• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is a hell of a cast and seems kind of funny too in a wierd way. I just hope that the tone of the trailer is actually the same as the movie. I can just imagine that the music and speed of the trailer is ...... well I can just see the movie being slow, mostly devoid of music and have a lot of awkward silences but I hope to be surprised.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought that was the best piece of writing I've seen from the standard summer action movies. They took actual history, and picked small seemingly insignificant parts of it and tweaked them slightly for their own needs. I wish more writing was that creative. Instead we get stuff like "It's analog" and everyone seems to just gloss over the incredibly shitty writing by saying "it's just an action movie, no need to look at the writing critically."

I thought that was the best piece of writing I've seen from the standard summer action movies. They took actual history, and picked small seemingly insignificant parts of it and tweaked them slightly for their own needs. I wish more writing was that creative. Instead we get stuff like "It's analog" and everyone seems to just gloss over the incredibly shitty writing by saying "it's just an action movie, no need to look at the writing critically."

yes, i agree with this. "its a movie" shouldn't be an excuse for crappy writing and ignoring the laws of physics.

yes, i agree with this. "its a movie" shouldn't be an excuse for crappy writing and ignoring the laws of physics.

NO! PACIFICE RIM IS AWESOME!

But seriously, the occasion bad physics movie doesn't bother me if it has cartoon elements through out it. Star Trek Into the Darkness bothered me a TON due to some really really abhorrent breaking of laws (Instant transport from Earth to Klingon homeworld, gravity being normal in space? wut? ).

As for Godzilla...I can't wait although I don't see anything super creative in the movie trailer other than that single tidbit. I have feeling you just like really dark movies and that anything dark with a serious tone is considered "good writing". Feel free to show me a comedy (or a light hearted movie) that is considered a good movie.