Tactically Inept

League of Legends

ren

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm considering changing my name in league of legends, but since someone owns the name malaphax I have to improvise. The current ideas I have are:

maläphax and malæphax. I'm not completely satisfied with either but I'm not sure I have much choice in this matter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

They've been progressively increasing the champion release materials over the recent past. The first time a champion got a cool new "animated" (more like barely moving) login screen and some music was Vi

The last "ultimate" skin they released, spirit guard udyr, had an entire webcomic.

Then we look at the previous champion Lucien who received multiple animated login screens and music.

This is just an evolution of that. I think she's a rather large champion release and while I don't expect awesome videos like this for each new champion. I do think that their current pace of champion releases allows them to make each release quite a bit more awesome. You combine that with the various champions that are receiving visual reworks or skill reworks and at least from a content perspective, riot has been doing pretty well. Too bad we still don't have replays and they're using the adobe air client. But I digress.

Here's the standard champion spotlight:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

You guys should log into mumble when you want to play. We normally have plenty of LoL people online.

I'm interested in seeing if riot introduces the team builder into ranked play eventually. Also, I really should do some solo queue so I can get through all my placement matches.

So they released their april fools joke this year. It's basically LoL's version of dota's -wtf mode.

Here's the important information:

MANA AND ENERGY COST All ability costs reduced to 0
COOLDOWN REDUCTION 80% on abilities, activated items and summoner spells
MOVEMENT SPEED +60 for all champions
TENACITY +25% for all champions
ATTACK SPEED BONUSES Bonuses given by items/abilities increased by 100% on ranged champions
CRITICAL STRIKE DAMAGE Increased by 25% of base damage on ranged champions
GOLD GAIN +500% of the amount normally granted on Summoner's Rift

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/evolution-league-legends-today

I played a little bit last night. It's like league on crack cocaine with no rules. Even if you have absolutely no interest in playing league, you should try this mode, because if this isn't fun, you're a sad and boring person.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm feeling somewhat frustrated recently and even started compiling data points of my recent play in league, mostly the results and a brief description of the game. People have said that there are 3 types of games: games where you will win guaranteed, games where you will lose guaranteed and games where you have a meaningful impact on winning or losing. I've been demoted from gold 1 all the way to gold 3 because of repeated losses with absolutely garbage players, it's pretty frustrating. At some point I'll put together enough data and graph it out so I can break down roughly what I'm experiencing.

Also I've been pretty lenient giving people the role they choose, which leads me to play quite a bit of support, which is notoriously hard to carry from. So my last game of this evening I decided to not give a shit and play what I wanted to play. Here's the results, tl;dr i went 12-0 with draven.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1573754583/78980