Tactically Inept

League of Legends

ren

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a strong middle ground between adding in random elements to help spice up individual games without going completely overboard.  They already had the elemental dragons with specific buffs, now they're adding in minor changes in the map.  They also tied this theme of "elementals" into their teamfight tactics game mode, which is a pretty neat.  I have a feeling when riot eventually releases some of their other games we might see some solid crossover from their marketing - Blizzard has been the gold standard for that level of integration. 

League is one of the games I don't actively play but I keep engaged with. 

Riot's new marksman/ADC champion is said to be the highest skill cap champion ever released - well considering he uses 5 different weapons and swaps between main and off hand weapons while managing ammo and mana... yea that sounds super goddamn complicated. 

https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/champions-skins/champion-preview/aphelios-kit-primer

• 1 month later...

While this video is full of groan inducing puns, one of the things to note is that the japanese voice over is done by the same guy that voices Dio in JoJo's Bizarre Aventure - hence the scene at the end

More info on the Fiddlesticks visual update:
https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2020/01/dev-the-latest-on-fiddlesticks-vgu/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There have been a bunch of animated short videos promoting the League card game "Legends of Runeterra" and some of them are pretty neat bits of lore about the characters. 

I'm still curious if this is the type of quality we'll see in the television show they're working on. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Remember they have a full animation department similar to blizzard.  The difference is that they're actually going to produce their own animated series (which is currently delayed to 2021). 

I do think that Riot has traditionally been overstaffed, but I also think that was partly due to their recent efforts to expand and release more games.  They have legitimately put the S in Riot Games.

• League of Legends
  • Legends of Runeterra
  • Wild Rift
  • Valorant
  • Unannounced Riot Fighting Game
  • Two different franchised e-sports leagues (NA and EU)

As far as this specific release they also dumped a bunch of time/money into it because Yassuo is currently their most popular champion and so they wanted to try and monetize this new champion Yone.  They released a different champion a few weeks ago and I didn't even post about it because I had zero interest and they produced almost no content for that champions release.  They even designed a weird dating simulator for the spirit blossom event that's currently going on.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This needs a little bit of context - they're releasing a new champion in league and a new character in valorant that are very similar.  They have the same voice actor and similar kits/abilities based around electricity.  They were designed by the same game designer as well.  This is a clearly intentional move to see if they can do a bit more to connect valorant and league (which they've done a bit in the past). 

• 4 months later...