Tactically Inept

Titanfall 1 and 2

Malaphax

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.respawn.com/frontier-news-network-07-18-2017-operation-frontier-shield

They brought back rize from titanfall 1
Image_2_Rise.jpg

Also some pretty new weapon skins - something about increased xp being tied to them.  There are some new titan skins that have a ranking should patch (tied to frontier defense) as well. Some of this is limited time availability. 

Image_09_r201.png

Image_05_flatline.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/14460/october-patch-notes-tricks-and-treats#latest

• Mozambique and Wingman Elite can now be equipped as Primaries.
  • Mozambique is now automatic, has 2 more shots, and fire rate has been increased.

Attrition

• Score limit increased to 650.
  • Time limit increased to 15 minutes.
  • Adjusted AI compositions.
  • Reapers are now worth 3 points

TACTICALS

• Grapple now has one charge and recharges faster.
  • Holopilot cooldown decreased to 12.5 seconds [from 16.6 seconds]
  • Pulse Blade cooldown decreased to 25 seconds [from 40 seconds] and the pulse duration is decreased to 4.5 seconds [from 6 seconds].

Well grapple getting nerfed is bullshit.  I don't even use it and I think it's fine.  Reapers also got buffed but they dodge less, not sure how I feel about all these changes. 

Keep in mind that there won't be any new maps moving forward so at best we'll get another balance update or two, along with a handful of cosmetics before the end of the year and then I full expect the game to cruise towards end of life. 

• 2 weeks later...

I expected this from the beginning.  EA bankrolled and published their first 2 games and I expected with Respawn developing a star wars game that eventually EA would want more control.

I'm willing to wait and see how this ends up but I expect we'll see lootboxes in whatever next game they release. 

• 6 months later...

The two pieces of news I've heard are:

They plan on doing Titanfall 3, but it will not be their next game.  This of course doesn't confirm a release date and there's always a possibility that EA decides to cancel it. 

Currently respawn is working on a star wars game.  Not much is known but the rumors I saw suggested it would be a single player style shooter, possibly with RPG elements.

Generally people try to read into developers moving studios and as much as it's nice to look into palace intrigue, I find that there are too many variables surrounding events to really understand it with any degree of certainty.  My rough take on this would be that Activision was willing to pay these guys more than respawn/EA could afford and they jumped back to the old employer.  Keep in mind that activision hated the heads of Infinity Ward and that's part of the reason they created respawn under EA.  I wouldn't be surprised if Activision saw an opportunity to bolster their franchise by hiring strong industry talent.