Sign in to follow this  
ren

Fighting Games

Let me know kuhla if you plan on buying a stick, I'm sure that during norcal regionals in 1 week they'll have another sale with probably the same prices meaning that the TE sticks will be 100 and free shipping, the normal sticks are sold out for ps3 and even then I think they weren't on sale. I'm still kind of debating this. I'm sure the 40 dollar madcatz would be sufficient for me or you but I have to think about it.

My favorite looking stick:

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighter-Fight...6269&sr=1-5

Let me know kuhla if you plan on buying a stick, I'm sure that during norcal regionals in 1 week they'll have another sale with probably the same prices meaning that the TE sticks will be 100 and free shipping, the normal sticks are sold out for ps3 and even then I think they weren't on sale. I'm still kind of debating this. I'm sure the 40 dollar madcatz would be sufficient for me or you but I have to think about it.

My favorite looking stick:

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighter-Fight...6269&sr=1-5

During SRC the promotional deals they had running at other websites pretty much matched Amazon so just keep that mind when NRC is running.

That's not completely true, the TE on amazon right now is standard 150, they're usually on sale for 100 with free shipping during major tournaments. Actually right now on amazon the Tournament S is cheaper than the standard TE by 18 bucks for some weird reason. I would consider going for the Tournament S if I saw that on sale, but they don't even sell anything but the TE and the femme fatale version at the madcatz site.

EDIT: Nvm, they do sell the TE-S on the madcatz site you have to look for it specifically though. Also it's the standard 150, and considering I've yet to see a deal for it, and it's their newest stick besides the special chun li version I doubt I'll see that on sale anytime soon.

So, for shits and giggles ren and I were talking about sticks and what various people have done in terms of modding them. So, get ready for the big surprise. Some of the better "concepts", note that they turn out pretty much exactly as posted.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'd love to have a bison stick like that. Ren also brought up an interesting point about the bezel on the TE-S edition, it has no "bezel" it merely has a faceplate meaning that it has a somewhat sharp corner where your wrist naturally rests.

I might seriously think about buying a stick in the near future, maybe not norcal regionals but I'm very seriously thinking about it.

norcal regionals this weekend

get hype!

plinking tutorial for you guys in case you missed it on srk

if you don't understand the uses of it go read the youtube comments

if you still don't understand then i cant help you :|

People organize lan parties at their homes with complete strangers on some other forums I've seen so that doesn't seem lol at all to me.

ROFL @kuhla's comment.

Dang, that's pretty crazy. I guess gamer love overcomes social fear.

Well funny you should ask, I have spent about 2 solid hours today of training mode just

HADOOKEN, SHORYUKEN, TETSUMAKISEPUKEN

I briefly tried some charge characters and messed around with vega/zangief/seth just to try some shenanigans and actually preform moves I was unable to (namely 360's and the z-charge ultras).

But after two hours of practice I played briefly against turvy and was rather soundly beaten. It's funny my execution was decent in practice mode and then as soon as there was someone actually attacking me, hands went into panic mode and couldn't hit any of what I was imputing.

So I have a feeling I'll be hitting training mode for many more hours before I'm even remotely back to what I was on keyboard.

@Jedi: ... wow, that's kind of scary.

@MrBlah: The only thing I'm good at in that game is button mashing. But having read what you posted, I want to play against you when you're on your keyboard or later on when you level up to proness on the stick. How do you stand against Ren?

@everyone: anyone want to do the badminton+arcade combo again? xD One or the other works too.

2 hours... isn't too pathetic, though far from the usual.

I don't know about tomorrow tho. I'm going to Kata training for the first time so I may not have the energy to last another 4 hours.

Edit out this: [Tino sounds like he's going to the auto show so we may just have to cancel badminton/arcade tomorrow.]

Apparently, autoshow is later in the evening. I'll probably drop by just to play a couple rounds or until I run out of energy.

good execution tutorial series

explains it all very thoroughly

this is only the plinking one, i might post some more of the ones i find well done

learn this stuff if you want to get the most out of your stick

just to clarify, plinking is new to the sf4/super series. it does not work in 3s nor any other older capcom games.

its sf4's input leniency system that allows plinking to exist. and its my theory that input leniency exists in sf4 because it runs at more than 2x the fps of older games (60 fps vs 25)

i know alot of these execution tutorials focus around plinking, but thats because links are really important in sf4.

theres not nearly as many hit-confirmable cancel combos so you have to rely on links for hit confirms.

heres another guide if you want to read more

http://shoryuken.com/content/plinking_faq-2065/

i wasn't going to post this since alot of the clips we already have from older videos

but theres a few good ones i havn't seen so im going to post it anyways

i dont know why they're making fun of ksk

i don't usually post random combo videos but this one is super well done

plus i might alt rose in super so wanna keep this around for reference

it covers her most basic 2 hits to her best ultra 2 setups

note: some (alot) of this stuff is only possible in super due to rose buffs in super

i.e. stuff like hp.soul reflect xx soul throw doesnt work in vanilla

i was reading some random tier list off shoryuken for ssf4

someone mentioned that on the japanese tier list makoto has her own tier

A Chun Li, Honda, Bison, Guile, Balrog

B+ Cammy, Ryu, Seth, Sagat, Rufus, Abel, Dhalsim, Akuma, Fei Long

B Rose, Ken, Blanka, Zangief

C Dee Jay, Adon, Vega, Ibuki, Viper, Fuerte, Cody

D Gouken, T-Hawk, Dudley, Juri, Sakura

E Guy, Gen

F Hakan, Dan

M Makoto

i kinda lol'd