T1no

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065217944685108/

New patch, comes out tomorrow, supposedly fixes crashes and "some" of the netcode issues that cause you to get shot behind walls or after you've gone into cover.

Also the china rising expansion has 4 maps and 5 weapons.

Maps: Taklamakan, Altai Range, Guilin Peaks and Dragon Pass.

Weapons (not confirmed): L85A2, F2000, MP-7, AS-VAL, RPK-74M.

The MAV can hover and spot more effectively, the SUAV can laser designate but since it flies you don't have an unlimited time to designate with it. Honestly I would rather use the MAV or the spotting scope if I wanted to designate targets/vehicles.

The UCAV is going to be pretty awesome, it looks powerful. I've heard it reloads very slowly off of an ammo box so hopefully people don't just sit in the back and use it as a mortar. I think the support class is pretty damn strong at this point.

Just a warning, currently all the weapons are in the game, but the assignments for them seem to reset each match. You can get the mtar in a round easy, but once the server changes maps it disappears and you have to re-acquire it. I've also heard some rumblings about serious crashing server side, but I managed to play about 3 rounds of quick team deathmatch without any crashes. Dice is throwing out server patches left and right, people seem to be rather mad.

I'll play a bit later tonight but I'm not going to go out of my way to get the weapons until I know for a fact that they'll stay unlocked. Also while none of the assignments seem completely ridiculous the assault one is a bit of a pain in the ass requiring a defib kill.

I think firestorm rush was ok, but I didn't like it on conquest because air just raped everything. In general jets are extremely powerful, I would rather see transport choppers buffed and even attack helicopters than jets. At least with transport helicopters you require 2-3 people to be effective, whereas one good jet pilot can completely own the sky and most of the ground quite easily.

Here's one of the better OST songs from the game/campaign.

lol wasnt to happy with the purchase too.

the game got to complicated and i think they overload them selves. they just dont have enough time. pressured by ps4/xbox one release tittle most likely.

still fun tho, on some aspect.

It was clearly rushed out ahead of being properly finished. Sadly I would imagine this is because of the releases of the new consoles like tino mentioned and to make it out to compete with other holiday releases (like CoD:Ghosts). The real question will be how much will be fixed and at what rate. They actually handled the server crashing pretty decently, I've only had 1 or 2 since the initial issues but client side problems still abound. It doesn't help that they introduced the blurry screen glitch when they released their last client side patch.

If they can clamp down on the major issues and get the game working with no crashes in the next month it might be alright (people have notoriously short memories) but otherwise there will be some irreparable damage to the brand. The other frustrating element is that the game itself is fun, if the game was complete shit from top to bottom I would just bail now and wait for some of the DLC and patches to come out, but I enjoy the gameplay and some of the maps/modes, which makes it doubly frustrating when it doesn't work correctly.

Thanks for paying a lot for the game to be the beta tester. I find that if I wait they will either fix the bugs in games and/or game will die out. With this type of fps franchise I imagine there will be a patch and as the patch comes out the exploits will be figured out and game will die in a different way. Either way, these fps style games are meant to be fun and cheap imo. I wouldn't pay more than $5 for this game, guess I'll be waiting a while.

I thought this conversation on reddit was interesting and insightful. The video linked it...

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1r6kkc/instanttrading_kills_is_the_result_of_a_bugged/