Tactically Inept

MechWarrior: Living Legends

kuhla

It's incredibly fun when it's working. However i'm not sure if it's servers or people but alot of people seem to stutter and lag really horribly.

The mech feel BIG AND SLOW but they do so much damage it's sick. Pump 4 guass rounds into any vehicle and they just explode. The vehicles are nimble and quick and low to the ground which make it easy to hide. Missle feel just as they were in the books, they don't always hit and even less if it's a moving target. The vtols and aerospace I've only touched once, I need a joystick for that, and even then I'm not so sure they're quite as polished. The power armor is fun/funny, You can literally land on top of other vehicles/mechs and just pew pew them to death or hitch a ride if you're quick and accurate.

It works off of the crysis style system where you start off with very little money and the more you kill/damage the more money you get when you spawn. It kinda sucks because end game the winning team is all in assault mechs and you're lucky to get a light/medium out.

Overall... you can definitely tell it's a beta, but i'm really glad they released it out now. It's incredibly fun, and totally worth the huge download.

• 10 months later...

Ok. Installed it again after I heard some of you were getting back into it. Definitely seems like a few bugs were fixed. Went online and found 1 server with 2 people in it and they had a newer version than I did (0.4.0) and then like 30 servers that were empty with the same version so :-\

• 6 months later...

http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/

Newest version released 0.5.0

CRYSIS WARS ONLY

They also added several maps and different gameplay types including solaris arena. I plan on making the long and arduous download for all of this probably sometime in the next few days. I'd like to see if we could go back to playing this again.

• 2 weeks later...

You only need crysis wars installed, and yes me and brian have it. I've only played a little bit, if you install it I'd be happy to add it to the rotation especially because there's very little in terms of new games this summer, so I'll need something to switch it up a bit.

They've changed a bit, the various values in c-bills as well as some new maps, new modes and even some announcer stuff. A warning though is that you'll need to download their installer which sucks terribly because no one seeds it. I know there is a direct download floating around somewhere in their forums. Try and find that if you can because I guarantee it will get you far better speed than the shitty installer. I think you bought crysis wars on steam, so you might get the same issue I had when you have it installed about the "server authentication error (3)"

Here's the workaround:

http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/2011-01/s...-cd-key-issues/

• 1 year later...