Tactically Inept

Fashion & Beauty Thread

kuhla

Narutard my ass. Naruto doesn't wear a scarf or a face cover of any sort. That would be Kakashi.

Disclaimer: I am not an otaku. dammit.

I don't know if you're just immune to the cold, but it's frigid at night-- it is a dessert after all.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ren, whose side are you on!? O_O!!!

I stopped watching naruto back in high school but I still follow the manga. It's too slow. I stopped following bleach because it got stupid.

The mainstream shonen series are pretty watered down nowadays. -_- They need more mystery based ones like Detective Conan or Deathnote ... those were decent.

One piece is good-- it has really touching stories. Once you pass the first 7 episodes it gets really good. I know most of you hate the art tho.

[this totally detracts from the main topic]

Beauty-- [EDIT: it's egg white... you can find recipes online] i heard if you use an egg white mask it tightens your skin.

You guys better take care of your body now-- skin aging is just going to increase exponentially as you grow older.

Use lotion after you shower/wash your face. Always wear sunblock/sunscreen (45spf minimum) everyday, rain or shine.

And wear sunglasses for goodness sake. protect your eyesight. You don't have to buy designer pairs, which are ludicrous in price... you just need to find a 100% UVA/UVB protection pair. You can find a relatively nice one for ~$20-30.

I bought one that wraps around my face so sunlight doesn't get in from around the sides.

INVEST FOR YOUR FUTURE!!!

malaphax, you know the funny thing is, I actually wear that in my car every morning I drive to work. :D

I'm protecting my face dammit! The payoff is better skin in the long run.

Yeah there are sunglasses that wrap around a little farther. Kinda like this:

Posted Image

Ren: you're a jerk. I may be fat but not that chubby...yet.

I shave against the grain around once a month, never even so much as cut myself? how hard did you shave? do you use a safety razor or a straight edge?

I use a gillette fusion proglide power. Even when shaving with the grain and a new blade, I get skin irritation, noticeable redness and bumps that fade after an hour or two.

When I'm shaving against the grain, the sound is like rubbing two piece of sand paper together.

In general I try to shave as little as possible, to avoid all this, but this means my facial hair varies pretty wildly between sunday and thursday.

I use a gillette fusion proglide power. Even when shaving with the grain and a new blade, I get skin irritation, noticeable redness and bumps that fade after an hour or two.

When I'm shaving against the grain, the sound is like rubbing two piece of sand paper together.

In general I try to shave as little as possible, to avoid all this, but this means my facial hair varies pretty wildly between sunday and thursday.

that sounds horrible. how often do you shave? how often do you replace your blades? I use a mach 3 turbo and I've never gotten anything close to what you describe. have you considered moving to a straight edge razor? I hear many men who switched and swear by them and that they eliminate razor bumps and irritation and all that. of course, they require a lot more time to shave with though and is why I didn't bother. I abhor shaving.

Have you gentlemen considered investing in some type of cream that slows the growth of body hair?

that sounds very unnatural and would be something I would not likely to even consider using. but then again compared to kuhla or malaphax my facial/body hair growth is pretty insignificant.

I wish we lived in a world where a proper beard was more professionally ok. I shave 3 times a week. Thursday. Saturday. Sunday. Sunday is the worst because I just shaved the day before so it's a compounded problem. I shaved this week on Tuesday because I also got a hair cut the same day and had not showered in 4 days so I figured I would go the extra step of shaving (before showering) to make myself completely fresh-n-clean.

I replace blades when the line is either gone or faded (which is what the box says you are supposed to do) which is usually about 2 weeks.

I've considered a straight edge. I've seen people rant about it before but it seems like it would just take so much time.

thats about how often I replace too (# of shaves-wise). I use an electric razor just to look decent for day to day and shave with a disposable razor about once a week. if I shaved as often as you did I'd strongly consider a straight edge.

edit: a little bird picked up on something that I didn't.

... had not showered in 4 days so I figured I would go the extra step of shaving (before showering) to make myself completely fresh-n-clean.

first of all you really should shave in the shower, it opens your pores and softens the whiskers and generally makes the shaving process a lot easier and will reduce irritation (this might be whats causing it). second, why did you not shower in 4 days? o__o

thats about how often I replace too (# of shaves-wise). I use an electric razor just to look decent for day to day and shave with a disposable razor about once a week. if I shaved as often as you did I'd strongly consider a straight edge.

I've tried electric shavers before. Every time it just seemed like they gave a terrible shave; looks like I haven't shaved in a day.

first of all you really should shave in the shower, it opens your pores and softens the whiskers and generally makes the shaving process a lot easier and will reduce irritation (this might be whats causing it). second, why did you not shower in 4 days? o__o

I cannot see in the shower and I don't trust myself not to miss a spot without a mirror. I've tried hand held mirrors. Doesn't work so well.

I went to the gym on Friday. Showered after that. I didn't do any strenuous physical activity since then. No need to shower. Save water bro.

EDIT: Who was bird?

try using a fogless mirror. I thought about getting one of these. http://www.amazon.com/Ace-Men-Fogless-Show...r/dp/B0019CU2GU

It's not fog. That's easy to fix, you just take some soap and wipe over the glass and tiny bit of water and it stays fog free. More like precariously hanging it from shower head, moving it to get better angles, poor lighting. EDIT: My shower is built in. It's not a tub with a curtain. Reason for the poor lighting.

My skin would get really annoyed too if I tried to do a wet shave more than 2/3 times a week. I need enough hair growth for a wet shave to be useful (although my hair growth is not of European descent). Generally though, I noticed my Norelco based electric shaver works really well if I needed a daily shave, and I switch to wet shave about once a week. That way I avoid any irritation. As for electric shavers did you use a Flat or the rotary(tri-heads)? I used my brother's Braun flat style shaver before and it absolutely sucked. My norelco rotary shaver which I picked up for $8 on Black Friday is amazing.

Generally, I try to shave about 10-25 minutes after getting out of the shower if I'm doing electric because that way I allow my skin oil to help lubricate the shave. If I try to shave right after getting out of the shower, I noticed I get some skin irritation due to the completely dry oil-free skin.

I shaved this week on Tuesday because I also got a hair cut the same day and had not showered in 4 days so I figured I would go the extra step of shaving (before showering) to make myself completely fresh-n-clean.

4 Days :huh:

I can't stand not showering for 1 day....I feel so dirty.