Tactically Inept

Titanfall 1 and 2

Malaphax

Yesterday when I played they had a beta matchmaking option enabled. It wasn't actually much better, considering how hard my team was stomping. But it was nice to see them making an effort, especially this soon after launch. Also they confirmed they will release new game modes and they will be open to all players, not tied to the dlc.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in the recent patch they updated support for 120hz and 144hz displays. The issue is that certain elements of the game are tied to refresh rate. Remember people used to comment about mouse speed being tied to refresh rate, well here's the real issue. Lockon speed is tied to refresh rate as well.

Here's a nice video demonstrating lockon speed at 120hz.

EDIT: EVEN WORSE NEWS. Rate of fire is tied to fps.

im not in gaming industry but after what happen to bf4 and now this. i wonder how stuff like this is "OK".

The difference is that Respawn managed to fix the issue pretty quickly. While battlefield is still working on their tickrate testing and other bugfixes.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/05/16/titanfalls-144hz-patch-affected-gun-rate-of-fire-respawn-fixed-it-last-night/

• 4 weeks later...

New Game modes are: 2v2 Last Titan Standing (Wingman), and Marked for Death

Marked for death is VIP style, kill the enemy VIP before they kill your VIP and once a VIP dies it resets. Seems decent.

Titan cutom decals, and new AI voices on titans.

Free update, the DLC maps are the only purchasable updates. Should be out within a month or so.

Long list of patch notes, this patch adds:

Larger burn card deck (from 26 to 46 base, increasing 6 per gen level). They also added two new modes, new titan OS voices, new titan decals, new titan burn cards.

They also put in some balance changes to nerf satchels charges, buff the R97 SMG and buff the Hemlock. Looks like a big and interesting patch.

http://www.titanfall.com/game-update-four?sf27709219=1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

They do mention that they're considering getting rid of the map pack style dlc because it's segments the community too much.

You don't say! *sarcasm*

I would have thought devs figured this out long ago but I guess not. Some people still need to learn it the hard way it looks like.