Sign in to follow this  
Malaphax

Games and Gaming News

Hmmm. Good for them. There was definitely some labor-of-love in the project though. They got by on some frugal living there for a while which someone who was more career-and/or-I-got-to-support-the-family would probably not be willing to do. Even the profit they made off of Dustforce is actually not that high split 4 ways (abouts $70k each?) but who knows how long they have to stretch that amount out for until their next game.

Also keep in mind they might find much more backing from investors after having a relatively successful first game. Not to mention the wonders of crowd funding that has really taken off in the last year or so. I bet you if they were seriously in need of funds they could raise 100k on kickstarter in a couple of months.

Monster Hunter Online. Right now it looks to be aimed at eastern markets. Keep in mind that even if you don't like the aesthetics, the gameplay has always been rather "action combat" and it has always had mmo style elements. This seems like a natural progression. The only downside is that the game will function very similar to vindictus, you go out on missions and take down monsters, but aside from that there isn't nearly as much of an overworld as other mmo's. At least that's how it's been in other monster hunter games. Still it looks pretty good, it's using cry-engine 3.

This isn't breaking news or anything but I've re-watched this trailer a few times. It's really solid imho. Especially the fight scene.

I know this is pretty off topic and random, but I wish they would put who produced the trailers... For example I know blur made my favorite trailer of all time:

So I'm not sure if Steam just doesn't like this but I tried the "limit downloads to x bandwidth" setting and it decided to "lose" 10GB of already downloaded game data, start over and the speed does not stay constant.

soo i was like wtf happen to the ghost recon online thing.

they want me to download uplay; so now i have steam origin and uplay.

i dont like where this is going WUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKK

The only one which is a flat out deal breaker for more from now on is GFWL. That shit is literally unusable at time.

Someone should setup a class action lawsuit forcing publishers to release their content on all delivery platforms rather than just a single one. I think that could be almost be consider monopolistic. Prevent EA and companies from releasing all this junk.

Someone should setup a class action lawsuit forcing publishers to release their content on all delivery platforms rather than just a single one. I think that could be almost be consider monopolistic. Prevent EA and companies from releasing all this junk.

....but wouldn't that set a precedent that could be used against Steam and Steamworks games?