Tactically Inept

Fashion & Beauty Thread

kuhla

From another forum. I have not read it. It was just really long so I figured there might be something worth reading in there so I manually copied it over (sorry if there are any broken links, I tried).

-----------------------

My current employer is Diesel; my job basically consists of dressing people and making them look good. I?m in sales; I dress mannequins, and do visuals as well. The following will cover the basics of day to day fashion; give an overview of each clothing item and my recommendations/tips.

Disclaimer: some people might disagree with my choices but these are MY personal preferences/things I see when interacting with customers/celebrities/fashion ?experts? that come into my store. Also, if I fail to mention something in the following post, I didn?t, I probably just don?t care much about it.

PART I

Tops:

T-Shirts (short or long sleeve)

Overview

Types: Crew neck, V-neck (both have varying depths)

Fits: relaxed, regular, slim, and super slim

Posted ImagePosted Image

The slimmer shirt is the tighter it will be at the waist. The chest area is also brought in (The armpit area tends to get tighter; if you sweat a lot this might be annoying).

Dos:

? Wear v-necks as they are more fashionable than crew necks

? Explore different colors that match your skin tone

? Wear a slimmer fit t-shirt as they tend to complement the upper body much better than a regular/relaxed fit.

? If you get a t-shirt that has a graphic on it, make sure its tasteful (hint: if it has skull and crossbones, hearts, or a tattoo print, NO)

Don?ts:

? Don?t wear the following brands: Affliction, Tap out, Ed hardy, Christian Audigier. Please don?t.. and if you do stop immediately, they we?re cool 3-4 years ago now you?ll just stand out and look like a douchebag.

? Don?t wear deep v-necks if it doesn?t match your body type. I hate seeing skinny non-aesthetic guys with no chest wear deep v-necks (this has been confirmed by women as well). Same if you?re chubbier, don?t do it.

? I can?t believe i have to say this but if your t-shirts have a yellow stain under the armpit from years of use throw them out immediately.

Recommendations/tips:

? Try and find shirts that have a thinner cotton construct as it will show off your upper body better (if you do lift). You?ll look much more aesthetic.

? Every guy should have a set of plain t-shirts in several colors. Match your jeans/shoes and just throw it on, easy.

? Shirts with patterns or a logo are also essential just make sure they?re tasteful and something a self-respecting adult would wear.

? T-shirts that have buttons on or around the collar, especially if they are lower down to the abdominal area are a huge chick magnet, get em.

? These may be harder to come by but girls seem to like the European ? sleeve shirts I wear, I only started wearing the recently and so far I?ve had nothing but compliments. If you can find them go for it

? Shorter guys should wear V-necks all the time as it elongates your neck and makes you look taller

? I know I skipped polos because I don?t like them... it?s probably just in my head but they hide my traps/upper chest, I feel weird in them. However, they mostly come in 2 kinds of material, the standard thick cotton construct or cotton similar to that of a t-shirt with 1-2% spandex or elastin added, I prefer those as it hugs my body better

? The same rules apply for t-shirts that are long sleeve

Shirts

Overview

Types: flannel, plaid, solid colors, patterns (stripes, pin stripes, checkered, etc.) (Both come in short and long sleeve)

Plaid: Has become really fashionable in recent times, wear these casually, they?re good for day to day use.

Flannel: Looks the same as plaid in most cases except the material is much thicker, better suited for colder weather. I?d hold off on these unless you really know how to pull them off. You?ll look like a lumberjack otherwise.

Solid colors: These shirts tend to have varying collars (standard, large, winged, etc.) for now let?s stick to the basics. Better suited for a ?night out? or when you want a cleaner look, work well with dark colored denim and cotton pants.

Patterns: collars can vary as well with pattern shirts, though if you are to wear them with cotton pants or a suit, don?t go too crazy with the pattern or it?ll look weird.

Posted Image

Fits: regular or slim/tailored

Posted Image Posted Image

Same rules apply for shirts; a slimmer shirt will be tighter on the waist and chest area. If you?re unsure if a shirt is slim/tailored, most have two darts on the back like the 2nd pic. Again, slimmer fit: tighter armpit/shoulder area.

Dos:

? Almost all the points in the t-shirt section apply here

? Do wear a slimmer fit as they are much more fashionable

Don?ts:

? A lot of guys who lift will buy slim fitted shirts that are way too small for them. If you?re your arm looks like a sausage casing in it? it?s too small. If it bunches up in your armpit... it?s too tight. Finding the right shirt is troublesome if you do lift and you have a large upper body... I can?t even wear shirts anymore. If you can? I?m jelly because the right shirt with the right jean looks really nice and a lot of girls like that look.

Recommendations/tips:

? Almost all the points in the t-shirt section apply here

? Again thinner material = more aesthetic

Pants:

Denim

Overview

Fit: relaxed, straight, boot cut, slim, tapered, skinny, carrot, slim-skinny/tapered, carrot-skinny/tapered

Waist: low, mid, high rise

Wash: Raw denim, acid wash, stone wash, shadow effect, 3d effect, frost wash, forest wash, etc.

Pics were too hard to find and even if I did post some the minute details are hard to see so I?ll try and describe them as best I can

Fits:

Relaxed: A straight leg jean that has about .5 to 1 inches wider thigh and calf area than a regular straight. (These are good for just lounging around or just running to the mall or grocery store real quick, I don?t wear this cut to go out)

Straight: the most ?regular? fit, the knee and the bottom of the jean are the same girth. (everyone should have a pair of straight leg jeans, they fit really well and if you don?t know what best fits your body or all this jean nonsense is confusing you just go buy straight cut jeans)

Boot cut: As the name hints, the thigh fits the same as a straight with the only difference being it starts to open up at the knee and flares out at the bottom. Typically boot cuts will be 1 inch wider on the bottom than a straight leg. (These have also fallen out of style in recent time but can still look good)

Slim: Same as a straight leg in the sense that it?s the same size on the knee to the bottom but the overall size is tighter by about an inch on the thigh and the calf area.

Tapered: Tapered jeans typically have a slim thigh and are brought in a bit on the calf area. They?re still roomy in the thigh but are a little tighter near the calf/ankle.

Skinny: They start getting tight at the top of the thigh and continue to do so till the ankle.

Carrot: Carrot is a term used to describe the type of jean that has a lower crotch area. Basically you can have the pulled down jeans look without pulling them down. The leg is usually tapered on carrot leg jeans.

Slim-skinny/tapered and Carrot-skinny/tapered: Tight as fuuuuuarrrkkk

Waist: self-explanatory where the jean will sit on your hips, most jeans are either low or mid waist, high waist jeans don?t really apply to men as much as they used to decades ago. You can find most relaxed/straight/boot cut jeans in low and mid waist while the tapered/slim/skinny/carrot are all usually low rise.

Wash: This is easily the most complex and confusing part of denim. Certain brands (such as Diesel) take extreme pride in their jeans and will have jeans undergo wash treatments that can take up to 5 days per pair. Sticking to the basics all you need to know is the following; raw denim, light wash, dark wash.

This will be a good Segway into my recommendations:

Every man should own at least 3 pairs of jeans, 1 raw, 1 light and 1 dark color

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Raw: The raw jeans aren?t black, they?re a very a dark blue, the term raw means they haven?t had any wash treatments applied to them they?re one solid color. Girls seem to LOVE these jeans for some reason... every time I show a customer a pair of raw denim the sister/mom/girlfriend/friend 90% of the time will pick them out immediately. They can be dressed up with a nice shirt and a pair of loafers and can also, in the right situations, be dressed down. If you are to dress them down wear layers, they?ll look better than just a plain t-shirt, that?s what the other 2 are for.

Light: Summer, spring, even fall they look good, they match your colored shirts really well and are a good all-around jean to own. Just throw on with a t-shirt or shirt and go.

Dark: winter, fall, spring, same as above they?re a good all-purpose jean and match your darker colors better. Require very little thought, just match your shirt/shoes and go.

Dos:

? Do try a slim or a tapered jean as they look more fashionable

? Do explore different washes than you?re used to, just make sure they?re tasteful

? Go for low rise jeans as they are more fashionable/women find them sexier

Don?t

? Don?t wear skinny jeans or boot cut jeans unless you have the body type for it, both can look good but require a certain body (skinny: thin legs, boot cut: longer legs) to pull off. You?ll either look good in them or you?ll look like a douche, there is no middle ground.

? I hate the carrot look where jeans hang down your ass? girls like to look at your ass why are you hiding it? Even if you don?t have much down there, wear low rise slim jeans they?ll give the illusion that you do.

? Don?t wear true religion jeans or other jeans with thick stitching, it has really gone out of style and much like wearing an Affliction tee... you?ll look like a douche.

Recommendations/tips:

? As stated above own at least 3 pairs of jeans, it?ll make your life easier and getting dressed in the morning a breeze.

? Make sure your jeans match your shirt, you might not notice/care but women do, they?re much keener on fashion and clothing and will shut you out if you look like you don?t know how to dress without ever having spoken to you (srs). I?ve had girl friends tell me they like a guy but can?t date him because he dresses like an idiot.

? Pro tip: match you shoes/belt with the stitching color on your jeans.

? Avoid wearing jeans that have polyester in them, they?ll smell quicker and look cheaper. Go for 100% cotton (again YOU might not notice but I do and girls do)

? Don?t machine dry your jeans, hang dry them and they won?t shrink or lose color as much

? Unless your jeans are stained and you really want to keep the exact same color you can freeze your jeans. Put them in the freezer for 24-48hrs and they?ll be cleaner than had you washed them. Just make sure there are no smelly foods next to them.

? Shorter guys should wear tapered/skinny jeans, they?ll make your legs look longer and you?ll look taller.

Cotton pants:

Same as jeans but are made from cotton. Mostly come in solid colors, some have patterns but none have washes. Same rules apply. Most of them have chino pockets instead of the 5 pocket construct jeans do.

PART II

Shoes:

If your day to day shoes look like this, **** you.

Posted Image Posted Image

You?re only allowed to wear jogging shoes WHEN YOU JOG. Only wear hikers when **** you, don?t even wear them when you hike.

Types: Sneakers (low, high), casual shoes, dress shoes, loafers, boat shoes.

Casual: Casual shoes that most people wear that don't fit the sneaker or dress shoe category

http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca-eng/men/shoes/...49077-chello/97

http://www.ssense.com/men/product/diesel/s..._sneakers/45511

Sneakers: Shoes most people wear, most commonly low tops. High tops are also very fashionable (urban/street fashion); most people who do wear them have them on with the tongue sticking out.

Low

http://www.ssense.com/men/product/diesel/l..._sneakers/45508

http://www.littleburgundyshoes.com/ca-eng/...798-flanagan/90

High

http://www.littleburgundyshoes.com/ca-eng/...665-alukonis/92

http://www.littleburgundyshoes.com/ca-eng/...235-decrosta/97

Dress shoes: I think everyone knows what they look like. Don?t get them pointy or too rounded on the edge. Wear them with cotton pants or raw/dark denim. Some come with laces, others are loafer style.

http://www.stevemadden.com/Item.aspx?id=56...128_421-147_427

http://www.stevemadden.com/Item.aspx?id=87...128_421-147_427

Loafers: awesome to wear in summer without socks, if you do wear them make sure they?re 100% leather to avoid having them smell. Wear them with jeans or cotton pants.

http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/men/shoes/dres...9237-yendell/97

Boat shoes: awesome to wear in summer; look good with shorts. Make sure they?re 100% soft leather.

http://www.theshoemart.com/sperry_top-side...m_source=nextag

Dos:

? Wear the appropriate shoe with the appropriate pants.

? Match your shoes with your t-shirt/belt.

? Take care of your shoes and maintain them by washing them properly.

Don?t:

? Don?t wear anything too flashy or with too many colors it just looks weird.

? If your shoes look beaten up and are really dirty and destroyed get new ones, girls notice your shoes often before they notice your face.

? A big no no are those half sneaker half dress shoe creatures guys seem to think are fashionable??????????. don?t do it bro.

Recommendations/tips:

? If you don?t want to buy cleaning products here is a simple alternative: pour boiling water into a bowl and add; laundry detergent, dish soap, regular soap, and add a tiny minuscule dash of bleach. Mix it in a bowl and dip a tooth brush in the mixture to brush your shoes in a circular motion. Wipe them off with a wet towel and finally dry them with another towel (pro tip: don?t brush your teeth with the same tooth brush)

? Make sure any shoe you wear without socks is 100% leather, they?ll stink a lot less and are much easier to clean

? Some shoes that you wear without socks will hurt the back of your ankle the first few times, if you want to break them in quicker just stand and stomp on the heel of the shoe and step down on it a few times and you?re good to go

Accessories:

Belts, watches, earrings, bags, bracelet, necklaces, etc.

Belts:

Do?s:

? Belts are like what purses are to women, have a lot of them for no reason. They really complete an outfit

Don?ts:

? Don?t wear a buckle that?s too big, its ugly; the buckle shouldn?t be much thicker than the belt strap. If your buckle says something like ?thug life?... kill yourself.

Recommendations/tips:

? Pro tip: This may sound counter intuitive but as much as possible DON?T wear a black or white belt. Wear off colors like burgundy, cognac brown, velvet blue, dark blue, beige, basically any color that can match your outfit that?s not black or white. This will give you bonus points. I?ll still wear black a lot but if I CAN I won?t. I don?t wear a white belt unless there?s some other color or a pattern on it. Thinner strap belts can look good too just be more careful with what you wear them with, they?ll look better on low rise jeans.

Posted Image

A few belts i own

Watches and bracelets:

A good watch goes a long way.

Do?s:

? With jeans or regular pants I like to wear leather straps

? Don?t wear bracelets when you?re wearing a long sleeve shirt or a suit.

Don?ts:

? Don?t wear large leather cuffs, 2 small ones look better than one huge piece of leather or just a small one

Recommendations/tips:

? Pro tip: if you do or can find ? sleeve shirts wear a watch and bracelets (on the other arm) it looks really good and chicks notice. Don?t go crazy with bracelets?

Necklaces:

Do's:

? Wear a gold necklace if possible and you can afford one, gold will never go out of style

? Thinner chains are much nicer looking than thick ones

? Dog tags can also be nice, just make sure they're smaller than the standard issue military ones

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/diesel-dog-tag-necklace/3175000

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/diesel-dog-tag-necklace/2974604

Disregard brand and price, these are just examples

Dont's:

? Do not wear those thick silver plated necklaces everyone seems to be wearing... wtf man

? Avoid big medallions

? Avoid thick silver or gold necklaces, they're not very nice unless it really suits you and you can pull it off

Recommendations/tips:

? If you are going to wear a shark tooth (or any animal tooth) necklaces just make sure it's not huge and overbearing

? Leather straps are alright compared to metallic ones but they usually have something at the end of them that make them styles, not the strap it self, make sure that what ever is tied to it is tasteful and not too big

Bags:

I?ll address the Satchel issue. I wear one. It?s small and convenient and I hate having things in my pocket. As long as you?re jacked or aesthetic or look like you have a sense of style you can pull it off.

Underwear:

This is a very important, if not the most important part of your wardrobe, I?m very serious. Every girl that?s ever undone my pants/lifted my shirt either to unleash its content, to mire the aesthetics or just for the lols have always said something along the lines of: ?woww your boxers are ****ing hot?. Designer boxers are expensive but are worth it, your balls will thank you for the added comfort and the women in your life will thank you for having taste. I wear a lot of Diesel boxers, gets some, you?ll get all sorts of compliments, I also like Calvin Klein and Emporio Armani.

http://www.freshpair.com/mens/Diesel.html

http://www.freshpair.com/mens/Calvin-Klein...9gag=2050509077

http://www.mainlinemenswear.co.uk/section.php?xSec=2573

Recommendations/tips:

? Wear boxer briefs

? Wear a lot of colors (Plain gray/black/white is boring)

? Due to cost have at least 2-3 pairs you can wear when you go out or when you?re going to see a girl and your pants might come off

Store recommendations:

Where I like to shop and find the best value:

? http://www.zara.com/

This is where I get most of my tops, they have very nice styles, every time I walk into that store I leave with something new. Good price range and excellent quality. I had a set of plain V-necks (20$/ea~) I bought from there that lasted me 3 years. They have a lot of cleaner/dressier clothes

? www.diesel.com

If you have a little more money to spend go here for jeans. Diesel jeans range from 185 to 800$ (most hover around 225$). If you have the money do it, it?ll be the best purchase you?ve ever made. Best styles/fits/washes of any brand and I?m not just saying that because I work there. 80% (check to see if there?s an Italian flag stitching on the back) of jeans are hand made in Italy and will last you 5+ years. Don?t buy cheap jeans, you?ll look cheap and feel cheap.

? http://www.energie.it/Index.aspx

Another designer that I like that have a lot of urban fashion choices, price point is similar to that of Diesel, again if you have the money go here.

? http://bananarepublic.gap.com/

Another good choice if you want dressier clothes that are still urban and casual, the price point is slightly higher than Zara but they have a lot of quality pieces.

? www.ssense.com

Online site with dozens of designer brands and often have sales, you can find a lot of nice things here.

? www.revolveclothing.com

Same as above.

? http://www.stylexchange.com/

They have a large collection of designer clothes and often have sales. I shop a lot here as well.

My wardrobe consists of Zara, Diesel, and stuff from style exchange, I recommend these stores. Look good, feel good.

Final note: the price tag on your clothes =/= style, I can walk into Wal-Mart and make good looking outfits for any body type. Sure it won?t look as sharp as the designer clothes others might wear but don?t get the idea that you NEED to spend a lot of money on your clothes to look good. There are a lot of stores that I didn?t write about that have excellent clothes at very acceptable prices (Levi?s, Urban behaviour, AE, etc.), it?s all in how you match your clothes, color pallets you use and the way you carry yourself.

This was my basic guide, I hope this helps and that you have learned something new. If there are any questions feel free to ask here.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I read the post. I disagree with some points mostly on personal preference not on substance. For example I hate v-neck shirts. I think you look like a fucking douche when you wear them, I also think a standard polo isn't a bad look, although I do prefer button up shits.

Also he's speaking about layering when he's making these recommendations. Yes you can wear a plain t-shirt and some jeans and let that be your outfit, but realistically you might also need a jacket/outerwear or even just another layer of a button up shirt etc...

Also I dislike accessories on men besides a watch/belt. Anything beyond that starts to look shitty really quickly. And considering he suggests thin gold chains, I'm going to go ahead and call him out on that bullshit. He's probably dead on for the shoes. I really am considering a pair of adidas shoes in addition to the shoes I have.

Also I recently found this site, I do like some of their jackets and button up shirts:

http://www.jackthreads.com/offerings

• 4 months later...

Got in a big fight today with my mom about clothes. She thinks that all my clothes are old and look crappy, that I have no interest in looking fashionable, that I make our family look poor, that she doesn't know anyone who wears clothes as old as me, again that I reflect on the whole family, blah blah, guilt trip, blah, blah etc. I argue that if she wants me to look good then who is going to miraculously pay for all this new clothes since I'm not going to swing down to walmart to pick up replacements and quality clothes can quickly add up the cost. She offered to help pay for it. Before anyone reads into that, I am not at all happy about that arrangement but I can't maintain my little sanity and let her nag me ad nauseum.

So if any of you have anything you want to add to this thread, please do so in the next few days before I start buying stuff.

Dear Diary....

Ok, I think I can break this into a few categories...

What I will NOT be looking to acquire at this time because I either already have plenty of them, have them very very low on my priority list or I buy replacements often enough that it doesn't matter:

► Jacket(s).

► watch(es).

► Undershirts.

► Underwear.

► Socks.

Categories that will be getting some attention:

█████ Formal Wear: I currently have 3 suits. I wear 2 of them because the 3rd one doesn't fit. The 2 need to be replaced. I'm not sure where to shop while considering cost. I'm not sure what I want either. The last time I got suits was from Men's Wearhouse and 3 Day Suit Broker. I'm not sure if I want to go back but I can't really argue with their prices. I've tried to do some preliminarly research into modern suit fashion but I'm finding too many "casual" suit getups. I'm also finding a number of people saying a black suit is too formal except for funerals which is news to me but I could be very very biased compared to the average person on this considering I wear a suit (and see other people wearing a suit) 2-3x a week every week. I had a nice dark gray one that I liked so I would want something in that color again but a lighter gray is fine too. A dark blue navy would probably be a safe bet too. I already have quite a few ties and some ok dress shirts so adding more of those is a maybe.

█████ Casual t-shirts: The only t-shirts I actually wear when going out right now are only to the gym because I don't like any of them. Anything I buy going forward are going to be solid colors. No graphics. No text. If there is any branding whatsoever it will have to be small. I willing to allow myself to look at small v-necks. I figure 3-4 casual t-shirts should be more than enough with all the polos I have right now. Darker/subdued colors probably. I'm worried about fit. My current undershirts are comfortable but noticibly tight. Other shirts I have may be fine around the shoulders but drap over my torso/arms.

█████ Belts: I got into the habit of wearing belts most of the time. I wear some thicker, black leather belts that were givin to me by my old work which have been very durable and felt nice. Not sure what needs to be done on this front if anything.

█████ Other casual shirts: We are talking about button-ups mostly. I see some people saying that long sleeve button ups are what's up right now. Not sure how I feel about that. Most of the ones I have right now are short sleeved and pretty big. The only one where I like the fit actually has a large hole by the shoulder but I still wear it sometimes. No lumberjack. Maybe 2-3 nice button ups would be fine.

█████ Polo: I actually have quite a few of these right now and I'm not sure I really need more/others. I think they all are in good condition and fit me fine. I'm just leaving the option open to get some new ones but it's unlikely I will. I wear these at work so I don't think I've ever let them get too bad before replacing them in the past.

█████ Jeans: I'm currently wearing the cheapest possible jeans which I got for $18 a piece on sale that fit me comfortably. I'm not crazy about how they look but I'm really worried about not being able to find anything half-way modern that will work with the size of my legs. I saw some people reccomending Levi?s 508 jeans. I'll look into them. I thought jeans with a lower rise were "in" but I guess not? I dunno. I may have to go a bit higher on these to at least 3 jeans because I wear these at work so they get a lot higher usage.

█████ Shorts: I have a few shorts right now but I don't really like any of them because of their pattern or cut. No idea where to start on this one and it's weekend-wear only anyhow. If I found 2-3 nice shorts though, that would be neat.

█████ Slacks/Chinos/etc.: I'm not sure what roles these would fill right now. I have a light brown office casual style slacks I bought a long time ago for my old work. They feel good and look decent but I have no reason to wear them lately so it just sits in my closet. Similarly with anything like chinos. I'm not sure when or how/when I would wear them. I'm not going to plan at this point to buy any.

█████ Shoes: Right now I have 2 shoes. My formal shoes and my gym/work/casual/outdoorsy/everythingelse shoes. I think I need one more pair as the work/casual shoes and take my current shoes and make them gym/outdoorsy/everythingelse shoes. No boots. I'm not willing to go that far. Absolutely none of those dress/casual hybrids. I don't like those at all. No loafers. My dress shoes are about 7 years old now but they look ok and I just recently had new outsoles put on them because I work the old ones off. They could use a little more work but I don't want to replace them right now.

So far that brings a total of:

► 2 suits

► 3-4 casual t-shirts

► 2-3 casual button up shirts

► 3 jeans

► 2-3 shorts

► 1 shoes

I think that's enough thinking about clothes for one day....

• 4 weeks later...

Spent almost 4 hours today suit shopping. Tried on at least 25 jackets and maybe 15 or so pants. First went to nordstrom rack. Then went to Macy's.

I spent a lot of time trying to find something that fit right in the shoulders, across the chest and down the length of my arm. Tried some slim fit jackets too. Some fit fine. Almost every single pants had thighs that were too tight. Waist was fine and sometimes even way too big but thighs still too small. I have a 34 waist but even 38 waist normal cut didn't have large enough thigh areas. Slim fit pants was right out.

Finally found one nice navy blue from Alfani Black that fit across the shoulders, down the arm and the thigh of the pants fit ok. Happy accident the suit was on sale too. Got home, fairly happy with my purchase, put it on to show mom, "it's too short around the waist! take it back!"

Posted Image

I looked online and found pictures of fashionable, trendy suit cuts which were the same length to-around the waist as what I had. Shorter than more traditional cuts but nothing I think anyone ever care about.

I'm hoping they have the same suit in a long cut tomorrow when I return it.... of course that will mess up the arm length completely....

• 3 weeks later...

At some point, whether you remember or not, I've probably mentioned to you that I don't like my leg hair. I think it's ugly and I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen someone as hairy or more hairy than me.

Since this is strictly an exercise in superficiality, I think it belongs in this thread.

Decided today to experiment with nair even though I read online that it does not work with thicker body hair. I can confirm 100% that this is in fact true. After wiping my legs after application I looked like... well.... bad.... splotchy. Had to do some emergency repair work with clippers.

I realize some of this think this is full homo but I give zero fucks. I've only had it this short one other time ever so it's a rare event. I won't embed the picture but here is a link to a before and after: http://www.picvalley.net/u/2204/7804564822...ZKKo96XOj2Z.JPG

I probably won't maintain it because it was quite a bit of work but we will see.

I went to target to check out the mossimo v-neck t-shirts that I've seen recommended a few times as a cheap option for plain t-shirts. I had thought to wear them without an undershirt, even though I've been wearing 2 layers since forever no matter the temperature. Unfortunately the v-neck is what I would solidly classify as a medium v-neck and I'm a little too self conscious to rock that without another layer. It's definitely not douchebag neck, and if I somehow had no undershirts available I would wear it alone, but I wouldn't call it a slight/small v-neck. I figured what the hell and put it on over my black undershirt and was pleasantly surprised. I thought it looked decent with a different color around the neck, a lot like my polo-shirts (since I don't button those all the way up), just minus the collar. I bought 4, red, blue, purple and a very dark purplish. There was black and white too but that's boring. There were two grays but they were a dirty kind of gray which I wasn't too impressed with. There were stripped ones which I just ...no. There was two extremely bright colors but I couldn't imagine what in the hell I would wear with them. The cut is nice, athletic, I don't have a bunch of fabric hanging around my mid-section in large size unlike some other shirts I have. Decent stuff and only $9.99. I'm pretty happy with my buy.....

So far that brings a total of:

► 2 suits 1 down (navy blue), 1 to go (dark-to-medium gray)

► 3-4 casual t-shirts

► 2-3 casual button up shirts

► 3 jeans

► 2-3 shorts

► 1 shoes

.....so I can cross something off my list. Now to get the rest done before school starts back up in two weeks.

I'm constantly being told to wear more V-neck t-shirts (even though I don't feel I have the physical build for them). You definitely do not wear them with an undershirt. I do feel a little douchebag, gay with them, but all the girls I've ever talked to who's seen me wear them, say I look a lot better with them. Get an opinion from Chris or any other girl.

I'm constantly being told to wear more V-neck t-shirts (even though I don't feel I have the physical build for them). You definitely do not wear them with an undershirt. I do feel a little douchebag, gay with them, but all the girls I've ever talked to who's seen me wear them, say I look a lot better with them. Get an opinion from Chris or any other girl.

I am fully capable of deciding if I like how an article of clothing looks on me or not. I'm not doing redoing my wardrobe for girls, I'm doing it for me.

I think v-necks can be tasteful that being said I don't know if I would want to wear anything other than a slight v-neck. While I do value the opinions of women in regards to clothing options, every women who I've had help me look for clothes has pushed me more towards their senses of style (not necessarily a bad thing) If kuhla wants to keep with his own aesthetics it might be best to shop by himself.

General rule: don't dress too far up or down from the people you are socializing with. Adjust rule appropriately.

I have a bad sense of fashion and I hate clothing shopping. I like plain clean styles. Simple easy done.

Need to get a haircut. Debating going back to the 'ol buzzcut. Boring, yes, but reliable.

Looked at some casual shoe options today. Actually realized that I'm open to the option of a slip-ons such as this (link) or this (link). I'll have to think on it more. They would be quick n easy on n off and should be comfortable.

Jeans. Thigh problems. Skinny and slim fit are full out. Relaxed and loose fit are my only options. Boot cut seems to be controversial. Some people like it and some don't. I'm seeing some recommendations for Levi 569 Loose Straight and 562 Loose Taper for people with thigh fit issues. I may check them out.