Sign in to follow this  
ren

Fighting Games

Posted Image

We got a SITUATION HERE.

So in SF news....

I know at FJC they have a 3rd strike arcade machine so today, with a little extra time on my hands, I went to CSUF's arcade area to see if they had one too. They have a SF4 setup. I watched people play for a while. I'm pretty sure ren could have mopped the floor with any and all of them. I think malaphax could have too if he played on a joystick as well as on a keyboard. Putting that together I figured that if I could get over the controller handicap I would maybe have a fighting chance. Fuck it, I figured I would try anyways since its only 25c. Surprise #1, there is no Sakura on arcade. I probably should have thought of or noticed that to start fuuuu. I chose CViper and the other guy was Sagat. I'm not only handicaped by character but also by input and yes I lost badly but I got some hits in. I only played one round because I didn't think I would do any better if I kept playing. The controller just felt sooo different...

Yea there's also no cammy or seth or gouken. I think they only have like 16 characters available. Also yes it's a huge difference going from keyboard or even pad to proper stick. It takes at least a day to be able to quarter circle/dp on a stick reliably. Also since this is vanilla sagat is a beast. I know you hate charge characters but they are probably the easiest characters to play on an unfamiliar control surface. I bet you if you picked bison or honda you'd have stood a better chance than picking a low hp character with very twitchy imputs like c.viper.

This is supposedly (I am no judge) some epic cammy.

Skip to 4:00 to start of match. Daigo (Ryu) vs. Sako (Cammy) at GodsGarden tournament.

Cammy is one of the top characters in this game. I'd put her in the top 5. She has options for so much, her ex-spirals can go under fireballs along with her super/ultra. In all honesty she's been nerfed from vanilla as far as i know, they lowered her damage.

I just love the fact that japan has good enough internet to run serious tournaments like this on xbox live and you can pull of 1 frame links without worrying about lag.

Don't get me wrong I think that's a cool video. But as far as I understand about sakura, she's great, if they can't/don't block. She has almost no mixups or fancy shit, just good combos and links. I just like to play characters that have the ability to make someone guess.

worth watching. thats all i'll say i hate spoiling things. just watch it.

the clip is from part 2 of daigo's 5 rounds in seasons beatings 5v5 US vs international exhibition matchup.

ill post more clips from this if there are any more good ones like this.

edit: if you really care about the score you should watch from the beginning as this is the LAST 3 rounds of the entire matchup.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX1QtSqr6vE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX1QtSqr6vE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

worth watching. thats all i'll say i hate spoiling things. just watch it.

the clip is from part 2 of daigo's 5 rounds in seasons beatings 5v5 US vs international exhibition matchup.

ill post more clips from this if there are any more good ones like this.

edit: if you really care about the score you should watch from the beginning as this is the LAST 3 rounds of the entire matchup.

what just happened

what just happened

what just happened

what just happened

seriously

seriously

seriously

seriously

what just happened

what just happened

what just happened

what just happened

oh my god

oh my god

oh my god

literally the funniest thing ive seen come from xbox live.

mike ross and gootecks do a show where they play people on xbox live for the lulz with their alt characters.

absolute hilarity. must watch. this spans 2 episodes.

literally the funniest thing ive seen come from xbox live.

mike ross and gootecks do a show where they play people on xbox live for the lulz with their alt characters.

absolute hilarity. must watch. this spans 2 episodes.

LOL