Tactically Inept

Steam Universe

kuhla

I actually think the steam machine implementation is kind of sloppy. I'm not suggesting that steam can't be used to sell hardware/accessories but right now why would you purchase a $5,000 custom machine equipped with a steam OS when you could get something cheaper from the same company with Windows and then just install steam on top of it. There's also issues with companies not listing their full technical specifications on the steam pages. I hope when these get closer to release they firm up their specs page or there's a customization step similar to other pc retailer websites.

Also I don't believe these machines will be receiving any special optimizations so there's no real advantage to purchasing one.

In all seriousness I am really interested in trying out that steam controller. The other controllers on my radar is the xbox one controller (slight upgrade over the 360 version) which should be coming out soon for pc.

And then there's this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1384390939/grifta-morphing-gamepad?ref=category