Tactically Inept

Fashion & Beauty Thread

kuhla

The only times I can wear whatever I want is on Saturday. (I have to dress appropriately for church on Sunday)

I want to go into "no care" mode and wear baggy pants. Only problem is-- to pull off the baggy pants, I need to wear a tight top and I am in no shape to wear anything tight... -_-"

Then why not swap it around the other way, baggy top and yoga pants? Supposedly those are quite comfortable.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

So, recently I've become intersted in make up (gasp) so I've been looking at tutorials on how to apply makeup. Found a lot of good youtube sites on foundation and what not.

the only thing I know how to do is eye make up but I have no clue how to do anything else.... I've always used Estee Lauder but it doesn't really give a "natural look". I need to figure out how to do that.

I realize that posting on this forum does me no good since you guys probably have no clue what to do either and if you did, I would be ... surprised.

wow... thanks guys!!

Tino-- hahaha, yes indeed.

Tech-- I've heard of that brand, never tried it though. I'll give it a shot.

Richard- thanks, i'll use her as a source of reference if I can't figure it out for myself.

Kuhla- thanks for link.

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

i tent to just go to the store and buy whats nice on my petite skinny ass self.

soo i just thought that's where the middle ground is. the fashion is 1/2 updated without being looking like a trendy or hipster look.

but honestly i don't really care if people think if i end up looking trendy or hipster. i wear whats comfortable to me.

i would rock that lacoste

i would rock that lacoste

I kind of want some 24/7 casual slip ons that don't look terrible but I would wear them with socks and a lot of them are not meant to be with their tops cut real low; showing a lot of the top of the foot. I'm not crazy about that. If those lacoste had higher tops (but not "high tops") I would be much more seriously considering them. Actually "high top slip on" is a search term I have not tried...

• 1 month later...

I hit up jcpenny over the weekend and felt like I got a shit ton of clothes for very little money so fashion is back on my mind. Random bullet thoughts on this topic...

Thinking about trying one of these as a possible undershirt when wearing clothes with short sleeves (my polos): http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/men-airism-mesh-v-neck-sleeveless-top-133182.html#03

Thinking about trying these as a casual slip-on shoe: http://www.zappos.com/kenneth-cole-reaction-never-again-navy

I tried buying a pump-top to fit on the moisturizer I'm currently using but it just doesn't seem to work. I might just have to buy the less-of-a-deal (smaller for the same price) pump top version next time. Or change to something else down the line.

I'm trying to see what my options are for leather belts that will last until WWIII and trying to see what people are recommending as decent quality to price ratio.

• 3 months later...

So this just launched:

https://www.ztailors.com/

It's created by the founder of Men's Warehouse (who was kicked out of the company).

http://www.fastcompany.com/3046767/innovation-agents/george-zimmer-unveils-his-new-tailor-on-demand-service-ztailors

Their rates look reasonable especially considering they come to you.

https://www.ztailors.com/services-rates-list

I have a couple things I might consider getting tailored, I might give this a try.

• 4 weeks later...

I really need new glasses. I've patched mine up so many times and they are really really feeling their age now. They have done an outstanding job for a "fragile" set that I've abused.

I want to try buying my next set of glasses from Zenni Optical because I'm not crazy of further contributing to the Luxottica monopoly scheme. I've seen people talk about Warby Parker too as another online glasses shop, they are a little more expensive and also have a limited selection but they do some interesting stuff like shipping to a try-it-on-your-face set that you ship back.

I remember reading this good post on reddit about fashion tips for glasses and how to find ones that fit your face well using specific set of measurements.... need to see if I can find it.... at a quick glance this is the one but I'm not 100%.

• 2 weeks later...

I really need new glasses. I've patched mine up so many times and they are really really feeling their age now. They have done an outstanding job for a "fragile" set that I've abused.

When it rains it pours! Such is my life. Glasses flat out broke yesterday. Just an FYI, if you have ever gone to lenscrafters ever, they kept all your information including your prescription, on file. I had lost my info from last time so I wanted a copy of what they had but was surprised they still had it. Apparently they keep it forever.

I really need new glasses. I've patched mine up so many times and they are really really feeling their age now. They have done an outstanding job for a "fragile" set that I've abused. I want to try buying my next set of glasses from Zenni Optical ....[removed]... I've seen people talk about Warby Parker too as another online glasses shop, they are a little more expensive and also have a limited selection but they do some interesting stuff like shipping to a try-it-on-your-face set that you ship back. I remember reading this good post on reddit about fashion tips for glasses and how to find ones that fit your face well using specific set of measurements.... need to see if I can find it.... at a quick glance this is the one but I'm not 100%.

When it rains it pours! Such is my life. Glasses flat out broke yesterday. Just an FYI, if you have ever gone to lenscrafters ever, they kept all your information including your prescription, on file. I had lost my info from last time so I wanted a copy of what they had but was surprised they still had it. Apparently they keep it forever.

Good news is my prescription has not changed. At all. In almost six years.

Also, I've ordered the pick-5-frames-trial-pack-for-5-days from Warby Parker. When I get it, I'll try each of them on and email some of you some pics. Would like some input. I chose 5 different colors and 5 different frames. Some more different than others. Tried to get as much variety as I thought my structure (oval) and size roughly (wide) could handle. Curious to see what feedback I get.

I think it would a bit boring to just default back to exactly like something I had before.

• 1 month later...