ren

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes they're running out of ideas really fast, nocturne was specter+ and now this guy is lina+lich. Don't get me wrong I'm fine with certain abilities or ideas coming back, but I hope when they finally get around to season 2 they slow down the champion release schedule to something a bit more manageable like 1 a month or even 1 every 6 weeks. Especially since riot can't balance for shit.

Yes that's been around for a long time. Generally their art is "better", also keep in mind that it alters the character portraits in game. I believe I looked into this, the downside is that because this is not supported officially by riot you may need to reapply it if a patch wipes it out. Not to mention you'd need to make a backup of your game files. He does say this works on the new patcher so it should be fine.

To be fair the art has been getting much better, the newer champions look pretty decent and the older champions have been getting updates, and with the exception of eve, they look good.

you dont need to reapply for patches

if you want to edit the adobe air client as well (matchmaking) then you should backup, just rename the old folder

you'll never need to redo for patching unless you actually mess with the .rar file, which you shouldn't

the whole point for me was editing the new character portraits in-game, i picked a few that i didnt like and changed them

i was ok with all the old pics pretty much

• 1 month later...

Blitz is medium difficulty. He has a speed boost for running as well asclosing distance and his power grab is a skillshot which are never easy. But his powerfist and ultimate are easy to use as well as his passive being able to save his ass. Kog is actually riskier because he's slow and does have any escapes, just a slow, on the bright side you can get revenge by blowing up on people when they kill you. But yea, just try all the champs and try to get a feel for what is fun, or what skills feel good to use.

A bit of info for , and suggestions on champions etc...

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/champions

Annie: she's recommended and a good mage, decent utility because of stuns, burst character

Ashe: also recommended, ranged dps, slow arrow and stun arrow make her useful from low level to high level play

Garen: he's recommended, but melee, he doesn't have mana costs so he's easy to play and rather tanky

Karthas: pretty easy mage to play, his passive allows you to cast spells even 7 seconds after death, fun to play

Katarina: medium difficulty, very mobile with no mana costs, but easily shut down.

Kennen: easy mage, uses energy and has abilities that can stun, fun to play

Lux: support/mage, has a root, snare, and a giant lazer for an ultimate.

Nidalee: hard to play, has 2 "stances" you have to mash on alot of buttons, but you're very mobile and can provide significant support and damage.

Urgot: medium difficulty, fun to play. Most of his damage is spells but he's a physical dps champ, it involves landing skillshots.

Veigar: easy mage, you farm until you have enough AP to one shot people, you have a huge aoe stun, and you counter other mages.

Vladimir: easy mage, you have a godlike escape do solid damage and lifesteal off of your spells, but before level 8 you can't do much.

You seem to want to play ranged heroes so that's what I focused on, I put garen on that list because I'd recommend him to most people to get a feel for melee champs he's rather forgiving and easy to play. I'd recommend a few skills you can work on:

Last hitting:

Basically wait until the creeps are low before you hit them instead of autoattacking, it's a skill you'll need and I suggest you start practicing it now, since you have very little else to do in the early game. The zoning part is somewhat useful as well, but generally speaking try to avoid this until you become more comfortable with the game.

Also be aware of your surroundings, on the 5 play map, you need to check the minimap to see where the other heroes are and if it's safe to push past the river or even attack their tower. This is probably the hardest skill to learn, so just remember to check the minimap every once in a while and think to yourself if you'd be safe if another champion came to attack you.

If you're every confused on what items to buy what you should be doing or anything like that, just ask us. Normally I know enough about the heroes to help you out at least with the basic. With almost every mage in the game a rod of ages is a very good choice because it gives you health/mana and ap, not to mention it builds easily.

• 3 weeks later...