Ezreal

Vladimir

Swain

Would like to try:

Lux

Nocturne

Olaf

Udyr

Champions I thought were cool but I'm not sure I would play given other choices:

Kog'Maw

Renekton

Brand

Miss Fortune

Garen

Veigar

I should probably still try a support type champ and tank type.

• 2 weeks later...

So riot decided to release some figures about users today. Here's the breakdown:

15million accounts created.

4 million player monthly

1.4 million players daily

500,000 in NA and EU at primetime

That's relatively impressive. I can understand how they've cemented themselves in the market. Even though I've heard rumors of dota 2 going into beta around gamescon and being free to play, I'm not so sure they'll manage to convert everyone.

Also new patch is big new character models/animations for janna, kayle and tryndamere.

I bought wukong and played a game with him just to test him out. Also check out the sick heimer build.

How is wukong?

The sarcastic joke about the heimer is that he is an AP hero and that guy bought AD items right? Just trying to make sure I'm getting it.

Yea he was an idiot. You build heimer AP.

As far as how wukong is, I'll play him next time we play, he's very mobile and incredibly obnoxious. Basically you not only can blinkstrike on to people but you can also fake them into attacking your clone afterwards or other stuff. His ultimate is the only part I actually dislike. The spin is listed as doing ridiculous damage, but it doesn't feel like it. In that picture my spin was doing something like 200+225 damage per second while spinning, but it felt significantly less than that. On the bright side you can cancel the spin and just attack afterwards and just use the knockup as a disable and movement speed boost.

His passive is boring and very short ranged. The main issue I see with him is that you can only really play him one way, and that's burst damage. His sustain is mediocre but his burst is very high. Also his skills seem very obviously linear. You level up Q first because it does not scale and you want the flat damage early, you then level up E because it does scale on physical damage, and you level W last because it scales on AP so it's useless. The whole idea behind him is to leap to a target and attack him a couple times and use the W to get away if you need to, it also is nice to use against ranged characters because normally they'll shoot after you, but if you're invisible they can't and often they sit in the illusions explosion.

So far he seems to me like he does too much damage and his mana costs are too low. I have a feeling he'll be nerfed in another patch or so. He isn't nearly as resilient as I expected him to be considering he gets bonus armor and magic resistance around enemy heroes.

Should release after pax (end of august). They say 20 minute games. In some ways I like the idea, but a small part of me wonders if the twisted treeline effect with happen, and people will drop off after a while and the balance for the new may will go straight to hell with certain champions.

On another note, I really don't think this is the only announcement coming out from Riot during this year. I do think magma chamber is coming out, as well as a possible graphics update. We'll see. At least they do seem to be making forward progress, now if only they'd add spectating and replays I would be a bit happier.

This looks very interesting in a MOBA game....i do worry about balance and how the map is setup..(5 points in series or 5 points in parallel?), that would definitely affect how the holding is done. I can imagine a lot of variations in this to make it really awesome. Want to try this but 20 minute games might be a little fast (I enjoy the long ramp up and hate how Starcraft 2 made an RTS game go WAY too fast to be enjoyable) but who knows. Gotta try it first.

I've almost never spectated and definitely have never watched a replay so that is not on my list of things to want in this game.

I have no idea how the capture points are laid out. I have a feeling they're going to be individual, they act like crappy towers from what I've heard. I just fear for certain champions with area control skills, look at orianna she controls space with her pet really well. Or people with large aoe spells like malzahar or anivia. If you look at twisted treeline tanky dps is fantastic, ranged characters don't do so well in close confined spaces, and most hard tanks aren't as effective when you only have 3 characters and need to kill people. Likewise this new gameplay type seems to be geared towards mages and characters with aoe or area denial.

Capture points are in a pentagon/circle. Bases are at the slight lower left and right. Buffs are changed, looked like it was the twisted treeline style of buffs not the red/blue from summoners rift. Champions start at level 3. There is not a strict 20 minute timer it requires you to reach a certain point value (counts down from 500 to zero). Creeps are different looks like a half super creep for melee and 2 ranged minions for each wave. I assume xp gains are tweaked because they show level 18 heroes at 21 minutes into the game.

Here's a better video. Gold gain xp gain are increased substantially and death timers are decreased substantially. The only part I cringed at was the "quests" part. Because I know that unfortunately people will want to do their personal quests instead of helping win the games. They mention the quests give rewards, but what are the rewards? We'll probably get more info out of gamescon and pax, but generally it does at least look fun. The idea of super fast matches might be interesting, not to mention I have a feeling certain heroes that are very awkward in current summoners rift team compositions will make a large comeback (katarina comes to mind, frankly I have a feeling that she'll be almost op in this mode). On the bright side we're supposed to be getting this update either at the very end of this month or the beginning of the next.