Sign in to follow this  
kuhla

[HBO] Game of Thrones

correction, after I got it from you, I skipped around epi 1 and 2 to catch things I thought I missed.

Then went from 3-6.

Tonight 7-9.

... O_o WTHECK. I want to read the book.

So, speaking of the books, I've been making may way through the second one. I'll put on spoiler tags but I won't post any real spoilers:

Ok, so the first book had almost no magic, in fact the only magic comes at the end (probably episode 9/10 of the series). But the second book has a bit more magic. It still keeps the same style and pace, but expect a bit of a shift. To be fair, they give a solid reason for this. I wonder how they will handle this and if they'll have significant CGI for certain scenes. The predominant story still revolves around the politics and backstabbing of the realm, you'll also see more of certain characters as well as plenty of new ones.

I look forward to the second season, and wonder who they'll cast for certain roles, I hope they pick up some lesser known actors. I've noticed that often the lesser known actors do better jobs than some of the higher profile ones.

I need more....

Now that I'm caught up, I don't expect to sleep later than 1am anymore. Good grief.

Gahahahahaha!!! xD :thumbs up:

Posted Image

I actually just remembered I wanted to bring this up after checking something on an older episode. Everything we have seen in the show has been medieval european-ish. That Kukri felt out of place.

Episode 10:

I felt this episode was pretty weak. The whole thing seemed cobbelled together from many small parts. Some better than others. More like they were just trying to make sure they hit up all the characters, give you a quick update and then prepare you for the second season.

Old man stretching scene fucking LOL.

Yes it was a weaker episode, I do feel like in some ways it's very similar to the books. The major scene of daenerys with the dragons had far less weight to it then I had hoped. It's supposed to be an oh shit moment, but it felt rushed, at least the dragons were reasonable cgi.

I still give them huge amounts of credit because they have to cover so much stuff, and they manage to do it pretty well. Actually the entire scene with maester pycelle is a bit fucked up, partially because they don't even talk about that until the second book and it was a very minor part compared to the rest, but they spent alot of time on it.

They have a bunch of new side character they have to fill for next season, I have a feeling one role in particular will be hard to fill.

Yes it was a weaker episode, I do feel like in some ways it's very similar to the books. The major scene of daenerys with the dragons had far less weight to it then I had hoped. It's supposed to be an oh shit moment, but it felt rushed, at least the dragons were reasonable cgi.

Was that really supposed to be a surprise though? They mentioned many times "the dragons used to rule" "they are all gone now" "the white walkers used to be a daily nightmare" "they are all gone now". White walkers are coming back. Winter is coming back. War is coming back. Seemed kind of obvious the dragons would come back too since all the myths and legends are returning.

Actually the entire scene with maester pycelle is a bit fucked up, partially because they don't even talk about that until the second book and it was a very minor part compared to the rest, but they spent alot of time on it.

It felt so out of place and mostly pointless but it was too funny so I let it slide.

What the hell malaphax, 2:51AM?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . lol you selected all of this, empty space. Surprise.

Well considering I got fucking lured into finishing alice, I kept thinking, oh this is the last section this is the last level, surely it's done by now. And there was always a little bit more. I actually didn't watch the episode until around 130. I also don't have a job/school that I have to be at, so it's not a huge deal.

Also what the flying fuck, the scene with cersei and lancel is from the second book as well, and both that and the maester pycelle scene aren't even until the middle of the book, it honestly doesn't even make sense in the context that they used it. I was kind of pissed of they did that, there's supposed to be several months before that happens.

I'm getting near the end of the second book, I don't know how some of this will be done. Not only are there some rather large battles but there seems to be more content. The first season they cut several sections of the book, and they got away with it because they were just smaller details compared to the overarching story. But this second book seems to have a bit more substance to it, and it also uses some "tricky" writing that you can't really translate onto film. Also I have a feeling they'll be spending a great deal more budget on cgi.

@MrBlah: Do you have any publisher errors in multiple pages/missing pages in your book set? I was reading the 1 star reviews and that seemed to be the topic of mass complaint.

I haven't seen any publishing errors or missing pages. It might have been a bad batch. Keep in mind that these books are on average 950+ pages and then they come with an index as well (for the houses and major characters). I haven't seen any issues so far, but i'm only at the beginning of book 3. Also a significant amount of people seem to be bashing the kindle version because it's double the price, and 1 large file instead of 4 and has other problems.

Yeah, I focused on the print version ratings only.

I didn't notice that the book set is out of stock until the 25th. I am crossing my fingers that it arrives on Tuesday because I took the rest of the week off.

:D!!!! Books have arrived!

I didn't get too far into the book yesterday afternoon but thus far the show did a great job in covering the main parts.There are subtleties that I glossed over in the show that you can't miss from reading the text.

For example how the wife took the death of the dire wolf to be an ill omen. (Crafty writing...)

I'll resume reading after my final tomorrow. xD I'm excited.

wooo... I thought the prologue in book 3 started out at a deadfoot pace but it sure did spice things up.

Winter is coming.

All of book 1. They might be able to fit most of book 2 into season 2, but they already said they can't fit all of book 3 into season 3 so they'll probably have to split it up.

lol, my coworker comes up to me and tells me he just finished the 5th book and it was a blood bath. I asked him who dies. He pauses to think if he should tell me then repeats, "A lot of people die; it was a blood bath. Hurry up and read so we can discuss the books."

What is there to discuss? A lot of people die... it was a bloodbath.

I feel like a raven. Die... die... die.... die...

Corn?

There's a spoiler (for season 1) at the end of this video so beware. But it's a cool insight on how they used special effects to fill out the different lands and areas of westeros. I think the special effects in this show were well done, they never really went over the top.

http://youtu.be/xkptadiDABo

I was eating a variation of an oatcake and I kept telling myself:

one day I will call the Liddles to court and repay them 100 fold for every nut and berry.

When did I start RPing?

Finally settled down and finished off the fourth book.

Geez... this book gets creepier at every turn.