldiers. (AP Photo/CTK, Vladislav Galgonek)

30424656.jpg

there is no sxual innuendo in this picture, there is no sxual innuendo in this picture ........... lolol

Lance Cpl. Michael McKethan, of Tulsa, Okla., shows his girlfriend Charleen Spinosa, from Arkansas, a Tow Gun atop a military Hummer during an orientation day for families of Broken Arrow U.S. Marines being deployed to Iraq, in Broken Arrow., Okla., Saturday, June 3, 2006. (AP Photo/Tulsa World, James Gibbard)

30432064.jpg

nice rifle.... ;)

71118642.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=08A8BA3

you too .... ;)

Portuguese troops arrive as peacekeeping forces in Dili, 04 June 2006. Gangs battled in East Timor again as Australia warned against letting the tiny country fall apart, with days of unrest defying more than 2,000 foreign troops sent in to restore order. AFP PHOTO/Bay ISMOYO (Photo credit should read BAY ISMOYO/AFP/Getty Images)

They called the TOW launcher a GUN!!!  N00bies!

i was thinking more along the lines of this is my rifle and this is my gun look at the picture at have some fun

source - http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showt...ead.php?t=83349

30479952.jpg

read caption...... W T F ?!?!?!?

A visitor takes picture of a M-249 rifle made by the U.S. AAI corporation at the Eurosatory 2006, a defense industry trade show in Villepinte, north of Paris. (AP Photo/Jacques Brinon)

zugriff_420.jpg?yw_repository=youatweb

see? I could have gone with black....but OD looks more KSK than the MPs above :P

Der Zugriffstrupp der Feldj?ger beim Erst?rmen des Ojektes (Quelle: Oberstabsfeldwebel Hans Didi)

high res warning -> http://www.defenselink.mil/photos/Jun2006/...A-5747J-028.jpg

yea...M240....big gunz....

U.S. Army soldiers with the 1st Battalion, 187th Infantry Regiment run to board a CH-47D Chinook helicopter after completing a mission near Bayi, Iraq, on June 6, 2006. DoD photo by Staff Sgt. Alfred Johnson, U.S. Army. (Released)

show_jpg.pl?sz=1&key=1351982

just looks cool

U.S. Army Spc. Lance Rollason scans open ground while performing perimeter security during a night of counterinsurgency raids in the town of Husiniyah, Iraq, June 11, 2006. Rollason is with Easy Company, 1st Battalion, 66th Armor Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division

source - http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showt...ead.php?t=83349

30479952.jpg

read caption...... W T F ?!?!?!?

A visitor takes picture of a M-249 rifle made by the U.S. AAI corporation at the Eurosatory 2006, a defense industry trade show in Villepinte, north of Paris. (AP Photo/Jacques Brinon)

new info on this, its NOT an M249 (go figure...) its a mockup of a design in the prototype phases with caseless ammo and all that jazz -> http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2005smallarms/wed...day/spiegel.pdf

woo hooo.... the big problem i forsee with caseless ammo, is the increased amount of residue it will leave in the gun, ergo you'll be in the middle of spraying at some badguy and UH OH gun jam, let's break out the cleaning kit...

Or do you guys think i'm full of crap...

woo hooo.... the big problem i forsee with caseless ammo, is the increased amount of residue it will leave in the gun, ergo you'll be in the middle of spraying at some badguy and UH OH gun jam, let's break out the cleaning kit...

Or do you guys think i'm full of crap...

I'm definitely no expert on this stuff or even have a decent grasp of the tech, but I do not think it will jam as easily as modern weapons. The reasons for this would have to be discussed in vent. as I do not want to explain it all here.

long time no post... i haven't been on militaryphotos in a while so anyways here are a few highlights from todays pics...

source - http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showt...ead.php?t=84595

71302321.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=08A8BA3

i don't know about you but when i first looked at this pic i had a hard time focusing my eyes on their camo..... effective urban camo? maybe....

Manila, PHILIPPINES: A team of armed elite Presidential guards march in formation as they enter the Malacanang presidential palace in Manila, 27 June 2006. Police have raised their alert as Philippine President Gloria Arroyo is on a three-country visits to Vatican, Italy and Spain. In February, Arroyo declared a week-long state of emergency to quash a coup plot by communist rebels in alliance with military renegades. AFP PHOTO ROMEO GACAD (Photo credit should read ROMEO GACAD/AFP/Getty Images)

r605739670.jpg?x=380&y=246&sig=S1f7RjFu0

is that queen size or king size?.......tank size....

An Israeli soldier sleeps on a tank stationed near Kibbutz Mefalsim, just outside the northern Gaza Strip, June 27, 2006. REUTERS/Eliana Aponte (ISRAEL)

capt.9a8237c7f5914c1da118eaa3dfa8195a.ap

i just thought it was cool because it is the style of picture that makes it into a museum or the like

U.S. Marine Lt. John Warren of Greenville, S.C., sits next to an Iraqi boy in a house in Ramadi, 115 kilometers (70 miles) west of Baghdad, Iraq, Monday, June 26, 2006. U.S. troops have begun setting up new outposts and pushing patrols deeper into parts of this insurgent stronghold that previously went largely unpatrolled. (AP Photo/Jacob Silberberg)

71302531.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9

they just DOZED off ahahahahaha.........im funny

MEFALSIM, ISRAEL - JUNE 27: (ISRAEL OUT) Israeli soldiers sleep at a staging area outside the Gaza Strip on June 27, 2006 in Mefalsim, Israel. Israel's Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has announced that he is prepared for a large scale military operation in retaliation for the kidnap of an Israeli soldier by Palestinian militants. (Photo by Uriel Sinai/Getty Images)

71302548.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=08A8BA3

71302544.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=08A8BA3

its like friggan plate armor...

Paris, FRANCE: French gendarmes stand guard in front of a building in Paris, 27 June 2006, after a search in connection with an Albanian home-jacking gang. AFP PHOTO THOMAS COEX (Photo credit should read THOMAS COEX/AFP/Getty Images)

71305101.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=08A8BA3

another picture making the L85 look cool

Lashkar Gah, AFGHANISTAN: (FILE) -File picture taken 1 May 2006 - British soldiers from 16 Air Assult Brigade practice their "actions on contact with the enemy" drill using their Snatch Land Rover vehicles at the Provincial Reconstruction Team (PRT) base at Lashkar Gah in Helmand, 1 May 2006. Two British soldiers were killed in Helmand province during a night patrol, 26 June 2006, when the Snatch vehicle they were travelling in was hit by a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG), just a day after the Defence Secretary Des Browne announced the use of the vehicles, criticised for being a "soft target", was to be reviewed. AFP PHOTO / JOHN D MCHUGH (Photo credit should read JOHN D MCHUGH/AFP/Getty Images)

web_060625-N-9486C-001.jpg

japan's new low-tech IFF system..... it doesn't look g@y at all...

Pearl Harbor (June 25, 2006) - Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force submarine Kuroshio enters Naval Station Pearl Harbor. Commander, Submarine Squadron One is hosting the submarine during their stay as part of RIMPAC 2006. U.S. Navy photo by Journalist 1st Class Cynthia Clark (RLEASED)

Post-Date 6.27.2006

Admin's Log

Post # 1701 :-D

LoL, the urban camo is like a poor nation's digital.....