Tactically Inept

My New Car: Audi S3

T1no

NOT YET :(

but im putting together a thread or documentation here for the upcoming purchase i will be dooing if everything goes well.

The Car

Audi S3 Sedan

Why ?

i always loved VW / Audi and i realized that this car is expensive but i think i can afford it. the word think is kinda scary but i've already input all the numbers and i can do it.

im a car lover and this is something that i really want without yolo mentality. like i would sit here and tell you i cannot simply afford an m3. i can pay for it but i would eat shit and die. you know what i mean.

base price is 41100 + 4-5k worth of options. my ideal number is 45k or less.

the options i want

Convenience package ($750) ($697)

• heated exterior mirror
  • auto folding
  • automatic anti glare
  • Interior lighting package
    • full led interior lights
  • storage compartment and luggage compartment pkg
  • Interior mirror with digital compass

Full LED headlights($1050)($977)

• Adaptive lights
  • LED

Super sport seats ($1450)($1349)

• Fine Napa leather
  • diamond sticing surface.

Bang & Olufsen Sound system ($850)($791) MAYBE

• 700W unit

19" performance package($1500)($1397) MAYBE

• Audi magnetic ride
  • 19 " bling bling with summer performance tires

There are other options that i dont list there and im not considering getting those.

MMI NAV pkg $2600 (i use google maps on my phone)

Driver assistance package $1400 (parking sensors/blind spot indicator / rear view cam)

you'll be like 45k aint no chance.....

yea for sure but im hoping to get all this @ invoice price. if not i start cutting options.

and i think most of the car that my family bought and helped some one bought cars they all purchased close to invoice price or less. even Katrina new gti i got it @ invoice price.

the invoice price for base Audi S3 sedan is $38,224 + $895 destination charge.

and each of the options have invoice listed above on 2nd parenthesis.

Build / Log

June 22 2015 - Delivery

July 11 2015 - Full Frontal clear bra [xpel ultimate]

July 28 2015 - 1000 miles break in period end

October 17 2015 - 5000 miles service (4995 miles)

December 16, 2015 - 7500 miles

December 19, 2015 - VMR 710ff + hankook ventus v12 evo2

March 25 2016 - 10000 miles

April 26 2016 - US millworksTow hook license plate holder

September 10 2016 - 15000 miles service (15103 miles)

October 12 2016 - 16000 miles

December 28 2016 - Rotate tires / Replace one tires due to nails

January 4 2017 - 18000 miles

January 10 2017 - Repair Windshield Chip

January 28 2017 - Replace Front windshield wiper

March 15 2017 - 20000 miles

May 2 2017 - 22000 miles

October 3 2017 - 27000 miles

December 8 2017 - 30000 miles

January 21 2018 - Replace Front windshield

March 8 2018 - 33000 miles

April 30 2018 - 35500 miles - Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

May 9 2018 - 35800 miles - New Battery Replacement (AAA)

August 20 2018 - Car Paid Off

August 25 2018 - Brake pads replaced all 4 corners. http://www.stoptech.com/products/stoptech-brake-pads

Feb 13 2019 - 47000 miles

July 21 2019 - 53000 miles

July 25 2019 - Tire Patch (rear right) screw

February 24 2022 69000 miles 

June 30 2022 70000 miles

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is long read but i need some input on color and im undecided on which one i want. at the end its still my decision but i want your vote friends :)
i tried getting outdoor photos because indoor auto show photos is too nice and shinny more natural color representation i guess. and i also want to see the car in person first before ordering.

RED WHITE OR BLUE MUHRICA ?

maybe black

RED

cqwxcurdmpnt87hqn675.jpg

WHITE

.jpg

BLUE

nssq4bfzfmdyubvny0xe.jpg

hory shit. how much are you taking on loan?

I personally don't like metallicky colors, so I can't go with the blue. If it was a more subdued blue I could consider it but that particular shade doesn't interest me. The grey and white look okay.

its your car though you're spending all the moneys pick what you like, ignore everyone else (unless they're chipping in).

well to be fair the white is metallic too pure white is not offered unless you pay 4k for audi exclusive color.

im putting all of the money from my a3 for downpayment and add some. then im just dooing monthly hopefully around 400-500

welp heres one LOL

had appointment @ 1 but the guys were busy soo i left after 45 mins

Martino,

I am truly sorry about your experience at the dealership today as we were short handed. That is not your fault and since you had an appointment it was not handled professionally. I truly do apologize.
We can order one for you and the price will be around $44,500 with B&O sound, LED lights, and the Tech package. However I'm not sure what the super sport seats are. I will try to figure what that is and get a cost for you in the morning.
Travis Miller
General Sales Manager
949-673-0900
Audi Newport Beach
445 East Coast Highway
Newport Beach, CA 92660

ren do you know how much you get your prius is for ? are you paying msrp ? below invoice ?

also is it bettter to deal with otd price ? meaning price of the car + tax and licensee and reg?

or negotiate the car price only.

from what i've heard, you can get better deals if you work with "otd" price, but i've never actually done this.

my prius I got at invoice but I paid tax + fees on top of that. I have heard stories where people have gotten their prius below invoice using "otd" price. this will usually only happen if the dealer is desperate to get rid of stock, so that might not be applicable here.

getting it at invoice is already a good deal because it means the dealer is making $0 on the car itself, and will have to make it up on service/accessories/etc. but if i had to do it again (and i wasn't in a rush) i would definitely call a couple of dealers and ask for their best "otd" price.

from what i've heard, you can get better deals if you work with "otd" price, but i've never actually done this.

my prius I got at invoice but I paid tax + fees on top of that. I have heard stories where people have gotten their prius below invoice using "otd" price. this will usually only happen if the dealer is desperate to get rid of stock, so that might not be applicable here.

getting it at invoice is already a good deal because it means the dealer is making $0 on the car itself, and will have to make it up on service/accessories/etc. but if i had to do it again (and i wasn't in a rush) i would definitely call a couple of dealers and ask for their best "otd" price.

well technically even if they sell you @ invoice they still make some profit from what i understand and told from ex car sales man.

dealer gets incentive and rebates for buying them in bulks from da manifactures.

I didn't know that part, so maybe "invoice" could still be profitable for dealers then. I think it would depend on the dealer and the car though. I know there was a huge backlog of 2013 volts and the dealers were dying to get rid of them when I was shopping for my car.

The problem with incentives to sell is that Dealers usually don't have cash on hand to buy those cars. They buy them via a loan and pay back the loan through sale of the vehicle. So they are paying interest on them everyday they're on the lot. They have an incentive to make the fastest turn around on them in order to recoup that investment and pay back the loan. That's why if you see a vehicle on the lot for a long time you can get a better deal on them because they don't want to keep a vehicle they have a hard time selling.

There's also monthly sales targets and commissions that agents will try for. It's generally a bit better to shop for a vehicle at the end of the month when all the salespeople are desperate to hit their numbers.

true that and December for even epic deals

to hit their yearly numbers lol

Dear Martino Harly,
Thank you for getting back to us on your current ordering status. We would love to earn your business and keep your tax dollars local. When you are ready we can build the car together I will sell the car for $200 over invoice and you will receive any rebates from the manufacturer on top of this deal if there are any when you purchase. If you have any questions or would like to set up an appointment to order your S3 please feel free to email or call anytime.
Thanks!

Travis Miller
General Sales Manager
Audi Newport Beach
949-791-3317

welp that was easy.

let see if they will budge for 42000 LOL which is 1k under invoice

Do it. Tell them you want it at that price because they jipped you on the previous missed opportunity to service you correctly. You're paying a lot so you should have the power to go elsewhere if you want.

At the minimum demand invoice pricing ($200 off) but you can start at $1000 under invoice lol.