Tactically Inept

Honda confirms production of CR-Z

kuhla

YES! THANK YOU! Don't butcher up the concept CRZ Honda! DO IT. I've been waiting to hear more info on this car since the concept was announced 2 years ago. Hoping for the best.

source - http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/13/honda-c...hybrid-in-2010/

Honda has confirmed what's been suspected for some time: the Honda CR-Z is coming next year and the Fit Hybrid will be released in late 2010.

The brief press release (below the fold) touts the two hybrids as the latest expansion of the automaker's Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) system, along with its focus on highly efficient, lightweight and compact conveyances.

The CR-Z, a sporty hybrid inspired by the CRX and unveiled at the Tokyo Motor Show in 2007, will go on sale in Japan this February, with the Fit Hybrid hitting shores across the Pacific later next year. Honda hasn't explicitly announced whether the two models will be available in the States, but we'd expect a formal announcement when the production CR-Z and Fit Hybrid debut at the Tokyo Motor Show this October.

more info on cr-z concept - http://www.autoblog.com/tag/cr-z/

For those that don't know the original CRX was 3 things: small, light and efficient. It weighed under 2300lb, got over 30mpg on the street and a stock '91 VTEC model could do 0-60 in 7.5 seconds.

Honda's concept of light/simple/cheap hybrid setup but not passing the savings onto the consumer is fail IMO.

That's all.

they will pass it when the time is right so they can milk more money LOL

thats how you win in bussiness

• 2 months later...

The front didn't change much the concept design....

Posted ImagePosted Image

....but the back, I don't like what they did to the back....

Posted ImagePosted Image

....I still kinda like it though. Regardless though I'm still waiting for some real data like curb weight, horsepower, etc. until I make my judgments. I'm very afraid it will end up very heavy (for it's size) because of the batteries and additional drive system.

I think they could get it to 2200-2500 curb weight personally. Honda's hybrid system has always been on the weak/low power side thus also resulting in a smaller battery (50-100 lbs).

I think that back side is a result of either cost cutting (using the Insight parts) or aerodynamic reasons to maintain high MPG.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think they could get it to 2200-2500 curb weight personally. Honda's hybrid system has always been on the weak/low power side thus also resulting in a smaller battery (50-100 lbs).

Your predictions were correct and I must admit I didn't think they would be able to do it. Respect to honda.

source - http://www.insideline.com/honda/cr-z/2011/...-auto-show.html

....with roughly 2,670 pounds to pull around.

Seriously.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

source - http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/22/2011-ho...ting-at-19-200/

We've driven the 2011 CR-Z and now Honda's slapped a sticker on its hybrid hatch before sales begin August 24.

The CR-Z is available in three trim levels, with the base price of the six-speed manual-equipped model coming in at $19,200 (plus a D&D charge of $750). Option up for the EX and a 360-watt stereo, Bluetooth integration and a leather wrapped wheel are yours for the taking for $20,760. Tack on the navigation system ("Navi" in Honda parlance) and the price swells to $22,560.

If you absolutely must – and we'd seriously advise against it – you can equip the CR-Z with the CVT for $650, complete with seven faux ratios and a slight boost in fuel economy. Make the jump for the details and a complete pricing breakdown.

Despite the price still strong blehhhhhhhhhhh.

• 1 year later...

I've been seeing a lot of these lately. I still think they look good from the front, ok from the back but I can't help but always think it was such a lost opportunity. If the car was better I think I would like it (provided I fit inside).

Needs more MPG and more power which I think is possible if Honda wasn't run by idiots.