Tactically Inept

Official Post Anything Technology Related Thread

Jedi2155

read this: http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/22/pivothe...asses-hands-on/

Honestly, at this point, all those museums that don't allow cameras are going to have to stop. There is no flash. You can't tell by a quick glance if those glasses even have a camera or not. I don't think these will replace helmet cams (that can adjust angle) but it will be a nice niche product for situations where the bulk of a helmet camera would be awkward.

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just out of curiosity, I wanted to see what monitor people were recommending these days with primarily gaming in mind. Seen quite a few recommendations for the BenQ XL2410T. It's 120Hz. Input lag well under 10ms. Response time of 2ms GTG. 1080p.

Just out of curiosity, I wanted to see what monitor people were recommending these days with primarily gaming in mind. Seen quite a few recommendations for the BenQ XL2410T. It's 120Hz. Input lag well under 10ms. Response time of 2ms GTG. 1080p.

Gawd, I wanted 1920x1200 120Hz display for ages. I gave up and got my U2412m. While cheap, it does feel like the price I paid for it. My U2410 is still noticeably better...I want a 120 Hz display still :'(.

I gave up and got my U2412m. While cheap, it does feel like the price I paid for it. My U2410 is still noticeably.....

source - http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2412m.htm

I know many people are going to be asking the question: "which is better, the U2410 or U2412M?" I'd like to start by re-iterating the point that the U2412M is not replacing the U2410, but rather will be a supplementary model in the UltraSharp range, aimed more at the mass consumer market and multimedia user. The U2410 is aimed more at professional graphics users and higher end work while also offering an all round feature and function set. The price point is lower on the U2412M than the U2410 but its features do vary.

The "New iPad" has a 9.7-inch, 2048 x 1536 display. That's kind of ridiculous. One of my school textbook/ebooks reads very comfortably on my 1920x1200 monitor when I go full screen and the format is for an oversized book.

It has been rumored since before the iPad 2's release that they were going to have a Retina display. Only manufacturers could not get yields high enough for a mass market product before the iPad 2's release. Anyways, I want retina really badly. Debating iPad 3 or Asus Transformer Prime TF700T (1920x1200).

....and so it begins again. Thank Apple.

source - http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...99s-own-website

source - http://androidcommunity.com/galaxy-tab-11-...bsite-20120323/

For now this is all just speculation and could quite possibly be a mockup or placeholder image, or that could be the next Galaxy Tab, in an 11.6-inch size that has been hiding under plain sight. If Samsung does release a brand new quad-core or fast dual-core 11.6 tablet with a 2560 x 1600 resolution and 16:10 screen ratio, running on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich I?ll be getting my wallet out really fast.

source - http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/04/google-...c-wont-make-yo/

The good news: Google has started testing those augmented reality glasses we heard about earlier in the year. The bad news: if the artsy shots of the test units are to be believed, they won't make you look like some '80s cinematic anti-hero. In fact, the things wouldn't look too out of place in a New York Times style story. The software giant let it be known that, while it hasn't quite got a sale date on the wearables, it's ready to test ProjectGlass amongst the non-augmented public. The company is also looking for feedback on the project, writing in a post today, "we want to start a conversation and learn from your valuable input." Want some idea of what ProjectGlass might offer the public? Sure, it's not quite as good as strapping a pair on your own eyes, but interested parties can check out a video of Google's vision after the break.

Posted Image

Google doesn't get much criticism from me but I will say this: it does bother me sometimes how many services are automatically linked to my account. I think I saw somewhere an option where I could opt-out or break the link but I would rather have it as opt-in. I feel overwhelmed and that I have this huge redundancy of services at my disposal. I wonder sometimes if I should sit down and try to take advantage of all of them and see how that changes things.

I have, on more than one occasion thought about using google calendar, since it syncs with my phone and might be useful to help plan out my schedule (as well as motivate me at times). I do admit the amount of google services is rather massive, there are only a few services I would consider using.