Trailers

kuhla

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm still so burnt from the last episode# movie that I can't really muster up any optimistic hype for this one. The fan theories are fun and the ideas being batted around that they are pulling a bunch of ideas from the old canon makes sense since they have done that before but then.... you always circle back.... to remembering that the story continues from the last movie.

Are we going to get another death star? Maybe more space gravity bombs? Maybe more pointless side stories with random side characters that nobody likes? Totally out of place jokes peppered everywhere? Cute animal friends? etc. etc. etc.

On the one hand episode 8 was so bad, I really hate being invested at all in the current star wars sequels.  On the other hand, there's a bunch of FOMO, and I should just take the friday off work and see the movie so it's safe to browse the internet. 
I'm not going to read into a bunch of crazy theories from the internet, because some of them are actually decent sounding and I don't want to create false expectations that will inevitably fall short of the actual movie. 

Honestly I want to place a ton of blame with Disney, they decided to have different directors write/direct each movie individually rather than do the sensible thing and have one writer handle the series and then consider having multiple directors work on the individual films.  I'm not going to spend the effort writing about how badly Rian Johnson fucked up episode 8, but I'll say that I probably would have been happier with another mediocre JJ Abrams movie.  Honestly, I've set the bar at "not walking out of the theater mad," which is about as low as I can put it. 

Also, I strongly believe that the Mandalorian show is going to be the worst thing that happens to episode 9.  Everyone is going to compare the two, and unless that series completely shits the bed, it's going to make the movies look really bad. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...