ren

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post cool stuff here

talked to kuhla on monday about this, here is a very well made video that explains hit confirm way better than I can.

it is made in sf4, but it applies fully (possibly even more so due to prevalence of supers) to sf3, and most every other sf/capcom game.

check out his other videos for high level/in depth fighting game mechanics. sf4 has alot more depth than I thought it did.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

i should note that 90% of those hit confirms are done with links

c.LP->c.LP for instance

wth... how did akuma cancel ryu's fireball in sf4? (3:16 in) Good tut tho. I'll go try that out when I go on winter break.

I'm assuming you mean at 2:22. That was a focus attack, an SF4 specific mechanic.

You are correct. I hit the wrong button and lost the time... only numbers that came to mind was 3:16.

Hm, I really have to get over my noobish button mashing habit and learn these moves.

hilarious

justin is awesome

i have to say i think justin is slowly becoming my favorite player

when i first heard of him and watched him play i thought he was a complete tool

but watching him troll that vega was just hilarious

on the other hand i now think marn is a complete tool

duddeeeee

i went out to lunch and i saw a small arcade

they had third strike and sf4 and st

omg i wanted to play so bad

the 3s machines looked so awesome

would you guys be up to hit an arcade on friday or something?

i know we can just play on ggpo but i like the arcade experience

we can go and troll people or just chill and watch people play.

dont really wanna go by myself but just putting it out there...

duddeeeee

i went out to lunch and i saw a small arcade

they had third strike and sf4 and st

omg i wanted to play so bad

the 3s machines looked so awesome

would you guys be up to hit an arcade on friday or something?

i know we can just play on ggpo but i like the arcade experience

we can go and troll people or just chill and watch people play.

dont really wanna go by myself but just putting it out there...

The last arcade I went to was so sad I walked out in 15 minutes-- which says a lot.

Where is this arcade you speak of? Name and location, please.

I know that cal poly has a 3s machine and So does CSUF. As far as hitting up a "real" arcade I would have to know how far it is. I guess I might be willing to try, but considering you're the only one who can use a stick correctly me and kuhla would probably get rolled really hard.

haha.

yea i considered that which is why i added the "troll people or chill out" part.

but yes i was referring to a real arcade.

i dont know how big csuf's arcade area is but i was thinking more along the lines of that big one in roland heights or something.

it'd be pretty lame to go to a tiny one, the main appeal is to watch/play against other people.

the one i went to is by the badminton shop near cal poly, its across the street from mt sac

in unrelated news, daigo will be at norcal regionals

Daigo "The Beast" Umehara isn't happy about his loss to BLG Filipino Champ at SCR, and is coming to NorCal Regionals 2010 for his salty runback. It's a rematch I'm sure many are waiting to see! Will Daigo be able to take back the crown for Team Mad Catz?

-http://shoryuken.com/content/daigo-confirm...nals-2010-2385/

I know that cal poly has a 3s machine and So does CSUF. As far as hitting up a "real" arcade I would have to know how far it is. I guess I might be willing to try, but considering you're the only one who can use a stick correctly me and kuhla would probably get rolled really hard.

No. FJC has a SF3s machine. CSUF has a SF4 machine and MvC2 if you are interested in that too. The CSUF arcade also has Xbox360s you can "rent". Since I've only been there a handful of times I'm not all that familiar with how some of that works: http://asi.fullerton.edu/tsu/rec.asp It's not that big. I'll actually take pics tomorrow if I remember and post them.

Och! I've heard of the underground arcade at CSUF, have yet to visit it.

:D How exciting!

The last arcade that I briefed only had air hockey tables and Pacman. -_____-" Utter fail!

Fuck seth. Yes mad. Good god. I'm bad. It is set to easiest. I am now over 30 matches, and 30 minutes, and cannot beat seth with el fuerte. CPU is fucking ridiculous. You did an ultra? Oh I shoryued at just the right time most of the time and evade it. You are on wakeup? I grab faster. I'm on wakeup? I grab faster. You hitting JAB? I grab you. You blocking? I teleport behind you. Did you jump and I didn't? EX sonic boom, enjoy the landing. Are you focus attacking? Oh let me grab you out of that. I have seriously considered giving up on unlocking seth.

EDIT: Of course by comparison with guile it was sonic boom, sonic boom, flash kick, flash kick, check please.

EDIT2: WAKE UP ULTRA FROM CPU. REALLY?

EDIT3: You cannot even punish wiffed shoryus. It grabs you as it comes down. I'm really mad right now. srs.