• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

GSPER_05.JPG

GSPER_35.JPG

http://anandtech.com/show/9736/the-gskill-km780-mechanical-keyboard-mx780-gaming-mouse-review

Things I like about this keyboard: dedicated Media keys and one column of macro keys. It does seem odd that media keys and led display are only in Red, I'm not sure why those aren't RGB, but this looks like a pretty decent offering from GSkill.

Above all I wish Corsair released either a fully mechanical version of their K40 or if they started putting their Silent Cherry Red switches in some of their other keyboards beyond the Strafe.

Honestly I've been considering replacing my old corsair k90, but I haven't been impressed enough with corsair's latest offerings to make a switch.

http://anandtech.com/show/9736/the-gskill-km780-mechanical-keyboard-mx780-gaming-mouse-review

Things I like about this keyboard: dedicated Media keys and one column of macro keys. It does seem odd that media keys and led display are only in Red, I'm not sure why those aren't RGB, but this looks like a pretty decent offering from GSkill.

Above all I wish Corsair released either a fully mechanical version of their K40 or if they started putting their Silent Cherry Red switches in some of their other keyboards beyond the Strafe.

Honestly I've been considering replacing my old corsair k90, but I haven't been impressed enough with corsair's latest offerings to make a switch.

Don't know when my next upgrade will be, probably a ways off, but if you asked me today to make some predictions about it I would say that I'll probably make an effort to move back to low profile keys.

I like the steelseries keyboard you linked except it's missing dedicated media keys. The huge spacebar is weird, but I could live with it.

Honestly, I'm rather skeptical of any brand that advertises something other than Cherry switches, they might very well be solid, but they're unknown. At least when I get something with cherry switches I know exactly how it's going to perform.

Honestly, I'm rather skeptical of any brand that advertises something other than Cherry switches, they might very well be solid, but they're unknown. At least when I get something with cherry switches I know exactly how it's going to perform.

People who tried them said they felt a lot like membrane keys but (1) I have zero issues with the feel of membrane keys and (2) the people testing were pretty serious mechanical users who I feel might have been biased to the more "traditional" cherry feel.

Technically Cherry has some lower profile options but someone needs to make something with it... I don't really want a plain-jane cherry keyboard....

do you like low profile because you like aesthetically or shorter travel ? sorry if you prob already mention it up on the thread but i wasn't willing to look for lol or perhaps other reason.

Not aesthetics. I like the short travel combined with short height of the keys. I don't "lift" my fingers much. I've been typing on low profile keyboards for years at work and home. On the mechanical keyboard with "full height" keys I occasionally (at least once per "session") will be moving my fingers from one key to another and bump my finger-tip up against another key causing me to stop for a second or sometimes mistype. Example: Typing a Q and then quickly moving to 1. I guess if they keys were short travel, but still full height, that would probably fix the issue for me.

Quickly threw together a picture because I think it would be hard to get the word picture I made above.

http://i.imgur.com/QLt1Ewr.png

• 2 months later...

The Screen is stupid. The lighting is about standard, but why in gods name do they have lights on the left grip section, those orange nubs under the side mouse buttons. That seem not only stupid but impractical, to place lights right where your thumb rests...

I'm still annoyed by some of the more recent keyboard and mouse designs. I thought we were past the crazy blinking lights phase a long time ago, but for some reason accessory makers seem to want to make every product look LOUD.

• 3 weeks later...

This post probably would have made more sense a month ago but: the 3366 optical LED mouse sensor was a Logitech exclusive for a while (in the G303 and G502) and was generally considered the best sensor out there but the exclusive agreement has expired. The "public" version is going to be named 3360 and now people are wondering what mice are coming that will be using this new sensor. Technically the SteelSeries Rival 700 is the first one announced but no one wants to talk about that mouse (see previous post about it).

I have some real reservations about final mouse but they are making some big promises with some of the mice they are currently developing. Their "ScreaM One" mouse is supposed to come out soon-ish with a MSRP of $75 and the 3360 sensor along with a ambidextrous shape like the tournament pro.

Anandtech reviewed the cherry keyboard, this supposedly has better scanning rate and response time for key presses (as mentioned on page 2 of this thread). It does look like it performs slightly better than some other high end mechanical keyboards.

http://anandtech.com/show/9987/the-cherry-mx-board-60-mechanical-keyboard-review

There's also some gaming keyboards from Das Keyboard. I have a huge issue with this particular offering, they decided to cut support for dedicated media keys (why does everyone do this). Look at one of their "professional keyboards" with media keys and compare it to their gaming keyboard, where it's suddenly absent. They should have just slapped the same media key setup on there.

DK4_Top_View_size_2_1024x1024.png?v=1454

X40-Top-View_1024x1024.png?v=1452787666

http://anandtech.com/show/9995/das-keyboard-unveils-its-first-gaming-peripherals

Supposed leaked pics of Logitech G900 from an unspecified Chinese forum. So it's ambi. Optional wireless (so it's probably fairly heavy because of the battery). Guessing it will have the data-over-cable option that some previous wireless Logitech mice had. Size is unclear. Aesthetic is..... "unique".... for lack of a better word.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some real reservations about final mouse but they are making some big promises with some of the mice they are currently developing. Their "ScreaM One" mouse is supposed to come out soon-ish with a MSRP of $75 and the 3360 sensor along with a ambidextrous shape like the tournament pro.

Pic taken from a twitch streamed event:

RnyNWpX.jpg

• 1 month later...

Supposed leaked pics of Logitech G900 from an unspecified Chinese forum. So it's ambi. Optional wireless (so it's probably fairly heavy because of the battery). Guessing it will have the data-over-cable option that some previous wireless Logitech mice had. Size is unclear. Aesthetic is..... "unique".... for lack of a better word.

....and now it's official....

source - http://anandtech.com/show/10187/logitech-announces-the-ambidextrous-g900-chaos-spectrum-gaming-mouse

The Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum gaming mouse will go on sale in April, with a MSRP of $149.99.

ohlawd

thread (replies on page 2, 3) - http://www.overclock.net/t/1595865/review-of-logitech-g900-chaos-spectrum-wireless-gaming-mouse-by-ino

So Ino is a bit of a personality in the mouse community on overclock.net forums and he did actually test the claim about the G900 having a shorter response time than some wired mice and it's actually true which I really did not expect.

+ battery ?

Yes and according to rep it technically works without it too but it may throw off weight balance since it accounts for about 15% of the overall weight.