Tactically Inept

Streaming Tech

Malaphax

So there are some solutions for splitting audio tracks and sources which I've looked into.  Stuff like voicemeeter potato/banana. 

I've mostly seen this type of audio splitting for stream/record setups.  You stream with everything blasting to a single audio track, but record with multiple audio tracks allowing you to mute music, notifications, voip, etc. so you can work with clean audio from the game or edit individual audio sources before uploading it to youtube.  Again this is mostly for people who are doing a ton of streaming and using clips/bits from their stream content to later clean up and upload to youtube. 

If I'm parsing their language correctly they're allowing the same option but specifically for twitch vods.  I guess that means twitch is finally supporting multi-track audio input?  You could have music on track 1 and then game audio/microphone input on track 2, and twitch would selectively only record track 2 for the vods and/or mute all of track 1? 

I would need to see this in action to entirely understand it. 

This seems like a possible bandaid fix for the current DMCA deluge that's been happening on twitch.  Of course this doesn't stop actual in-game music or sound effects from possibly being flagged by DMCA claims. 
I'm mildly curious why twitch is absolutely rolling over for the DMCA claims.  Is it that some bigwig thinks the business is unprofitable and is desperate to keep costs down by refusing to sign a deal similar to youtube?  Or is it amazon going full big dick mode and trying to force more favorable terms (like when they fought google)?  Or is it just regular old twitch incompetence?

• 1 month later...

"YouTube is testing its own version of Twitch clips"

article - https://www.engadget.com/youtube-clips-twitch-174701618.html

LONG LONG overdue feature. I continue to believe that Youtube could full compete with Twitch if they really wanted to. It would not even require a lot of new features/changes to approach feature parity.

Youtube in some ways beats twitch.  The ability for a viewer to rewind or pause a stream for a few minutes is already way ahead of what twitch offers.  They also offer much higher bitrate streams, and automatic archival without the current DMCA garbage that has caused nearly every creator to auto-delete VODs at this point. 

I think youtube killed off their gaming segment too early and considering there are 2 (3 if you want to count facebook) streaming sites for games in town, it's a no brainer to have them reinvest in it and relaunch it.  I'm still surprised they didn't push harder when they picked up some big names like Dr. Disrespect.  I feel like youtube needs a better more cohesive strategy.  So far the only thing I know is they paid for exclusivity for call of duty and overwatch league, but I heard that really tanked the viewership numbers for both (at least initially).  Again it seems like they need to keep building features and then start poaching more content creators, or just offering better deals to up and coming content creators so they can build up their streaming platform. 

• 3 months later...