kuhla

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Malaphax said:

The new disney trend of taking an obviously irredeemable villain from a classic film and then spinning off a prequel that attempts to humanize them. 

I know it's "just Disney" (they just want to make money with established IPs), and I understand having sympathetic villains often makes for better stories, but I feel there is something wrong about this trend of picking old villains and then rewriting/retelling their stories.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 10:56 AM, Malaphax said:

Also dead wives give people superpowers.  Great fucking writing as usual hollywood. 

I was like "something about this feels very young adult" and then the frame "from bestseller" so I looked it up and yeah it's based on a book with a lot of YA themes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2020 at 10:41 PM, kuhla said:

I really liked the first trailer and now they have posted another one that is pretty cool.....

....so now I know it's doomed. It cannot live up to the standard of the trailers. It's going to be artsy and slow and I'm just going to remember the trailers fondly and be annoyed at the time and money wasted in the theater.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...