T1no

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Jedi2155 said:

nonono the stock tires are some nittos that is specific for the demons which is barely street legal. still legal.

but those footage are using drag tires by hossier which is maybe non street legal. not saying the diff wont explode on the stock tires but based on those footage its not stock tires.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

article - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-volkswagen-recall-idUSKCN1VD19N

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG said Friday it is recalling 679,000 U.S. vehicles sold since 2011 that could roll away because of an electrical issue.

The automaker said drivers could remove the key after stopping without placing the car in park, which increases the risk the vehicle could roll away. VW said a build up of silicate on the shift lever micro switch contacts is to blame.

Dealers will install and additional switch and circuit board and disable a micro switch. A Volkswagen spokesman said there are no reports of injuries. The recall covers the Jetta, Beetle, Beetle Convertible, Golf, Golf Sportwagen and GTI from various model years from 2011 through 2019.

I will test this at some point but I'm not particularly worried about this. That being said, I may make a mental note that this get addressed the next time I need service (if they don't bring it up).

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

article - https://www.engadget.com/ford-honda-bmw-vw-volvo-california-emissions-154119553.html

Five major automakers have signed a binding agreement with California that will compel them to follow the state’s vehicle emissions standards. Its fuel economy rules are stricter than federal ones, which has put the state at odds with the Trump administration.

Ford, Honda, BMW and Volkswagen agreed in principle to follow California’s standards in July 2019, as did Volvo in March. The deal they signed with the state this week will mean they have to abide by those guidelines. “We went into this voluntarily, but it is now binding, it’s enforceable,” Spencer Reeder, director of government affairs and sustainability at VW-owned Audi of America, told the New York Times.

I think we have talked about this before but California is too big for companies to ignore. Not really a surprise but it's official now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

article - https://arstechnica.com/cars/2020/12/truck-emissions-mods-pollute-more-than-dieselgate-epa-says/

As automotive subcultures go, intentionally modifying your truck's diesel engine to make extra pollution is one of the more antisocial ones out there. According to the US Environmental Protection Agency, diesel trucks with disabled emissions controls are far more widespread than you might think and emit more pollution than the diesel engines that got Volkswagen such hefty fines.

According to the EPA's Air Enforcement Division, the use of aftermarket emissions defeat devices by diesel truck owners rivals that problem. In a report first obtained by The New York Times, it estimates that 550,000 medium trucks have had their emissions systems tampered with over the last decade—fully 15 percent of the diesel trucks on US roads.

And specifically, the EPA says it's only counting tampering where all of a truck's emissions controls are removed, as opposed to mods that leave "emissions controls hardware intact and operational."

They sure are dirty. The EPA report says that 570,000 tons of excess NOx and 5,000 tons of excess diesel particulates are the result over the course of these trucks' lifetimes. Or to put it another way, "due to their severe excess NOx emissions, these trucks have an air quality impact equivalent to adding more than 9 million additional (compliant, non-tampered) diesel pickup trucks to our roads."

It has always been stupid and I am sure that this info will not stop anyone who is currently doing it. I do not know the legality of it in other states but I sort of wish more could be done about it. 550k doing the same damage as 15x that number.

9 million is a huge number equivalent to all of a major automaker's production for a whole year....

2019 (Full Year) Global: Volkswagen Sales Worldwide
January 13, 2020 by Henk Bekker in Brands, Global

In 2019, Volkswagen sales worldwide increased by 0.5% to 6,278,300 cars. VW deliveries were up in Europe, South America, China and the USA.

VW T ROC In 2019, Volkswagen sales worldwide increased by 0.5% to 6,278,300 cars. 
In full calendar year 2019, the Volkswagen brand delivered 6,278,300 vehicles throughout the world, exceeding the prior-year figure by 0.5 percent. I

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not EV related but Tesla Cybertruck related. This is part of the reason why I want a cybertruck:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/cyberlandr-electric-camper-tesla-cybertruck/?wc_mid=4035:21157&wc_rid=4035:352657&_wcsid=BA813F757DB30AE22E39377C1D9156F285D06196ABF10F36

It would make an awesome EV camper with 500 miles of EV range, onboard 240v etc.