Sign in to follow this  
kuhla

2011 MCAS Miramar Air Show

Not even sure why I'm making this thread considering no one wanted to go last year (2010) and everyone bailed the year before that (2009).

Let me go ahead and get this point out of the way quick: there will be nothing new there this year that wasn't there the last 4-5 years. Going would just be for the fun of going and seeing loud things.

dates: September 30 through October 2, 8:00AM - 4:00PM

If no one wants to go I'm going to go with my brother.

im up for going assuming nothing else more important is happening

ok not sure if i can still make it. I will let you know by next thursday at the latest, but unless things slow down I'm going to have to pass.

I really want to go since I haven't been to it since our first Airshow in 2006.

I'd be up for it but I want some ear protection.

I'm going on sunday with my brother. If you two still want to go then you have to post and we have to figure something out.

sorry this just came up at a bad time

if it was last week I probably would have been up for it

hope you guys have fun, whoever's going

I'm back home. It wasn't as good as remember it. The weapon booth was gone so no chance to handle a M249 or M82 again. The F-22 Raptor was not there because I think it only very recently was allowed back in the air after some issue I didn't read about. I was reminded that Harriers are capable of many different types of flying. Most aircraft seem smaller than I remember them from the inside. I took like 3 short short videos. I might upload it sometime.

The weather was great, warm but not hot with an occasional breeze. I am severely sunburned on my neck, arms and to a lesser degree my calves. I'm wondering if I'll get small blisters by tomorrow.

why not train ? car ride sucks. traffic so hardcore bad

k nvm train aint gonna work

Is there public transportation to the Air Show?

Not really. The regular bus from downtown San Diego does not enter the base; Miramar Road at Black Mountain Road is the closest bus stop during the Air Show, and heavy Air Show traffic may cause the bus to detour further away. Also, due to heavy Air Show traffic, taxi fares could be extremely expensive.

My buddy Alex (from Black Friday) and his girlfriend wants to come too. So I'm thinking I carpool with them or you, down to SD, and we meet up there?

I think we have 6 people

Tino

Belinski

Sleepy Giant Dude

Me

Alex

Tai

Do we have a car that can fit 6? Or just take two cars?

Tai = Thai which is her nickname from Vichaya (easier than pronouncing that lol). She's a old classmate of mine from Cal Poly

So should I just carpool with them and then meet you at the place or how should we do this? How many people are you guys going with