Sign in to follow this  
kuhla

Youtube Auto-Embeds Discussion

Previously, embeds also were forced to start playing in 720p (or the next highest available format) but this functionality was taken away by youtube when they deprecated that API. At this time, there is no ETA for getting this feature back (if ever).

HD IS BACK.

I'm actually a little proud of this one.

I may go into more technical details later but for now, I've changed the embed code yet again. Embeds from this point forward for a testing period should auto-embed and start playing in 720p (if available). If testing period is successful, I look to retroactively apply it.

Previously, embeds also were forced to start playing in 720p (or the next highest available format) but this functionality was taken away by youtube when they deprecated that API. At this time, there is no ETA for getting this feature back (if ever).

HD IS BACK.

I'm actually a little proud of this one.

I may go into more technical details later but for now, I've changed the embed code yet again. Embeds from this point forward for a testing period should auto-embed and start playing in 720p (if available). If testing period is successful, I look to retroactively apply it.

Related to this, here is a work in progress allowing you to share forced HD embeds with other people and in imbeds on other forums that allow HTML in posts: http://www.tactinept.com/ythd/ythdwizard.php

Related to this, here is a work in progress allowing you to share forced HD embeds with other people and in imbeds on other forums that allow HTML in posts: http://www.tactinept.com/ythd/ythdwizard.php

Had a little bit of time and cleaned this up a bit today. Still technically a work in progress but I'm not sure if I'll spend anymore time on it.