League of Legends

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shopping away from base allows you to snowball a lead if you manage to not take too much damage in lane.  Or you could find a safe spot under tower and buy potions to try and withstand a losing matchup. 

The player terrain stuff is more of a response to several heroes that create terrain, if anything that's a healthy ability/system to put in the game. 

They mentioned something about how all of his allies have special item upgrades they can purchase effectively raising their gold cap, that actually sounds a bit broken if a game goes that late. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/preseason-update

They're doing some serious changes.  They're eliminating runes/masteries (sort of) and rune cost, they also are giving anyone who currently owns stuff a nice refund.  They're adding infinite levelings (like Blizzard games) and free loot boxes (also like blizzard). 

I'll be interested to see where this goes. 

Sidenote: currently the world championship is in it's early stages.  They're clearing all the shitty international teams out and then they'll move into proper brackets.  I fully expect korea to win it again, with the strong possibility of SKT winning for the third year in a row. 

Champion rework for Evelynn.  I think the champion looks cool, they changed her from a weird seductress/predator to more of a succubi/demon. 

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/us/featured/champion-reveal-evelynn

I've mentioned previously, this is how league will survive for the next few years.  They keep updating old and busted champs and release a few new ones, while occasionally throwing balance all over the place.  I think they are the epitome of "games as a service" and I respect them for it. 
I'm still waiting to see if they ever develop a new game.  There was that fighting game studio (radiant) that they bought a while back.  I wonder if that will be their second game they release and if it will be attached to the league of legends IP (sort of like blizzard's huge universe) or if they'll do something totally new. 

• 1 month later...

Yup, when you have 140 champions you can basically cater to everyone in some way.  There are plenty of tropes that they've covered to death at this point, but they also have several more unique champion designs and almost all the new champions or heavy reworks have been very positive steps towards carving out unique champion elements.  It's one of the main reasons why league of legends seems to have dramatic staying power compared to other games. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They're doing a champion update for Swain and it looks like they're changing a fair bit.  They said they wanted to make him more "tactician" based. 

Sidenote, the new season officially started.  There's some really dumb shit going on abusing lifesteal and "overshield" here's a little video about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuPGkPIboFs

I've been trying it out, and it's definitely silly.  Riot already mentioned they have plans to nerf it soon, so I better make the most of abusing it now before ADC gets put into the dumpster again. 

Swain champion update:

https://na.leagueoflegends.com/us/featured/champion-reveal-swain

I would consider this one of the more drastic remakes.  Almost no skills/abilities from his previous kit are present - he visually looks completely different as well.  The new redesign looks interesting enough, I hope people enjoy playing him.  He certainly seems more tactics oriented since one of his skills scouts an area. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't want this to sound like /r/hailcorporate but Riot did go ahead and release drop rates for their lootboxes.  Please note that their system allows you to earn lootboxes as well as pay for them.  I know China requires loot box drop rates to be listed and I'm expecting that as more countries begin to start talking about various regulation that more companies will follow suit.  They also are making some changes in their next patch to some of the drops (this is already reflected in the current droprates/link). 

https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/207884233-Hextech-Crafting-Guide

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...