Sign in to follow this  
T1no

RAnd0m Au7om071v3

we bought a 2013 prius three. I was pushing for the volt but I ain't paying the bills so not much room to complain. parents basically said pick something honda or toyota.

first impression: its really slow. really boring to drive but also means you can put the seat back and chill. you ain't going nowhere fast anyways. in comparison to corolla clear difference in acceleration performance so.. yea. braking performance was surprisingly tight, i thought it would be a lot worse. whole car seems to be designed to get you to drive slow as fck (not necessarily a bad thing depending on your pov).

AC seems to be HV powered, not coupled to engine, works when engine is off which i was pleasantly surprised. got the three instead of two because it had nav, backup, and pandora extra and we wanted all 3. entune app is crap, but it works. backup camera only useful for making sure you don't run things over. ass on this thing is huge. interior really big, a lot larger than i thought before test driving it. i would say probably 15-20% larger than the corolla interior + trunk space. and a good 10% larger than 2012 camry at least. low res on the infotainment system, really bad that they still use like 600x400 res on 2013 car. need to get prius four or five trim to get HD display.

honestly if i cared more about vehicle performance this car would be really bad, but as a commuter vehicle its -ok-. i still think volt is better, though i'd have to drive both on a full commute to compare. i jelly that i can't drive in hov lane for free tho.

we paid $24000 before tax +fees because parents wanted white and white color comes at a $1500 premium (???) just because its popular as far as i can tell and dealerships know that. we could have gotten black for $23200 but they wanted $24888 w/ 888 down for white (owner must have been chinese) we haggled them down to 24000. deal was ok, it was slightly under their supposed invoice price of $25xxx (i have no idea if that guy was bs but two dealers showed us same invoice price) but nowhere near as good a deal as a volt. calculated volt out to be around $1600 more factoring in tax, 0% apr deals, rebates, and around same monthly payment.

/endblogmode

grats but while pearl maybe?

no way its premium color if its standard white.

come pick me up for lunch lol

not white pearl. blizzard white. its the only white. its premium color. msrp premium is $395. dealership premium is much more.

can't im at school. studying for finals tomorrow & thursday.

AC seems to be HV powered, not coupled to engine, works when engine is off which i was pleasantly surprised.

There are two AC compressors, one powered by the HV, the other is mechanically linked to the engine. The two switches duty depending on whether the engine is running or not (its more efficient to run it this way).

we paid $24000 before tax +fees because parents wanted white and white color comes at a $1500 premium (???) just because its popular as far as i can tell and dealerships know that. we could have gotten black for $23200 but they wanted $24888 w/ 888 down for white (owner must have been chinese) we haggled them down to 24000.

Not bad, 2 of my coworkers both bought Prius 3's recently and they aren't cheap because if you don't know, the Prius now is California's #1 Top selling car and they have insane resale value compared to everything else out there.

They actually charged an extra $1000 for my paint job too. I would not have chosen it if I had bought my car but its okay since I leased.

thanks richard, makes more sense now. tbh i didn't do a lot of research on this car or the vehicle architecture.

yes the prius is now #1 selling car in CA. white is the most popular color is why its so expensive. your paint job actually costs more at the MSRP level (not dealer-inflated).