Tactically Inept

Tactinept Youtube/Twitch Stream Video Archive

Malaphax

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
This post is going to be a little different. I downloaded the new nvidia drivers and their new Shadowplay software (part of the nvidia geforce experience).

The short and cool part of this software is that it automatically records in the background and you can save the last 10-20 minutes of gameplay. You can also manually record as well. It also has very low system impact. Learn more here:

There are however 3 major downsides I've found so far.

1. There is no secondary audio source, so you will only record audio you hear, you would need a seperate program to record audio from a microphone.

2. There's almost no customization. You get one option which is 1080p at 60FPS. Which leads to very very large file sizes, that will almost certainly need to be edited down before you try uploading them to youtube etc

3. On windows 7 you have a hard limit of 3.8gb file sizes for recordings (probably some fat32 limitation or something) on windows 8(.1) there is no limitation and you can have longer recordings.

Here's a brief video of guild wars 2. I might post a video highlight from hawken or bf4.

It also looks much better on my local machine, but youtube does their own video compression.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Posts 1-7 in this thread came from this thread originally but I moved them because I wanted to keep the other thread more focused on the twitch button, OBS tech/settings, streaming software, etc.

For future videos from our youtube channel ( http://www.youtube.com/user/tacinept/ ) that should go in this thread.

Since malaphax has got pretty comfortable in Adobe Premiere I don't think there will be too many old twitch streams being posted anymore (there are a few in this thread).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...