Sign in to follow this  
Malaphax

Games and Gaming News

22 minutes ago, Malaphax said:

No, it was early access until the launch date - today... 2/13/2020 - try clicking that link again. 

Ah. Ok. So it literally just launched. I must have seen the old page.

Some previews for Amazon's new MMO: New World

https://www.ign.com/articles/new-world-hands-on-with-amazons-upcoming-open-world-mmorpg

https://www.pcgamer.com/new-world-hands-on-classic-mmo-questing-with-50v50-territory-wars/

This game has been overhauled at least once from a survival style game, although many of those elements still remain.  Both previews suggest the combat is good and feels more action oriented than the vast majority of mmos but there's an obvious focus on pvp.  There's no classes, but rather an open skill tree system.  I have a strong feeling there's very little PvE content and there's no dungeons/raids or other traditional PvE endgame (at least at launch) so this is going to be a very tough sell. 

Unfortunately it looks like the amazon dev team didn't really know what they were working on and are trying to slap an 'MMO' label on a survival/crafting game with some open world PvP and simplified territory control.  I know there was once a time when big open PvP was a really cool idea (DAOC gets cited plenty) but after playing guild wars 2's WvW, I can safely say that it holds no interest for me.